Gravitymaster

Growing Anger Against Democrats

rushmc

by John Nolte

In another edition of the polls the media won't cover, between September 29 and October 6, Democrats have lost a four point lead in Rasmussen's generic ballot that asks voters if they would vote for a Democrat or Republican in the upcoming midterm elections. That poll is now tied at 40% - 40%. At the end of last month, Democrats led 42% - 38%.

And yet polling that goes to each race, rather than a generic 'what party are you voting for' question, show the GOP would be at risk of losing the House if the election were held this week.

If you back up a little further, Obama and his media's entire shutdown strategy is all about 2014. The media want to give Obama a third-term, which is an accurate way of describing what will happen if Democrats retake the House.

Utter nonsense. The last two years of his second term are exactly that. Only a fucking idiot pretends this would be a third term.

And really, if you're trying to set up the midterm election, the year before is a bit early. The GOP is betting, probably accurately, that they can be jackasses now because the voters won't remember their irritation in 13 months. This is the same reason that the Democrats tried so hard to push gun control at the beginning of the year - it was the furthest possible moment from an election, and thus a safe bet.

Nolte is trying hard to made lemonade out of lemons.

So I didn't hear anything about this. Did they shut down DC? Did they manage to arrest the President and members of Congress? I turned on the news but just didn't hear anything about it.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

Yes, according to news sources, there were about 50 trucks participating today. It is being reported that thousands more will arrive over the weekend. Apparently many of the drivers couldn't show up until they delivered their loads.

Here's the exciting update on the action.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Rally-Truckers-Stopped-After-Slowing-Traffic-227376341.html

http://wtvr.com/2013/10/11/truckers-ride-for-the-constitution/

It's also being reported that the President is hiding in an underground bunker with dozens or marines and Secret Service protecting him from arrest.

=================
"It's going to be real fun for anyone who is not a supporter," Conlon said, "[and] if cops decide to give us a hard time, we're going to lock the brakes up, we're going to stop right there, we're going to be a three lane roadblock."
================
Virginia state police say they stopped four tractor-trailer drivers on the Beltway, pulling them over after they began driving side-by side across all four northbound lanes of the Beltway in Fairfax County.
================

Right wing extremist runs into reality. It's never pretty.

>there were about 50 trucks participating today. It is being reported that thousands
>more will arrive over the weekend. Apparently many of the drivers couldn't show up
>until they delivered their loads.

I am sure they will. Well, until they realize that they have loads to pick up somewhere else. And then they'll see the Free Grand Slam deal at Denny's. Of the remaining 34 who show up, 4 will get pulled over by the cops and the remaining ones will blockade a local Dunkin Donuts until the workers give in to their demands for freedom of glazed donuts.

rushmc

***>If only a few hundred truckers show up, they will shut DC down.

Wouldn't it be great if the republicans knew how to fix things, instead of just shut them down? Think what we could accomplish as a nation if half of our government didn't spend most of their time thinking up new ways to fuck over the president.

They do
But they can’t get anything done because the Dems and its media lie about the intent. This forces the Republicans to defend themselves.

And the childish Democrats scream about compromise

Well, to the Dems compromise is give us what we want or we will call you name temper tantrum throwers

And all the time it this President who is fucking over all of us

Your next tantrum is coming when?

Wouldn't it be nice if the Democrats would grow up and act like adults for a change?

Then maybe they could get something done together

Seriously? Dems and the president want gun safety laws. They didn't get the votes. Did they shut down the government over it when they didn't get their way even though the polls showed large support for such a measure?

Seriously.... look me in the eye and tell me who is throwing the tantrum when they didn't get their way on this one. And who's paying the price? Yea, don't get me started on that. My paycheck was half of what it was supposed to be, and the next one will be $0 if we're in this for two more weeks.

Let the crazy ass truckers come into town and protest that one person is at fault for this. It will be comical, because guess what-- the public overwhelmingly agrees that the blame is not just on the president. Congress's approval ratings are in the shitter. Good luck with holding up the people in DC, those who can actually still go to work and get paid, who are already full of their own angst and who know better than "this is all Obama's fault." I have a feeling they're not going to get the warm welcome they were hoping for. That, or this ends up like the 'million bikers' who went to protest, and ended up being a group big enough to blend right into the normal shitty traffic around the area.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Looks like you've been had. (Don't feel bad; 30 truckers were gullible enough to show up too.)

==============
Threat of Capital Beltway shutdown is a hoax, trucker says

By Lori Aratani, Published: October 8

It can be hard to get attention for your agenda in a town like Washington, but Georgia trucker Earl Conlon figured out a way: take the Beltway hostage.

Conlon’s comments in a U.S. News & World Report story that he and thousands of truckers from across the country (and possibly Canada) planned to come to the nation’s capital Friday and bring traffic to a standstill on the inner loop of the Capital Beltway zinged across the Web and were picked up by outlets ranging from Fox News to the Huffington Post. The rally was dubbed “Truckers for the Constitution.”

But it is a hoax.

“The comments to U.S. News were designed to do one thing and one thing only: stir the feather of the mainstream media,” said Conlon, a father of three. “Nothing gets the attention of the mainstream media like some sort of disastrous threat. I knew it was going to ruffle some feathers.”
==============

I find it pretty funny you think I was "had". Purely entertainment. Too bad you took it so seriously as did others. Now go back and read what I said in this thread. It was you and others who were "had".

I laughed particularly loud at you having bulldozers pushing all these trucks to the side of the road like snow plows.

Seriously.... look me in the eye and tell me who is throwing the tantrum when they didn't get their way on this one. And who's paying the price? Yea, don't get me started on that. My paycheck was half of what it was supposed to be, and the next one will be $0 if we're in this for two more weeks.

I'll quickly point out that every poll I have seen agrees that it is the American People who do not want Obamacare.

I'm undecided on where I stand regarding the Republican gamesmanship. Both parties do it routinely. Hard to throw stones when they all live in glass houses. Oddly, it doesn't seem to dissuade any of them.

The real problem in my eyes is this: nobody is leading us toward a solution. Nobody is even discussing a balanced budget. For that matter, nobody is discussing passing a budget. They are only talking about passing stop-gap measures and borrowing more money. I'm against both. But I seem to a terribly small minority who thinks we should have a balanced budget and live within our means.

Political games. Temper tantrums. Blame. Death. Doom. Destruction.

Distraction worthy of a great illusionist IMO.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Gun laws relate to spending shut downs?

Yes, the Dems my way or the highway tantrum is what shut the gov down

Need a tissue?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I've seen plenty of polls that say that Americans do want Obamacare (or at least some sort of more organized approach to healthcare). But that's really beside the point, because your second point is the important one, and it's dead on.

No congresscritter wants to gore any ox that might impact their desired advertising approach for their next campaign. So Democrats worry about poor babies and the homeless, and Republicans worry about employers and terror. And many of them are willing to throw anything else out, as long as they get their primary thrust taken care of.

We actually had a balance-the-budget plan that was put together by a committee. No one liked it -- which probably means it was the best likely approach. That and the fact that a lot of fairly knowledgeable people thought about the consequences of most of it. The economy is, in fact, strengthening some now. It might be time to haul it back out. I, too, hope they figure something out to get the runaway deficit spending under control. At least it's getting back down into GWB territory :S

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The real problem in my eyes is this: nobody is leading us toward a solution.

The REAL problem is they're all lawyers - trained to defend their cause regardless of what's right or wrong.
Debate is good, now we need some people that can analyze all the debate and come up with a solution.
I know...a "super committee"! :S

swisschris62

The real problem in my eyes is this: nobody is leading us toward a solution.

The REAL problem is they're all lawyers - trained to defend their cause regardless of what's right or wrong.
Debate is good, now we need some people that can analyze all the debate and come up with a solution.
I know...a "super committee"! :S

Well, there are three scientists in the US Congress.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The REAL problem is they're all lawyers

Hm, lawyers, most of whom majored in government as undergrads, and who are naturally interested in government and law far more than the general population (just as doctors and engineers tend to be keenly interested in the hard sciences), working in government, making laws. You're right, it's most illogical.

:S

Andy9o8

Well, there are three scientists in the US Congress.

Or even more, depending on definitional nitpicks.

http://blog.richmond.edu/physicsbunn/2012/02/14/are-scientists-underrepresented-in-congress/

"Among the 435 members of the House, for example, there are one physicist, one chemist, one microbiologist, six engineers and nearly two dozen representatives with medical training."

Engineers are NOT automatically scientists, neither are people with medical training.

That is not to say that someone can't be both an engineer AND a scientist, or both an MD and a scientist.

Lawyers!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

davjohns

I'll quickly point out that every poll I have seen agrees that it is the American People who do not want Obamacare.

I'm undecided on where I stand regarding the Republican gamesmanship. Both parties do it routinely. Hard to throw stones when they all live in glass houses. Oddly, it doesn't seem to dissuade any of them.

The real problem in my eyes is this: nobody is leading us toward a solution. Nobody is even discussing a balanced budget. For that matter, nobody is discussing passing a budget. They are only talking about passing stop-gap measures and borrowing more money. I'm against both. But I seem to a terribly small minority who thinks we should have a balanced budget and live within our means.

I agree. Polls show that majority are not kosher with Obamacare. BUT....polls also show that even those who are against Obamacare agree that it is not worth a government shutdown over; or this is not the way to go about over turning the law. Hell, I don't even know if I'm 100% kosher with ACA, but I am 110% sure that I believe you don't shut down the government over something like this. Any side of the isle can't, because what is stopping any side from doing this in the future if it sets a president for it now?
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

davjohns

Pre Obamacare we paid for medical services for the uninsured through higher medical prices. Now that we are subsidizing paying for insurance premiums and the medical services we pay even higher prices. Not even considering the raise in medical servicing costs to treat many of these newbie who have multiple chronic illnesses.

What not to hate. It would be better to continue servicing the uninsured at the emergency ward without having to fund their insurance premium to get the same service.

>I'll quickly point out that every poll I have seen agrees that it is the American People
>who do not want Obamacare.

Most recent ORC poll:

43% like Obamacare as it is
35% oppose it because it goes too far
16% oppose it because it doesn't go far enough

Take the people who support Obamacare _and_ the people who want more of it and you are at 59%.

From Forbes, 9/30/2013:
=================
A new survey of 1,976 registered voters finds that only 33 percent believe that the health law should be repealed, delayed, or defunded. 29 percent believe that “Congress should make changes to improve the law,” 26 percent believe that “Congress should let the law take effect” and see what happens, and 12 percent believe that the law should be expanded. The bottom line? Voters are skeptical that Obamacare will live up to Democrats’ hype. But they also believe that it should be given a chance to succeed.
=================

Back on topic.

http://www.wtop.com/959/3479186/Crowd-storms-World-War-II-Memorial

Crowd storms World War II Memorial

WASHINGTON - Thousands of people converged on the World War II Memorial on the National Mall on Sunday morning and tore down the barricades blocking it off, protesting the closure of the memorial during the federal government shutdown.

Beginning at about 9:30 a.m., Sens. Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Ted Cruz, R-Texas, as well as former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, were among the luminaries in a crowd that chanted "Tear down these walls!" and sang "God Bless America" as well as other patriotic songs as they entered the memorial, which has been closed since the government shutdown that began Oct. 1.

Tractor-trailers headed down 17th Street toward the Mall, blaring their horns. The Metropolitan Police Department blocked off the street, prompting the crowd to head up the street, shouting at the police to move their vehicles.

Palin said that closing the memorials was disgraceful, and that President Obama "could be here today, saying 'Yes, we can tear down these barricades."

Cruz said that President Obama was using veterans as political pawns in the shutdown. Lee shouted, "The sons and daughters of the United States of America are meant to live in liberty."

By 11 a.m., the group had headed back to the memorial, and dozens congregated around World War II veterans, shaking their hands and thanking them for their service.

Later in the morning, veteran Mike Lauriente was accepting handshakes from demonstrators. He served in Sicily and French Morocco, and declared the memorial, which he was seeing for the first time, beautiful. "The spirit that I see here is overwhelming."

Here's some more American Citizens, exercising their right to peacefully assemble, for you to denigrate.

Gravitymaster

Here's some more American Citizens, exercising their right to peacefully assemble, for you to denigrate.

Do I have the right to peacefully assemble in your backyard? Of course not.

These monuments are not open public space. Like the rest of the government, they are closed for business. Is it stupid? Of course. Alcatraz is a money printing machine - it's closed too. Each side is doing their gamesmanship around what this closure means, while mostly ignoring the danger coming this week with debt payments.

I think I'd respect those GOP warriors a bit more if they broke into the VA and started reviewing pending applications by veterans for needed benefits. But they're much better at symbolic posturing than actual governing.

>Beginning at about 9:30 a.m., Sens. Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Ted Cruz, R-Texas, as well
>as former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, were among the luminaries in a crowd that chanted
>"Tear down these walls!"

Tear Down These Walls! that we built but TEAR THEM DOWN AND BLAME OBAMA! Please! And whatever you do, don't make us do our jobs!