turtlespeed

US Capitol Bldg: Shots Fired

normiss

Took long enough.

Wait, that should be illegal.
Wait! :):):)

First response from text . . ."Well, I guess someone was upset about the Shut Down":D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Outside the Capitol building - There are injured

CNN

CNN and the main stream media is hoping and praying that the shooter is a Tea Party member that listens to right wing talk radio

If the person is from the left, the story will go away yet today
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Darius11

i am just hoping like i always do that his name is not Ali or Mohammad.

Even if it is, it is more than likely this person has mental issues
(no, I dont know yet but a good bet would be this)

So we would be talking about a person with problems

not a political party or religion
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Seems like it was a woman with a baby in the car as well. Apparently the shots were following a car chase which resulted from her trying to bust a gate near the white house with her car.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

linebckr83

Seems like it was a woman with a baby in the car as well. Apparently the shots were following a car chase which resulted from her trying to bust a gate near the white house with her car.

Evidently she needed killing too.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

normiss

Took long enough.

You are right! They absolutely need to pass laws that make it illegal to carry concealed and more laws that make it illegal to open carry too.

turtlespeed

***Took long enough.

You are right! They absolutely need to pass laws that make it illegal to carry concealed and more laws that make it illegal to open carry too. It's either everybody carries open, or everybody goes naked. No surprises..
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

futuredivot

The White House, much like my house, is protected by a fair amount of firepower. Attacking either is the height of stupidity.

Did you make that call yet?:D

:D:D:D:DI want some of those pop up barricades installed on the street in front of my house - I want a timer and I want to set it to "Random."

Iago

The driver has been pronounced dead.

Another citizen in a bad situation gunned down unarmed.

And again the police need to go to nonlethals as a primary.

The child she was trying to protect is fine.

The 'injured' officer that was in the car that was backed into is also fine.

You have all the facts huh?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thats funny.

Or were you in the car?:o

Iago

Oh Im pretty sure they're going to try and bury as many facts as they can on this one.

Why? The woman didn't have any weapons in the car, but the car itself is a pretty potent weapon. She rammed the cop cars at least once, and made it clear that she wasn't going to give up.

I don't agree with a lot of the "use of deadly force" decisions that the cops make, but in this case I don't have any real issues with it.

And the news is covering it pretty well (it's been on local TV evening news) including video of the car chase.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Iago

And she went rabbit because she had her kid in the back seat and the cops drew down on her.

The wrongful death suit on this one is going to be really interesting.

I don't have all the facts, just what I have seen on the news. There may be important parts of the story that I am missing (I'm not into the typical "I know you are but what am I?" arguments on here).

So I could be wrong.
But the cops didn't draw down on her until after she rammed the WH gate, right?
And they chased her around for a while, including her ramming a cop car, before they opened fire, right?

I don't see a wrongful death suit going anywhere on this one.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Iago

The driver has been pronounced dead.

Another citizen in a bad situation gunned down unarmed.

And again the police need to go to nonlethals as a primary.

The child she was trying to protect is fine.

The 'injured' officer that was in the car that was backed into is also fine.

So since she was unarmed (except for the car), the citizen that was shot had to have been shot by the police. Is that correct?

I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

wolfriverjoe

***Oh Im pretty sure they're going to try and bury as many facts as they can on this one.

Why? The woman didn't have any weapons in the car, but the car itself is a pretty potent weapon. She rammed the cop cars at least once, and made it clear that she wasn't going to give up.

I don't agree with a lot of the "use of deadly force" decisions that the cops make, but in this case I don't have any real issues with it.

And the news is covering it pretty well (it's been on local TV evening news) including video of the car chase.

The vaunted .44 Remington Magnum at the muzzle has something like 1,000 foot-pounds of energy per round.

My pickup truck at the speed limit is good for about 2,000,000,000 foot pounds of energy.

Getting hit by a Yugo can cancel your ticket without a problem. Automotive misbehavior has met the criteria for lethal force quite routinely.

BSBD,

Winsor

Cops are dumb. They stand around and point pistols at a driver they think they have cornered. Then the driver backs up and starts to leave the scene, and only then the cops start shooting wildly at a fleeing car. Dumb Dumb Dumb.

1. While the car was stopped and cornered. So they thought ---------

SHOoT the friggin tires, to disable the vehicle.

They might make good use of the new multimillion dollar practice city they just built to practice these types of problems. Cops didn't look too good on TV, Someone might have had a shotgun to shoot at tires.

Stop the vehicle.... hence you stop the perp.