markbdaniels

Pack of motorcyclists chase man in SUV, attack him on upper Manhattan street after fender bender

Arvoitus

Its a shame he didn't pit maneuver some of those a-holes, the only thing that would've made that video even more awesome would've been an eighteen wheeler plowing through those mongrels.

so you think that murder by truck would be a good thing:S:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Of course not...

The guys on bikes are cowards and only act that way in a pack. They do deserve to have their bikes taken away and serve time in jail, alone with Bubba!

They were guilty of harassment and possible assault. They don't deserve to keep their motorcycle endorsement either.

Just a bunch of bullies.
Dano

Irrespective of the the rights and wrongs of what happened ... There's nothing like using inflammatory words to enhance a story .."Pack" .... as opposed to "Some individuals ....."

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

agree, danornan.

"courage" is enhanced within the "anonymity" of a large group.. One stupid idea, can get well carried away and then once the ball is rolling, it's NOT easy to stop.

those 'boys',, need to receive "The Chazz Palminteri treatment " from A Bronx Tale....... where he responds to the rudeness and disrespect from a gang of bikers, who stop at his drinking establishment...
After he and his guys beat them with everything from beer bottles to baseball bats, He then goes outside, wastes their rides, , leaves bodies & bikes sprawled out,, all over the sidewalk...and proclaims...to his lieutenants
" Let Them Lie there.... LIKE the DOGS that they ARE " !!!

:o:|hahahahaha

Ok Ok... THAT too ( Chazzs' response) ,,, was waay over the top....and no better than the group misbehavior which prompted it.. [:/]
But I couldn't resist a chance to use that Dialogue..:SB|:P
"Da Dogs dat dey Are " !!! ( has to be spoken in a good Bronx accent )

;)

so you think that murder by truck would be a good thing

No, but homicide as a product of self-defense is another story.

I saw the video on the news last night. The pack of bikers was riding in an aggressive manner, and not obeying the rules of the road. One of them stopped short in front of the SUV and got rear ended. The guy in the SUV stopped as he should have, and the pack of bikers immediately got violent and started attacking the outside of the car.

With a small child in the car, and a large group of aggressive, non law-abiding citizens mobbing around the car upset over an event that was not even the drivers fault, the guy did the right thing (and the same exact thing I would have done). Gas pedal to the floor, and get the hell out of the there.

None of those bikers acted appropriately, both before and after the accident that sparked this incident. I ride, and have a general disdain for car drivers who don't seem to pay attention and put motorcyclists lives at risk, but in this case the bikers were in the wrong and deserved exactly what they got, and I hope the cops can use the video to ID a bunch of those bikers and bring charges against them.

Arvoitus

Its a shame he didn't pit maneuver some of those a-holes, the only thing that would've made that video even more awesome would've been an eighteen wheeler plowing through those mongrels.

As a rule of thumb, you cannot PIT/VTI an articulated vehicle. (one having a pivot in it) Think of trying to pit the trailer of a tractor-trailer or the trailer a truck is hauling. The area behind the pivot point may very well go over to the side, but the vehicle still moving forward would pull it right.

Also, trying to do it on a bike is very likely going to end up with you killing the rider.

ETA: I agree fully with Dave, hopefully they nail every single one of them. I would've done the exact same thing (get out of the situation the same way) call 911 and hope the blue lights get there before I have to escalate it further.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

To lazy to look up the video but I saw it too.

Coming from someone who rides a motorcycle. The thug biker wannabes caused the incident that started this. One of them cut in front of the guy in the SUV and then brake checked him and was rear ended. When the guy stopped they attacked him and he drove over a couple of bikes to get away.

Had it been me there would have been dead wannabe biker thugs strewn along a 4 mile stretch of the route. I'm too old to fight and I'm not taking an ass whipping if I have the option to run your ass over.

We have packs of thugs like this in Atlanta. A small group tried to surround me like that on I-75 coming through town one night. I pushed one off the road at an exit almost into a concrete divider at and exit and the others decided they didn't want to fuck with the old guy on the Harley. I'm not sure, the wind may have lifted my shirt and exposed my gun.:)

CSpenceFLY

I pushed one off the road at an exit almost into a concrete divider at and exit and the others decided they didn't want to fuck with the old guy on the Harley. I'm not sure, the wind may have lifted my shirt and exposed my gun.:)

I wanna ride with you!!! Do you ride along side Kawasaki's, or am I gonna get pushed into a concrete median?? :P
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

davelepka

I saw the video on the news last night. The pack of bikers was riding in an aggressive manner, and not obeying the rules of the road. One of them stopped short in front of the SUV and got rear ended. The guy in the SUV stopped as he should have, and the pack of bikers immediately got violent and started attacking the outside of the car.

With a small child in the car, and a large group of aggressive, non law-abiding citizens mobbing around the car upset over an event that was not even the drivers fault, the guy did the right thing (and the same exact thing I would have done). Gas pedal to the floor, and get the hell out of the there.

None of those bikers acted appropriately, both before and after the accident that sparked this incident. I ride, and have a general disdain for car drivers who don't seem to pay attention and put motorcyclists lives at risk, but in this case the bikers were in the wrong and deserved exactly what they got, and I hope the cops can use the video to ID a bunch of those bikers and bring charges against them.

nothing to add to this - this is exactly the take I had on it as well from the video shown so far

impressed by the bikers on this thread - was expecting unreasonable biker outrage and proved wrong

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

CSpenceFLY

To lazy to look up the video but I saw it too.

Coming from someone who rides a motorcycle. The thug biker wannabes caused the incident that started this. One of them cut in front of the guy in the SUV and then brake checked him and was rear ended. When the guy stopped they attacked him and he drove over a couple of bikes to get away.

Had it been me there would have been dead wannabe biker thugs strewn along a 4 mile stretch of the route. I'm too old to fight and I'm not taking an ass whipping if I have the option to run your ass over.

We have packs of thugs like this in Atlanta. A small group tried to surround me like that on I-75 coming through town one night. I pushed one off the road at an exit almost into a concrete divider at and exit and the others decided they didn't want to fuck with the old guy on the Harley. I'm not sure, the wind may have lifted my shirt and exposed my gun.:)

question: WTF does their financial status have to do with anything?

PICTURED: Wealthy couple attacked by wild pack of motorcyclists . . .

Would the result be any different if they were on welfare?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

davelepka

No, but homicide as a product of self-defense is another story.

+1

A couple months ago I was coming down from the mtns via Boulder Canyon, in heavy traffic on my bike. We were cruising along with the cars at ~45mph, and since this a very twisty road, single lane in both directions, with lots of blind curves, were weren't even considering trying to pass anyone.

Suddenly we were overtaken by a couple dozen assholes-on-bikes, weaving in and out of both lanes, passing cars on blind curves, and passing me in my lane, both on my left and my right.:S

IMO, it's too bad that SUV didn't bag more of the imbeciles.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I wonder why the biker pulled in front of the SUV and hit the brakes??

The biker would have known this would almost certainly result in getting rear-ended. I personally have only ever used this tactic (in a car) when an aggressive driver behind me kept riding my ass (despite me pulling way over to the side to allow him to overtake). Note: I would not do this now, because I've heard/witnesses too many stories of road rage... :S

So again... Why would the biker deliberately get hit??? That is my question. No video before this act, unfortunately... So hard to say for sure what the "whole story" is... [:/]

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Nataly

I wonder why the biker pulled in front of the SUV and hit the brakes??

The biker would have known this would almost certainly result in getting rear-ended. I personally have only ever used this tactic (in a car) when an aggressive driver behind me kept riding my ass (despite me pulling way over to the side to allow him to overtake). Note: I would not do this now, because I've heard/witnesses too many stories of road rage... :S

So again... Why would the biker deliberately get hit??? That is my question. No video before this act, unfortunately... So hard to say for sure what the "whole story" is... [:/]

I have read in another article that the guy in the Landrover had called the cops on the bikers because they were all over the road and slowing down all the other cars whiles they did tricks and doghnut burnouts. Victim made the mistake of yelling at them and telling them he was on his ceel with PD. That led to the wolfpack and stopping him. After the idiot brake checks him and the landrover clipps the rear of the bike, the victim stops and the bikers started slammimg there helmets into his LR and actually slash one of his tires. It was then that the victim decided to four wheel over a couple of the barricading bikes. Biggest mistake victim made was exiting... should have stayed on the freeway and waited for PD support.
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson

turtlespeed

question: WTF does their financial status have to do with anything?

PICTURED: Wealthy couple attacked by wild pack of motorcyclists . . .

Would the result be any different if they were on welfare?

just as much had the title been "Racist mob terrorizes minority family"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The motorcyclists were driving aggressively. When they stopped the SUV one motorcyclist started bashing the side of the SUV with his helmet and from reports, two motorcyclists slashed the tires of the SUV.

If I were in the same situation, I'd have gunned it also. And any of the aggressive motorcyclists that were in the way.... I'd have run them over in a second. I would then tell my wife to call 911, and I would draw my pistol from my holster. As I was trying to evade, if a bike got in my way and tried to slow me down, I'd mow the blocker over as well.

If they managed to stop me before the police showed up, the first guy to reach in the vehicle would get shot. And every other person reaching into the vehicle would also get shot.

The SUV tried to get away, the motorcyclists CHASED THEM DOWN. Regardless of how this started, the SUV tried to get away from the conflict and the motorcycle group would not let them and were attacking the SUV at every opportunity.

There are a couple photos apparently taken at the final scene from above the street.
Note that the Land Rover is running on just a bare rim on the right front wheel.
(Click on the photos to get full size image.)

http://nypost.com/2013/10/01/cops-bust-bike-thug/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

DaVinci

The motorcyclists were driving aggressively. When they stopped the SUV one motorcyclist started bashing the side of the SUV with his helmet and from reports, two motorcyclists slashed the tires of the SUV.

If I were in the same situation, I'd have gunned it also. And any of the aggressive motorcyclists that were in the way.... I'd have run them over in a second. I would then tell my wife to call 911, and I would draw my pistol from my holster. As I was trying to evade, if a bike got in my way and tried to slow me down, I'd mow the blocker over as well.

If they managed to stop me before the police showed up, the first guy to reach in the vehicle would get shot. And every other person reaching into the vehicle would also get shot.

The SUV tried to get away, the motorcyclists CHASED THEM DOWN. Regardless of how this started, the SUV tried to get away from the conflict and the motorcycle group would not let them and were attacking the SUV at every opportunity.

Somehow there is going to be a vindication of the motorcyclists, from a certain Golden Nugget;), even though they "Chased Them Down".
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

ryoder

There are a couple photos apparently taken at the final scene from above the street.
Note that the Land Rover is running on just a bare rim on the right front wheel.

This is definitely a Stupid F***er moment.

ryoder

I just noticed something else:
The biker who took the video, is in the still photos, sitting on a dual-purpose bike, near the trunk of the silver car at the right, in the stills. You can see a GoPro attached to the right side of his helmet. This makes it clear that the video was edited to remove the end, since the stills were obviously taken *after* the end of the posted video, but he is till there with the camera aimed at the scene.

turtlespeed

Somehow there is going to be a vindication of the motorcyclists, from a certain Golden Nugget;), even though they "Chased Them Down".

countdown from the White House to get involved - it should be a pretty pointless, yet firmly delivered speech while the US Attorney works illegal stuff in the background.....not sure which side he'll pander to either, the PC mix here is really all over the place.

I'm ignorant, of course, I can't see a PC favorable solution, I just see a mob of assholes vs a very threatened family.