regulator

Its a good thing people dont go apeshit crazy in california

Nobody wants to take away your cars, but clearly we bed to close the loopholes. We need common sense car control. For the children.
First, no cars that contain more than one gallon of gas. Next, no car can go faster than ten miles an hour. Next, no can can be bigger than two refrigerator boxes. Finally, no red or black cars; they go to fast and look scary. We need to regulate car dealers and close them down when the mess up paperwork or sell to out of state buyers. And obviously we need I stop all person to person sales.
Oh, don't complain about your rights. You don't need these things. You can still buy and use cars.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Kennedy

Nobody wants to take away your cars, but clearly we bed to close the loopholes. We need common sense car control. For the children.
First, no cars that contain more than one gallon of gas. Next, no car can go faster than ten miles an hour. Next, no can can be bigger than two refrigerator boxes. Finally, no red or black cars; they go to fast and look scary. We need to regulate car dealers and close them down when the mess up paperwork or sell to out of state buyers. And obviously we need I stop all person to person sales.
Oh, don't complain about your rights. You don't need these things. You can still buy and use cars.

No one seems to get too worked up when they need to get a background check, show they know how to operate one, and show they will be financially responsible before being licensed at the DMV to own and operate a car.

jclalor

***Nobody wants to take away your cars, but clearly we bed to close the loopholes. We need common sense car control. For the children.

No one seems to get too worked up when they need to get a background check, show they know how to operate one, and show they will be financially responsible before being licensed at the DMV to own and operate a car.

Actually, you don't need any of those things to own or possess a car. Ask anyone that owns a collectible that is not driven on public roads, or registered or insured. Precisely what background check are you talking about? Do you really think an operators license shows anyone knows how to drive? All the things you mentioned are for using cars on public roads. Tell you what, when I'm using government ammo on a government range, your requirements would fit.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

regulator

Oh wait. Nevermind.
Look it didn't involve a gun and yet people died anyway.
How is this possible?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d7e_1375601605

Ridiculous and false equivalency.

1 dead, 11 injured. Yes, crazy people shouldn't have access, but can you imagine the same individual's potential for destruction if armed with an AR-15 and some 30 round magazines?

Further, the destruction by this individual was restricted by his choice of weapon. For instance, he wasn't able to take it into an enclosed location with limited egress potential for intended victims.

Compare the death total in this case with, for instance, the "Batman" theater incident.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Is it possible that people are just apeshit old/slow/not with it/etc/etc? Seems like the last time this happened, as mentioned in the article, it was an elderly man.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

quade

***Oh wait. Nevermind.
How is this possible?

1 dead, 11 injured. Yes, crazy people shouldn't have access, but can you imagine the same individual's potential for destruction if armed with an AR-15 and some 30 round magazines?

Further, the destruction by this individual was restricted by his choice of weapon. For instance, he wasn't able to take it into an enclosed location with limited egress potential for intended victims.

Compare the death total in this case with, for instance, the "Batman" theater incident.

He just didn't plan it out. He could have easily taken out dozens of those diners.

A car is no less deadly a weapon than a gun.

eta: don't blame the weapon, blame the person.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Weapons of choice matter.

A person can't really argue both, that they don't matter and the 2nd Amendment is an absolute, and not be some sort of hypocrite.

It just doesn't make logical sense.
quade -

quade

Weapons of choice matter.

A person can't really argue both, that they don't matter and the 2nd Amendment is an absolute, and not be some sort of hypocrite.

It just doesn't make logical sense.

If you refuse to see the logic of it, we can't help you.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

quade

So, let me get this straight . . . you believe a car and a gun are equivalent weapons?

I believe that you can use them both to kill and injure people.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

quade

The doesn't mean one equates to another.

This thread starts would with that false equivalency as a premise. It's silly.

It was ment as rhetoric, I am sure. Sorry you missed it.:S

Ah rhetoric . . . bitching just for the sake of it and any response is not required nor welcome because, well, it's just rhetoric and so the person can make any stupid joke they want to because it's really meaningless to begin with.

Got it. At least that appears to be your definition.

Differs somewhat from Aristotle, but don't let that stop you.
quade -

quade

***Oh wait. Nevermind.
How is this possible?

there have been quite a few "mass plowings" with cars, and not just old people. Just a few years ago we had such a person in SF who successfully targeted numerous pedestrians after shooting someone in Fremont. Oddly, he switched to using the car after that. More recently another targeted cyclists.

The rager cager doesn't not work in very dense populations - unless you're using a tow truck, the mass of the bodies would stop up the car. But it works well on a couple people at a time, and even allows for possibility of getaway.

It's also a suggestion of an obvious substitution in the somewhat unlikely outcome of reduced access to firearms.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Lyra,

it was an elderly man.

The evening news said he was in custody and was 38 yrs old.

Just how young are you?

:P

JerryBaumchen

I didn't know who or how old the person was in this incident, so just saying that it could be the case of an elderly person again. 38? I guess not so much!
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)