kallend

Irresponsible parents of the week

At any rate, anyone who thinks violence is an acceptable means of disciplining children is complicit with child abusers. Anyone who does it is a child abuser.

What a load of bullshit. I was disciplined many ways as a kid. Grounding, timeouts, not getting something, and when I did something really bad I got my ass whipped. My parents are far from child abusers or violent people in any way. When I got the belt I knew I better not fucking do that again. That's discipline, not battery. :S

Congratulations, your star children got lucky and didn't need that sort of discipline. When I was a kid I liked to push the envelope and that's how I learned what not to do. Raise your kids how you want and let other parents do the same.

Corporal punishment is the refuge of stupid, unimaginative people.
Parents who batter their children should go to jail.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

As far as I know, he's a successful, happy individual, who has successfully raised children to adulthood. And he's still skydiving. I have a feeling that's success in the parenting and human being field.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

At any rate, anyone who thinks violence is an acceptable means of disciplining children is complicit with child abusers. Anyone who does it is a child abuser.

What a load of bullshit. I was disciplined many ways as a kid. Grounding, timeouts, not getting something, and when I did something really bad I got my ass whipped. My parents are far from child abusers or violent people in any way. When I got the belt I knew I better not fucking do that again. That's discipline, not battery. :S

Congratulations, your star children got lucky and didn't need that sort of discipline. When I was a kid I liked to push the envelope and that's how I learned what not to do. Raise your kids how you want and let other parents do the same.

Corporal punishment is the refuge of stupid, unimaginative people.
Parents who batter their children should go to jail.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Battered ribs, anyone?

And I overcame some major obstacles in life and if it wasnt for my parents helping me out I would have been dead a long time ago. I am personally offended he wants to stick my parents in the same boat as child beaters.

Edit to add: and as a victim of multiple sexual abuse incidents I think I know the fucking difference between a child beater or someone that abuses children and someone giving a spanking. Its a ludicrous argument.

I'll repost this part since you probably didnt see it

Edit to add: and as a victim of multiple sexual abuse incidents I think I know the fucking difference between a child beater or someone that abuses children and someone giving a spanking. Its a ludicrous argument.

But by all means keep calling them child beaters if that makes you sleep better at night.

Who defines offensive contact? I doubt you are the defining individual so there was no reason to include it. Spanking is not offensive to me. It is to you. Luckily you won't raise my kids and I didn't raise yours.

I was slapped once. When I was 17 and had a shitty attitude and said some things to my mother that weren't very respectful. Guess how many times I've done that since then? I've seen the same thing happen in front of cops and they couldn't care less. So what's the law on that?

Apparently you got lucky and your kids listened to every word you ever said. That's not the norm for kids. So tell me this, what if they just refuse to do what you say? What do you do then? Everyday I see parents tell their kids to stop doing something, they keep doing it, and the parent gives up. What does that teach the kid besides the fact they can do whatever they want?
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

One who washes windows is a window washer.
One who catches dogs is a dog catcher.
One who rigs parachutes is, amazingly enough, a parachute rigger.

Now's here's a riddle: what is one who has beaten children?

The root of your problem is that you believe a spanking is "battery of a child." If it was battery, I wouldn't have cried for 2 minutes then ran to my room to pout before falling asleep. Are you overly dramatic on everything you argue about?
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

>Perhaps you parents should have used corporal punishment on you a little more.

Your one warning. I have zero tolerance for using someone's family to slam them.

On that note, if Regulator did that, then he's one of at least 3 of us who might have done so, including myself; one of my posts to him may have brushed that line. If it did, then, to Regulator, I apologize.

Yeah, but you fuck one goat...

LOL, here's the version I heard:

You build 100 bridges & they don't call you a bridge builder.
You help 100 people & they don't call you a people-helper...

....but you suck one lousy cock...

It's probably my favorite joke of all time. I set it in a bar and use a thick Irish accent. "See this bar, I carved it with me own two hands. But do they call me Seamus the bar-carver? No, laddie, they don't!"

- Dan G

Stupid stupid stupid. Poor little sod has to live with that for the rest of his sorry life.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Actually it is a great gift for a child. The problem isn't telling the child it's theirs. The problem is fuckwit parents who (A) clearly failed to instill respect or rules concerning the rifle (B) left it lying around unsecured (C) left ammunition not only available, but in the rifle and (D) left the child unsupervised.

Some states have a child access law. North Carolina does - see 14-315. Texas does. I'm not sure about Kentucky. Here is a summary, though uncited.

This. I'm fine with buying a 5 year old their own .22. I'm not fine with storing it loaded, nor should the child have unsupervised access to it.

Blues,
Dave

I agree. Train the kid properly on how to use it and store it, but still keep the kid supervised and the gun out of reach when not.

I'm reminded of the little girl who's become a crack shot with firearms... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f8VmJRuBFY

Katelyn is little but she is actually 13 years old. She's had firearm safety drilled into her since she was five and didn't get her first rifle until she was 9. Depends on the child but personally I think those ages are about right although I'll be starting with the safety rules with my daughter a little younger I suspect. As for first gun 9 or 10 sounds reasonable, fully supervised and weapon locked in the vault out of reach at all other times, ammo locked separately.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Yeah, but you fuck one goat...

LOL, here's the version I heard:

I've told it enough times that all I need to say around friends now is "You can build 100 bridges"
Remster

Hi Kennedy,

Stupid is less likely to reproduce and create more stupidity.

To the best of my understanding, Darwin did not take in consideration stupidity when he made his conclusions.

IMO Stupid people are more likely to reproduce and create more stupidity.

JerryBaumchen

the one i got for my son is a .22/.410 combo. not only is it stored in his mom's room with the ammo locked up separately, it has a key that goes with it on the hammer. he has had firearms safety training by me, like i used to do in the military. one time, back when i had to cock it for him, after i handed it back to him, as he turned to ask me a question, the barrel pointed toward my head. it was loaded and cocked, but luckily he was trained enough not to have his finger on the trigger. i snapped back into military mode and as i snatched it out of his hands, i almost butt stroked him in the head with it from instinct. i stopped myself about 2 inches from his forehead. gun safety is no joke, and kids need to be constantly supervised around them at all times.
http://kitswv.com

Hi Andy,

Yup, that is the story that my late brother-in-law used to tell.

Now here is one solution: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/26/catherine-kieu-cut-off-penis_n_3164188.html

B|

JerryBaumchen

Andy is 100% correct.

The only thing my smacking me taught me was to always be just outside his arm's length.

It teaches you to fear your parents and not respect them.
Battery is not discipline.

My 3 daughters have never been touched n anger. They STILL come to me with honesty and respect.

i snapped back into military mode and as i snatched it out of his hands, i almost butt stroked him in the head with it from instinct. i stopped myself about 2 inches from his forehead.

you're kinda like Chuck Norris aren't you? :P

IMHO - the story is better without the italics part. It'll keep the 'anti' types from type casting you.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>Corporal punishment is the refuge of stupid, unimaginative people.

I view corporal punishment in a similar light to the way I view abortion.

It is, generally, the worst possible option, and is used far more than it should be (IMO). It is Bad with a capital B, and anyone who uses it as anything other than an absolute last resort is an idiot.

But in the end it is up to the parents.