steve1

Ammo Shortage

Does anyone know of a good source of ammo. I don't mind waiting a few weeks. I need some for the evil black gun that I bought recently. I dug around and found five rounds. I used those to sight it in with. Now I'm out. 223 rounds are about impossible to find.

Try this

ammoseek.com

A search engine just for ammo?:D

One of many

It is just the one I like

I have been following .223/5.56 every day just to see price trends
It is starting to come down with more available
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Here in Dallas I go by Academy Sports and different gun stores in the early morning to check and see if they have any in stock. 223 I can find more often then 9mm. The 223/5.56 is over priced but it's available. Academy isn't over priced but they will only sell one box per customer.

You can get them all day long here in Texas. Carter's Country has a bunch in stock. Collectors Fire Arm's cases available.

Hey, thanks for ducking out of your self-imposed banning to tell us that. ;)

So much for the conspiracy theorists.

Does anyone know of a good source of ammo. I don't mind waiting a few weeks. I need some for the evil black gun that I bought recently. I dug around and found five rounds. I used those to sight it in with. Now I'm out. 223 rounds are about impossible to find.

ammoman.com has Danish M855 in stock.

Only $600 per case of 750 delivered
http://www.ammoman.com/556x45-62-grain-danish-by-ama

Walmart is getting some shipments. You can sign up for email notification of when a truck arrives. 100 rd boxes of Federal .223 are about $37.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Ammo is still easy to get over here. But unfortunately we can't buy online like in the USA.

On another note, WHY? Why is Ammo so scarce in the USA these days?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Ammo is still easy to get over here. But unfortunately we can't buy online like in the USA.

On another note, WHY? Why is Ammo so scarce in the USA these days?

Ask the US Govt. They have like a billion plus rounds in storage. They're buying a large portion of the ammo from the manufacturers.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ok, tin foil hats off here, I believe you but why would they? Is this to price people away from firearms?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Ok, tin foil hats off here, I believe you but why would they? Is this to price people away from firearms?

No tin foil

1.6 billion to DHS alone

Hollow point ammo . Does not make any sense
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Nobody has a good answer (unless you put tin foil in your wardrobe rather than your pantry). DHS just started answering questions (originally posed weeks ago) as to why they put out the orders they did, and the answers just don't add up. Their ass-covering answers don't match the reality of training or their own history. They're lying, or at least actively hiding their true intentions; that much is without a doubt. What those true intentions are, I have no idea.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

DHS just started answering questions (originally posed weeks ago) as to why they put out the orders they did, and the answers just don't add up.

Why do a lot of people buy in larger bulk quantities rather than placing many smaller orders?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

"People" and businesses do it to get a bulk rate which saves money. It's pretty clear this government has no concerns or even a basic concept about saving money. So what the real motivation is remains unknown.

Nonsense.
quade -

You know what the motivation is? Do tell.

I dunno...maybe...because that's exactly what they said the reason was and it actually makes sense if you want to reduce government costs which is something people bitch about all the time?
quade -