skinnay

Dumb ass social conservatives

Ok dokay, Who told you that it was OK to tell other people to vote against what they believe. OK, it is OK to tell other people that you feel they are wrong, but IT IS NEVER WRONG TO VOTE YOUR BELIEFS!

THAT'S how this country works.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Your posts get more and more ridiculous by the day.

Keep Trollin' Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'
What?
Come on!
Yeah

Well it appears this is not outlawed in some countries and who knows, how men and women will progress...

[/url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoophilia[url]

Your posts get more and more ridiculous by the day.

What?
Come on!
Yeah

Well it appears this is not outlawed in some countries and who knows, how men and women will progress...

[/url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoophilia[url]

That's just stupid. You're not even trying anymore.

Ok dokay, Who told you that it was OK to tell other people to vote against what they believe. OK, it is OK to tell other people that you feel they are wrong, but IT IS NEVER WRONG TO VOTE YOUR BELIEFS!

I'll admit it takes a bit of sophistication to distinguish between one's personal beliefs and the best policy for making laws, but many people seem to manage it. There are a lot of things that people believe that I think are silly, and some that I think may be dangerous. Nevertheless, I would not vote for a law that would force those people to abandon their beliefs and adopt mine, because I can recognize the larger harm (loss of freedom) that would come from having the state impose my point of view on everybody else. So, for me at least, it is quite conceivable that I might vote against a law even if that law supported my beliefs.

Here's an example that has some similarity to the gay marriage issue. I believe that adultery is immoral. It is a behavior that I have never engaged in, and it would cause me to lose trust in and respect for someone if I found they were cheating on their spouse. Despite that, I do not believe adultery should be a crime.

Don

I'll admit it takes a bit of sophistication to distinguish between one's personal beliefs and the best policy for making laws, but many people seem to manage it. There are a lot of things that people believe that I think are silly, and some that I think may be dangerous. Nevertheless, I would not vote for a law that would force those people to abandon their beliefs and adopt mine, because I can recognize the larger harm (loss of freedom) that would come from having the state impose my point of view on everybody else. So, for me at least, it is quite conceivable that I might vote against a law even if that law supported my beliefs.

Here's an example that has some similarity to the gay marriage issue. I believe that adultery is immoral. It is a behavior that I have never engaged in, and it would cause me to lose trust in and respect for someone if I found they were cheating on their spouse. Despite that, I do not believe adultery should be a crime.

Don

Wow, that is the most polite way I've ever been called a hick.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Wow, that is the most polite way I've ever been called a hick.

I'm sorry if you got that out of what I wrote, as that was not what I intended. Do you agree or disagree with my argument that there can be a conflict between what is best overall (freedom to follow your own choice of beliefs) and passing (or voting for) laws that remove choice and force everyone to one belief system?

Don

I'm sorry but you could probably find a poll that shows a trend in people believing that the moon is made of cheese. Polls are manipulated to show what you want them to.

Do you consider yourself someone who is inquisitive about the world, or someone who prefers not to have their beliefs and views challenged?

Perhaps if someone showed you a burning bush that would convince you?

I’ve got to say what others are probably thinking.... SHENANIGANS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNxCvDYpmxE

Near a 1000 posts in three months without a single skydive. This is either a school project on the sociology of web forums or a bet between some college students (I’ll guess the attempt for listing a jump# from falling down was for an extra case of beer). The picture of the young girl as an avatar is a clever ploy; is this a friend that lives in the dorm?

For record keeping, all posts using hollow maxims count towards your total post numbers, but for fairness we must disallow all posts using only smiley emoticons without any text included.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

It comes down to the power and right to vote the way I believe and chose to just the same as you do,isn't that how our laws come about?

First, no it isn't. But if it was, the exact same justification could be used by people who would have voted to keep interracial marriage illegal, or keep slavery, or abolish due process.

When asked why you want to stop other people from living the way they want to, even though it doesn't affect you at all, 'because you can't stop me' really isn't a sufficient explanation.

(As an aside, the last two pages have really crystalised the difference between the people posting with thought and the people posting with emotion. Guess where the divide falls?)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Is it wrong if someone votes to re-segregate the schools?
Is it wrong if someone votes to require women to wear headscarves?

I happen to think that if your beliefs require other people to forfeit their rights, then yes it is wrong to vote for your beliefs. Some things shouldn't be subject to referendum. Civil and personal rights are one of them.

GeorgiaDon put it very nicely.
You aren't a hick, but please stop trying to force your beliefs on people who may not believe the way you do.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Don

If you believe Adultery should not be a crime then I suspect then you are against the institution of marrage? Adultery is in violation of the marriage contract.

So then don't get married if you want to have sex with multiple sex partners.

This is where marriage between bisexuals gets tricky. Where does adultery come in to play, or perhaps as things might progress, there will be marriage between multiple sex partners appealing to those who want rights associated with being married to multiple people. What will be the limits of what society will accept?

The fact is folks, once you stray from marriage between a man and a women a whole host of new issues evolve.

If you believe Adultery should not be a crime then I suspect then you are against the institution of marrage? Adultery is in violation of the marriage contract.

Do you believe that every action that is less than noble should be a crime? What is the benefit to society to prosecute and imprison every person who strays from their marriage vows? Adultery is a civil matter, not a crime; it is a violation of a contract, and in the legal sense it is best treated as a contract matter in divorce proceedings, should the couple decide to divorce over the matter.

For that matter, do you believe divorce should be legal? If so, you obviously are against the institution of marriage.

The fact is folks, once you stray from marriage between a man and a women a whole host of new issues evolve.

Whatever. You mean, like human/troll marriage? Those cross-species pairings open the door to all kinds of crazy shit, and so they absolutely should be banned.

Don

Wow, that's not me?? well dang I would like to know who it really is?? No I haven't made my tandem or tandems yet, but I covered why in other threads. Next thing its going to be I'm wearing a turtleneck because I'm a guy again. UGH
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

I was born in '56.
Growing up in 60's & 70's in the north midwest, was still quite controversial & discriminatory.
I don't ever remember a check off box "human", nor "write in" ability on any form, questionaire or document during those times.
Anglo Saxon was the ethnic choice for White, along with the limited Asian, American Indian, or Negro.
Proper entitlement of proclaiming rightful ethnicity has evolved dramatically since, but never have I seen the ability to proclaim 'human" & leave it at that in any official document :S
You have contacted me personally, giving me your geographical & family history none of which is consistant with some of the content you've posted in this thread.
Sorry, but I've got to say, I've questioned it for awhile, but now too am thinking either you are a 'project' or have some other agenda :|

never have I seen the ability to proclaim 'human" & leave it at that in any official document :S

recently you can select "decline to answer" - which I think is a great statement if we honestly feel that cosmetics don't matter for anything of substance

that's as close as I've ever seen to just selecting 'human' - and it's the same intent unless one is just being a creep and arguing it for argument's sake - or for those that select it out of paranoia

edit: or, in shorthand - :|:D:ph34r:[:/][:/][:/]>:([:/]:S:):P;)., $,,,:$>:(:$>:(:$>:(:S

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It comes down to the power and right to vote the way I believe and chose to just the same as you do,isn't that how our laws come about? You have a right to be offended I'm not saying you don't and I have a right to be offended.

No. That isn't how our government works. We aren't a democracy. We are a republic.

And the constitution was specifically written to prevent the majority from running roughshod over the minorities. It hasn't always worked out that way, but that's what's supposed to happen.

Again, who told you it was ok to deny other people the same rights that you have?

You seem to be hung up on a complete lack of racial identification (human isn't a race, it's a species). And I really, really doubt that your GPs told the Mississippi clerk of courts that their race was "human." You already stated that your brother (?) had to go well up the chain of command at college to put that on his application. I don't think that a county official would have done anything but deny the application if it wasn't filled out correctly.

But, as of late, the minorities have been doing the roughshold running around here

These minorities are looking for special rights

There is a case still going on about school admissions based on race. Do you think any race should get a leg up?

Goes for eveything else

It is those who think as you do who use the very argument you put forth here (mostly emotional argument) to try and get special treatment for those on your agenda

Period
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Keep hanging tought girl

You have no idea how many here agree with you

And it is more than a few
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

But, as of late, the minorities have been doing the roughshold running around here

These minorities are looking for special rights

Damn them!

White Christians beware. You know there's a War on Easter, don't you? Pretty soon all the Easter bunnies will be jungle bunnies.