BillyVance

New Pope has been chosen

Lutherans don't believe in indulgences

I was raised Lutheran, and I certainly indulge in chocolate :)
Wendy P.

Everything I know about Lutherans was learned from Garrison Keillor.:|

I fucking hated the Lutheran school I went to from 4th to 6th grade. The teachers were assholes and the jock kids were even bigger assholes. :|

No matter where you went to school, all football players were assholes. So why do so many people watch NFL?

Lot of white smoke coming outta the chimney. Must have all of them lighting up the bongs. :D

Why light up a bong when they could enjoy some Dom Perignon...after all, Dom Perignon was a Catholic Monk. OBTW, Catholic Priests and Monks did not discover beer or wine but developed a lot of methods to improve distillation and fermentation. Next time we all take a tug on that ice cold beer after the green light goes on at the end of jump day, take a second just a second to thank that no name Catholic that helped make the taste of that beer oh so good!

Truly, truly folks, I had a good time and some good laughs and honestly take no offense reading these posts. Sounds like no one really cares or gives a proverbial rip. If that's the case, why did this subject even make this forum?

Something tells me deep down y'all REALLY respect this guy, Pope Francis I. Good choice, this new Pope is one courageous guy with a pair of brass ones, albeit humble and quiet. I think you're going to be impressed with him and I can assure you, he'll pray for you, just ask him!

Best wishes for a happy and enjoyable jump season!

- A Catholic

There's hope yet for you, now you just need to backslide a little to Lutheran and then convert to Baptist. Don't worry you'll make it. :P

Looking forward to you all getting it right and attending worship at the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Now is that a southern, northern or independent denomination??
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Or one could go with...human...works for you on census reports!;) Why the need to pigeon hole?:)

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

>Why light up a bong when they could enjoy some Dom Perignon...after all, Dom
>Perignon was a Catholic Monk.

Don't forget Belgian beers! Trappist abbeys still run some of the most famous breweries on the planet.

Useless fact of the day:

Belgian monks used to fast 40 days during Lent, during which time the most strict of the orders could not eat. They also had a directive to be self sufficient, and some of them would do that by growing grain, malting it and brewing beer. They'd put these two things together and make tripels (and even quadrupels) with so much grain that they'd be sweet, high calorie beers that would get them through their fast without "eating" anything.

just something that crossed my mind. Does the country the New Pope comes from get any kind of perks? I mean hey they could throw some cash their way at least. The parishioners that were his should at least get some kind of refund for supporting him all those years. Give them something.
Believe me I tried.

just something that crossed my mind. Does the country the New Pope comes from get any kind of perks?

I'm not sold on New Pope.:|
I still prefer Pope Classic.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

just something that crossed my mind. Does the country the New Pope comes from get any kind of perks?

I'm not sold on New Pope.:|
I still prefer Pope Classic.:P

Diet Cherry Pope use to be my favorite.:D:D:D:D Holy Crap I had to edit that!!!
Believe me I tried.

Oooops! Your FSM may be no more. I had six friends over for dinner last night. Dinner was a big pot of spaghetti, hot French bread with butter and garlic, some Carlo Rossi Red. But I think the FSM paid the ultimate sacrifice...delicious!!! Take comfort, we all gave our thanks to the One who is the very essence of what it is "to be," the One who is.

>Why light up a bong when they could enjoy some Dom Perignon...after all, Dom
>Perignon was a Catholic Monk.

Don't forget Belgian beers! Trappist abbeys still run some of the most famous breweries on the planet.

Useless fact of the day:

Belgian monks used to fast 40 days during Lent, during which time the most strict of the orders could not eat. They also had a directive to be self sufficient, and some of them would do that by growing grain, malting it and brewing beer. They'd put these two things together and make tripels (and even quadrupels) with so much grain that they'd be sweet, high calorie beers that would get them through their fast without "eating" anything.

I've had a few of those beers. Gooooooood stuff.... B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban