Skyrad

Americans ready to go to war with America

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of gun owners in the US are against all violence.

Everyone judges themselves by their intentions but everyone else will judge you by your actions.

You always focus just on the gun violence,yet most violence in the US is committed without guns.

that depends on your definition of violence

It is true guns are easy to use,which is why they are good for weaker and more vulnerable people for use in self defense,but a club,axe, or big knife,or 6 pairs of hands and feet, is just as effective at inflicting severe damage to the body.

Hard to believe that as many people would die in violent acts if there were no guns to make it so easy. Do other countries with fewer guns or more restrictive gun laws make up the difference in murder rates with axes knives etc? I think not.

What do you think would do more damage to your head,a hand gun bullet,or a well swung 10 pound splitting maul or sledge hammer.
How about an 8 inch blade hanging out of your chest compared to a 9mm round.

How about nuclear and chemical weapons up yer bum? all 'supposes' that have little or no meaning. everyone can dream up scenarios that do not really happen. I like to deal with the facts - like the fact that our gun violence tops the civilized world pretty much

Guns are equalizers as far as weapons go.

Thank you for making my point. Americans are OK with gun violence - that is exactly what I said.

Once again,I know you are a good human being and you truly want to end violence,but guns do not create violence,living things do,and mainly people.

I don't want to end violence - it's not actually realistic (there I am; being realistic). But I like to fix problems where they can be fixed. The US has a gun problem and a violence problem. guns make the violence easy.

There are actual solutions.

And there are real deniers that say nothing can be done - hence my statement that Americans will continue the same behavior with an 'oh well' attitude. You pretty much confirmed it in your response.

Ha ha, if you think that the Obama Gov is on a par with the Mubarak & Assad regimes you're either having a laugh or deluded.

Maybe you should look up some stuff about Egypt before the arab spring. It was pretty much seen as a huge success story. As was sarajevo when it held the olympics, before civil war broke out...

The ancient brits probably thought they had it pretty good before the romans or the vikings showed up.

Doesn't take much to push any country into a crisis, and then you should be prepared.

I don't need to look up some 'stuff' I've first hand experience you should try it some time works wonders.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

man, where have you been getting your information? of course splitting mauls and knives are more common than chemical weapons. and yes, they exist and cause more harm than guns, at least in wv where i live. car crashes are the biggest, and i believe, in the us as well. and they let 16 year old kids do that.

i would be on the side of the people as well. you see, i am a veteran, and i took an oath. an oath to protect and defend the constitution of the united states. i'm not in any more, but that doesn't release me from my word. so yes, let someone come and try to take mine. a mosin-nagant 91/30 is a nice shot out to at least 1000 metres, maybe 500 without a scope, and i have a bayonet for each of them.

and i read the links, it says that one guy is training snipers, most of the protests they talk about don't go that far. but if they do, talk about fighting in vietnam getting bad. i've got some pretty good military training and i've also watched hogan's heroes. i don't consider that being nuts, and it's a pretty cool thing to hand down to later generations. and if they do need it, that's not the time to say, "damn, i wish i'd listened to that crazy fucker."
http://kitswv.com

so yes, let someone come and try to take mine. a mosin-nagant 91/30 is a nice shot out to at least 1000 metres, maybe 500 without a scope, and i have a bayonet for each of them.

Yet another one confirms my statement that Americans are OK with gun violence.

thanks for making my point. But other than that, your post appears to be mostly an incoherent rant. perhaps you could demonstrate some stats hat show that maul axes cause more harm than gun where you live, instead of just stating it as so.

Ok, quick disclaimer, this was on RT so is hardly unbiased. That said there looks like there are some serious fruitloops out there. Anyone here ready to ambush US LEOs and/or Army within the USA?

Well first off, I thought the protest day was a couple weeks ago.
It made the news here too.

Most of the poeple out protesting were doing so peacefully, their only agenda being to show the politicians that there are a lot of gun owners who care about their rights.

Of course there are going to be "fruitloops", nutters and wannabes who are going to make stupid comments to the press.
There may very well have been a few anti-gunners in the mix saying stupid, extreme crap as sort of an "agent provacateur."
Remember JohnRich's sockpuppet "Carpediem3" making all the anti-gun statements?

In short, it was a few idiots making outrageous statements that got reported over and over by the media in an attempt to portray all gun owners as that type.

I'm not too worried about an armed insurrection any time soon.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Hard to believe that as many people would die in violent acts if there were no guns to make it so easy. Do other countries with fewer guns or more restrictive gun laws make up the difference in murder rates with axes knives etc? I think not.

No.
They illegally import or make weapons because they're criminals.

Guns are effectively illegal in Jamaica (in theory licenses are available, although the annual $3000 fee is most of the average annual income). The 1974 handgun ban came with mandatory life sentences for illegal possession, warrantless searches, and secret trials.

The murder rate skyrocketed to 60/100,000 at the time of the ban although it's since returned to the pre-ban 40/100,000 rate, 75% involving guns.

What do you think would do more damage to your head,a hand gun bullet,or a well swung 10 pound splitting maul or sledge hammer.
How about an 8 inch blade hanging out of your chest compared to a 9mm round.

How about a 3500 pound car? Car drivers kill 5000 pedestrians every year with their suburban assault vehicles which is ONE HUNDRED TIMES the body count of "assault rifles" according to Dianne Feinstein.

You going to ban those? They're MUCH more likely to kill you as long as you're not a criminal (most murders are criminals killing each other) or perhaps under educated putting you on the down-side of economic disparity.

Thank you for making my point. Americans are OK with gun violence - that is exactly what I said.

I don't worry much about American gun violence. It's nearly all criminals and the under-educated without viable legal career paths killing each other and I'm part of neither demographic.

The raw data behind the anti-gun paper _Handgun Regulations, Crime, Assaults, and Homicides: A Tale of Two Cities_ showed that a white person in Seattle where any law abiding adult can have a gun was less likely to be murdered than in Vancouver.

As other countries have discovered gun bans don't change that. With economic disparity the losers turning to crime find some way to get the tools needed to ply their trade.

OTOH, gun bans do lead to increases in other violent criminal attacks on innocent people (where criminals suspect citizens are armed they opt for safer crimes like burglarizing unoccupied homes) and that would bother me (violent crime is 4X worse in the UK than the US).

I'm actually happy that criminals get $75 .25 ACP pistols as leakage from legal markets.

I feel safer with that situation than having a country in which all guns are subject to strict controls and importing such a pistol would be about as hard as a fully automatic AK47 and making one would be more difficult than manufacturing an open-bolt submachine gun.

There are actual solutions.

Perhaps. Get rid of the education gap caused in part by local control and funding of schools and run a marketing campaign to make education cool the same way smoking has been turned into a social scourge.

People with economic situations close enough to the median don't kill each other regardless of what guns they own.

There are 240,000 machine guns legally owned by private citizens in America. Since 1934 only _TWO_ have been used in crimes, the most recent in 1989 by a corrupt Ohio police officer who used his to murder an informant.

And there are real deniers that say nothing can be done - hence my statement that Americans will continue the same behavior with an 'oh well' attitude. You pretty much confirmed it in your response.

No gun regulation is going to cause an appreciable reduction in gun crime, although it will piss off gun-owners causing us to lay in life-time supplies and turn against the Democrats responsible for most of the silliness.

one thing: of the violence i have witnessed, heard of from friends, and read about in the newspaper do not come with links. i live in reality, not on a computer. i don't need facebook to see most of my friends, i go visit. and violence is not ok with me, gun or otherwise. i try to shield my young son from it, but that doesn't mean he can't shoot or otherwise defend himself or others if needbe (he passed his test for his orange belt in taekwondo saturday). and i honestly witnessed the maul injury last year, and it was funny, not fatal, but not very smart. i do apologize that there is no link to accompany this memory. and i also did not say mauls cause more damage than guns, but it is non gun violence which is greater than gun violence.
http://kitswv.com

I checked some stats for the last 10 years and on average there where 4814 homicides without guns.
On average 13594 homicides using firearms,52% on average, or 7070 were self inflicted gunshot deaths,so on average 6525 were murders.
That means on average there were about 25% more murders using guns than without guns,but many experts believe there are far more violent attacks without guns,and that many of these attacks result in permanent debilitating injury to the victims(permanent brain injuries,spinal injuries,loss of vision,permanent organ damage,permanent psycological trauma,ect)from rape,robbery,or unprovoked assaults.
Stay safe out there,and don't do anything risky,like walk around pahokee at night.

>I just wonder how many would side with government hell bent on removing society's
>freedoms.

Pretty much all of them. Look at how many sided with a government hell bent on removing society's freedom to deny women the vote.

are you on drugs? what the hell does this have to do with anything being discussed here?
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Ha ha, if you think that the Obama Gov is on a par with the Mubarak & Assad regimes you're either having a laugh or deluded.

Maybe you should look up some stuff about Egypt before the arab spring. It was pretty much seen as a huge success story. As was sarajevo when it held the olympics, before civil war broke out...

The ancient brits probably thought they had it pretty good before the romans or the vikings showed up.

Doesn't take much to push any country into a crisis, and then you should be prepared.

I don't need to look up some 'stuff' I've first hand experience you should try it some time works wonders.

My bad. I guess I assumed if someone has as much first hand experience as you say you do, they aren't so quick to judge people from other countries like you seem to in the first posts....
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

I just wonder how many would side with government hell bent on removing society's freedoms.

A lot. Look how many are posting in this thread.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

My bad. I guess I assumed if someone has as much first hand experience as you say you do, they aren't so quick to judge people from other countries like you seem to in the first posts....

Hey if you want to cross the boarder and join the fruit loops who want to take on the US Army just back from Afghan you go for it. I'll be sure to post something nice about you in the In Memory forum.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

As a fruitloop? :D

OK so are you saying that you would seriously shoot US soldiers and LEOs? Or are you just messing?

When the politicians push a society over the brink. Said society normally pushes back.
I just wonder how many would side with government hell bent on removing society's freedoms.

Looks like they're planning on coming to take away they're guns...

http://rt.com/usa/nra-gun-ban-confiscation-419/

If it did kick off the next thing would be UN Peacekeeping troops on the streets of the USA aiding US troops and LEOs in restoring law and order and seizing illegal weapons. The armed resistance wouldn't stand a hope in hell.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Maybe they'll get the UN in to do the job this time, thats the word on the European streets. UN primarily NATO nations forces are prepared to react under Article 15 of the UN Arms Trade Treaty.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Really? Why?

well, the guys in blue helmets would have their feelings hurt when people point and laugh

(I think so anyway, they might be used to it by now)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I did see something about a massive influx of UN vehicles into the USA. Also there are some very big 'exercises' in Canada and Mexico about to take place.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca