HIDGAF84

Aurora: How many killed by his rifle?

Everything I read, says his rifle jammed...

Why does Piers Morgan continually bring up Aurora as a main reason to ban "assault" rifles?

Was anyone actually shot, by his rifle?

I think a few

He had (if I remember correctly) one of those 100 round drum type magazines
Most of those that people can afford do not work very well

It they worked better the military and LEO's would use them
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Why does Piers Morgan continually bring up Aurora as a main reason to ban "assault" rifles?

I`m pretty neutral on the gun debate but it amazes me that people are putting this much energy to save... assaults rifles.

I`m pretty neutral on the gun debate but it amazes me that people are putting this much energy to save... assaults rifles.

considering it seems to be the most popular rifle in North america, what is so amazing? Didn't you see the picture of Cary Price hunting coyotes in BC last week?
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

I think a few

That's pretty much the reason why magazines stay @ 30 rounds. They get really unreliable when they get big. I'd much rather see some idiot with a 100 round drum than say, 6 30 round magazines that are duck taped in pairs. The former doesn't know what he's doing. The latter probably does.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

I think a few

That's pretty much the reason why magazines stay @ 30 rounds. They get really unreliable when they get big. I'd much rather see some idiot with a 100 round drum than say, 6 30 round magazines that are duck taped in pairs. The former doesn't know what he's doing. The latter probably does.

+1

I have some 5, 10, 15, and 30 round magazines

I dont even like the 30's

I perfer the 10's my self
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

considering it seems to be the most popular rifle in North america, what is so amazing? Didn't you see the picture of Cary Price hunting coyotes in BC last week?

Not really the point and no idea what was the point of bringing Carey Price lol.

I love guns and hunting, but we seem quite desperate to keep them to the extent where we are using bogus arguments and we're not really discussing in good-faith.

Its about ''what arguments can I bring up from my arse to sway the public opinion'' rather than ''Is it really the right thing to do?''.

hey, got a few knocks on my door too from quite a few people who wanted me to join 2nd amendment protection.
Its ''odd' that we are expanding so much energy on .... this?

Okay, back to the topic...

From my own researching, I don't believe ANYONE was killed with a 223/556 round in this shooting. Everything I have read... says the 100 round drum mag, immediately jammed, and he went right to the shotgun.

Is this correct, or not?

Okay, back to the topic...

From my own researching, I don't believe ANYONE was killed with a 223/556 round in this shooting. Everything I have read... says the 100 round drum mag, immediately jammed, and he went right to the shotgun.

Is this correct, or not?

It is not. From CNN:
"Investigators found 76 shell casings in the auditorium. Most of the spent rounds -- 65 -- were .223 caliber rifle rounds, six were shotgun shells and five were .40 caliber rounds from the Glocks, Appel said. Police also found one of the tear-gas canisters inside the theater, Appel said."

Don

got a few knocks on my door too from quite a few people who wanted me to join 2nd amendment protection.

Think about your words. It's a RIGHT. And people are expending significant amounts of energy to try to take away a right. Think about it - taking away a right.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Ive fired rounds through 100 round beta mags before. I got to around 35 rounds before it jammed and the spring partially unwound inside the mag and I threw it away. Also my father is in law enforcement and he brough several member of the local SWAT team over one day...they brough several class 3 weapons ...

HK MP5
an old school thompson machine gun
and several full auto variants of the M-16

The thompson has a drum mag that seemed to jam almost every 8 or 10th round. The mag seemed to be the largest contributor at jamming.

That MP5 was completely bad ass though :D

Not really the point and no idea what was the point of bringing Carey Price lol.

I love guns and hunting, but we seem quite desperate to keep them to the extent where we are using bogus arguments and we're not really discussing in good-faith.

Its about ''what arguments can I bring up from my arse to sway the public opinion'' rather than ''Is it really the right thing to do?''.

hey, got a few knocks on my door too from quite a few people who wanted me to join 2nd amendment protection.

because the picture of cary price coyote hunting in BC clearly showed him holding an 'assault-type' rifle with a pistol grip and large magazine...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

That's a good point, and gives me an idea...

Ban removable magazines that are between 21 and 49 rounds...

Nut jobs who want to shoot up a public place will buy huge cumbersome magazines that jam 10 rounds in (there's your 10-round limit) and responsible people will just buy reliable 20-round magazines...

got a few knocks on my door too from quite a few people who wanted me to join 2nd amendment protection.

Think about your words. It's a RIGHT. And people are expending significant amounts of energy to try to take away a right. Think about it - taking away a right.

It is a right THAT IS NOT UNLIMITED - SCOTUS.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Define an "assault rifle" and what features make it so much more deadlier than any other rifle?
I have a hard time with people just saying that the AR platform is nothing but an assault rifle. It is a modular sporting rifle that offers the most versatile and customizable platform available. It can easily be set up and tailored to be a competition gun, or fitted with a long bull barrel, bi-pod and other things to be an awesome varmint rifle. In it's short typical version I love carrying it on deer drives as a walker, it's size and lighter weight make it great for carrying through thick brush and undergrowth, making it easy to draw up and take a shot on a deer and it being a semi auto I don't have to drop my forehand to actuate an action to cycle another round, making a follow up shot quick, quiet and movement free. It's pistol grip is nothing but a product of the configuration of the buffer spring and the architecture of the gun. There is no other type of grip possible for it to have. It has an adjustable stock so that I can fire it and then hand it to my 5 foot tall fiance and she can adjust the stock to her size and fire it. What does that have to do with the "lethality" of the rifle? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!
You wanna know what the most deadly arm is that most of these retards can't figure out? a 12 ga with 00 buckshot. Nine projectiles coming out of the gun that are all larger than the .223/5.56 bullet of a ar-15. So keep that in mind when you hear some dumb ass talking about "protecting the rights of bird hunters" and see images of supposed "pro-2a" politicians walking around with their rich buddies on some caged bird farm doing some "hunting". >:(

But seriously y does this guy enter the cinema through the front prop open a fire door 4 what like 2-5mins lets say then go out n get "dressed" then come bk in n through the fire door n start shootin? y didnt he just conceal the weapons in a batman costume or watever walk in through the front "normal" entrance then sit down wait 5-10 mins n then go nuts? noooo he just waits out back after the massacre n then tells cops "wait oh ive booby trapped the shit out of my apartment so be careful guys ey coz im a homicidal maniac" ive been readin bout how both holmes n lanza's fathers were due to testify in court over the libor scandal has anyone else heard this?
Life, get amoungst it!

Because there are no 'assault rifles'. There are only rifles. The last attempt to define them eliminated such irrelevant things as bayonette lugs, pistol grips, flash suppressors and collapsible stocks. None of these were relevant to anything but the appearance and popularity. Calling it something ominous like 'assault rifle' is just an Information Operations campaign conducted against the population. When automatic weapons, sawed off shotguns, and silencers were regulated, it was because they were popular with gangsters. It wasn't because law abiding citizens were abusing them or ordinary citizens were being killed with them. They just got lots of play in the media. Same thing for 'assault rifles'.

There is also the whole 'slippery slope' argument.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Because there are no 'assault rifles'. There are only rifles. The last attempt to define them eliminated such irrelevant things as bayonette lugs, pistol grips, flash suppressors and collapsible stocks. None of these were relevant to anything but the appearance and popularity. Calling it something ominous like 'assault rifle' is just an Information Operations campaign conducted against the population. When automatic weapons, sawed off shotguns, and silencers were regulated, it was because they were popular with gangsters. It wasn't because law abiding citizens were abusing them or ordinary citizens were being killed with them. They just got lots of play in the media. Same thing for 'assault rifles'.

There is also the whole 'slippery slope' argument.

I think a lot of firearm owners struggle to relate their issues with the "assault weapon" ban to ban advocates. It's a similar frustration that skydivers feel when the media reports that the guy with a 100 jumps who flew a Velo into the ground's "parachute failed to open," and the article gets a thousand comments of people saying, "serves him/her right for jumping from a perfectly good plane." From here we get yet another layer of frustration when we see some tandem student jump into the comments and write, "whatever man, I'm a skydiver, you gotta get out of bed and live life. wooo!"

And you end up feeling overrun. Do I spend my energy trying to make more reasoned arguments only to get lost in the noise? Or do I try and convince the people "on my side" making bad arguments to shut the hell up because they're garnering all the attention and further entrenching the opposition?