CarpeDiem3

What if someone threw a gun party, and no one came?

>Yet open containers are banned in vehicles.
>Yet beer is banned under those circumstances.

Republicans want to grab your beer! Their conservative ways lead them to want to ban beer for all Americans - for their own good, of course. Why, even Romney has BANNED it in his home!

I would not ban containers of alcohol to try and prevent it.

Yet open containers are banned in vehicles.

actually, not in all states, and not in all vehicles (example - limo, bus)

when you go on to ask about laws against drinking, you're not longer talking about the object, and instead the behaviour of the person.

So it's not a good idea to arm them with things that they can use to kill others.

I've got things all over my house I could use to kill people if I were so inclined. My truck would probably work pretty good, though it wouldn't be much help to protect myself from a home intruder. And, no surprise, people in vehicles kill WAY more people than people with guns do.

I would not ban containers of alcohol to try and prevent it.

Yet open containers are banned in vehicles.

actually, not in all states, and not in all vehicles (example - limo, bus)

when you go on to ask about laws against drinking, you're not longer talking about the object, and instead the behaviour of the person.

Correct. Georgia: can have open containers in the vehicle providing the driving has no alcohol on his/her breath and their are enough people in the vehicle to account for every open container, 1:1.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

When will your kind realize that a gun is an object?

Who is "my kind"?

A nuclear bomb is an object too, but that doesn't mean that everyone should have one. Humans are imperfect, they're fallible, they screw up, and sometimes they turn just plain evil. So it's not a good idea to arm them with things that they can use to kill others.

Humans are imperfect, they're fallible, they screw up, and sometimes they turn just plain evil. So it's not a good idea to disarm their law-abiding prey.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

LMAO:D:D:D

Never mind Ron look on the bright side theres always the end of the world. :)

Actually, the end of the world thing that most people think Christians talk about is really the Tribulation Period. The end of the world is way, way into the future. However, we could see the Tribulation in our lifetime.

The Tribulation will start with peace in the Mideast and 3.5 years of prosperity through one world government. All the Radicals/Liberals will be rejoicing. It will be more fun than BHO's re-election. Then the poo poo will hit the fan. The following 3.5 years will be very, very bad.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>Yet open containers are banned in vehicles.
>Yet beer is banned under those circumstances.

Republicans want to grab your beer! Their conservative ways lead them to want to ban beer for all Americans - for their own good, of course. Why, even Romney has BANNED it in his home!

We have proof that Obama hasn't banned it.

Chuck

people in vehicles kill WAY more people than people with guns do.

People who kill with vehicles do so accidentally.
People who kill with guns do so intentionally.
So perhaps we should be a little more strict on the guns.

I think we are a little more strict with the guns. I have no problem with having certain regulations, but I see no reason why capable, law-abiding citizens should not be allowed to own guns.

And, while your statements are mostly true, death by vehicle is not always an accident, and death by gun is not always intentional.

If a person intends to kill someone else, they'll probably find a way to do it whether they have a gun or not.

People who kill with vehicles do so accidentally.
People who kill with guns do so intentionally.

Bullish. There is nearly no such thing as an accident, whether it comes to guns or cars. I refuse to ever accept the excuse of "accidental shooting" based upon the fundamental rules of possessing and handling firearms, and I feel the same about autos. There is always at minimum a case of negligence. An idiot talking on their phone doesn't "accidentally" sideswipe a motorcylist on the interstate while changing lanes. A drunk idiot driving with too many in him doesn't "accidentally" run a red light. A moron in a hurry to pass a truck on a two lane doesn't "accidentally" have a head on with a car coming the other direction. Call it "non-malacious" all you want, but that person put something stupid like their time before the lives of everyone around them when they committed their act of idiocy. [:/]

People who kill with vehicles do so accidentally. Not always true.
People who kill with guns do so intentionally. Not always true, as well.

Using false, fact lacking, statements as absolutes, only weakens your point. Since it is a weak point to begin with, it pretty much means this is a pointless thread.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Bullish. There is nearly no such thing as an accident, whether it comes to guns or cars. I refuse to ever accept the excuse of "accidental shooting" based upon the fundamental rules of possessing and handling firearms, and I feel the same about autos. There is always at minimum a case of negligence.

you can argue the semantics all you want, these are still accidents. People do not intend for them to occur. In many, the level of negligence is clearly a factor, but it's false to claim it's always there, no matter how many obvious examples you want to cite. (BTW, no one calls a collision caused by a drunk running a red light an accident - they call it a felony)

There are far far fewer cases of gun accidents that aren't negligent, but there are also far fewer such events to start with.

When will your kind realize that a gun is an object?

Who is "my kind"?

A nuclear bomb is an object too, but that doesn't mean that everyone should have one. Humans are imperfect, they're fallible, they screw up, and sometimes they turn just plain evil.

BAN HUMANS!!!

So it's not a good idea to arm them with things that they can use to kill others.

like hybrid vehicles?

but what if he's got a pointed stick?
--
Rob