lawrocket

The Presidential Candidate Debates

Fact Check ‏@factcheckdotorg
Obama says you will get a rebate from insurance cos. But most rebates will go to employers, not individuals. http://[/url]ow.ly/ecO3a #debate
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
38m Fact Check ‏@factcheckdotorg
Would an unelected board tell seniors what treatments Medicare will cover? Get the facts: http://ow.ly/ecNTQ #debate
53m Fact Check ‏@factcheckdotorg
Romney said Obama “cut" Medicare by $716B but cuts in the future growth of spending prolong life of Medicare. http://ow.ly/ecMJ8 #debate
56m Fact Check ‏@factcheckdotorg
Obama says Romney-Ryan Medicare plan a “voucher” plan. Not exactly. http://ow.ly/ecMAl #debate
1h Fact Check ‏@factcheckdotorg
Romney said Obama doubled deficits. But Obama inherited $1.2T deficit when he took office in FY2009, which ended with $1.4T deficit. #debate
Romney says 6 studies prove his revenue-neutral tax plan can work as he plans. But who wrote those "studies"? http://ow.ly/ecL8y #debate
Obama says he’d increase tax rate on high-income earners to no more than they paid under Clinton. Not so. http://ow.ly/ecKTG #debate
Romney says he will pay for $5T tax cut without raising deficit or raising taxes on middle class. Experts say that's not possible....
Obama says Romney wants to "double down" on policies that caused recession. What caused the recession? http://ow.ly/ecKel #debate
Expand Reply Retwee

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I absolutely won't be watching anything except the debates.

As for the people not in the debates...look...if they had great ideas, their time for voicing them was months and months ago. THAT is how the process works. Not wait until the last minute and then step up.

The American public has over the course of a LONG period of preliminaries decided these are the two guys it boils down to. If anybody wanted to be in the final debates, the field was wide open 9 months ago.

Or don't you remember that?

They DID voice them months and months ago, and the same thing happened then. the party leadership shut them out because they didn't agree with the party line on all issues. Look at Gary Johnson. tried it as a Republican, but you and I and your neighbor's dog and everyone else knows that if you are a social liberal, you don't have a rat's chance of being allowed to see the light of day in the republican party.

So they shut him out, and now he's libertarian, and no one knows who he is except New Mexicans, where I predict he will get a significant portion of that state's vote. Because he made a damned fine governor. I was just in New Mexico...driving around albuquerque i saw a LOT of Gary Johnson 2012 bumper stickers.

I'm actually disappointed and a bit surprised at you here, tbh. It's NEVER going to change if people keep thinking like you do.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Romney is a skilled professional business manager. He presented himself exactly as I expected. Two comments that hit home were, one, his reference to BHO's pedantic Theory X style of "my way or the highway."

The second major point was fifty years of oil company benefits given to failed green energy projects that could have hired two million teachers. YOWZER!

There is a saying among those who breed and race thoroughbreds. Namely, a horse with a lesser blood line will not generally outrun a horse with a higher blood line.

What we saw last night was a racer clearly outclassed. BHO is not headed for the wreath of roses.

Clearly BHO's decision rationale is slipping. He chose John Kerry as his debate coach. Ouch!

I'll cut BHO some slack, the poor guy didn't have his teleprompter.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I want to hear what Jill Stein has to say. I want the rest of the country to hear what Gary Johnson has to say.

Do they realistically have a rats chance in hell of winning? No.

So why waste the time? Let's hear from the two guys, one of which will absolutely be the President.

And that is why we are entrenched in a two party system with choices that suck on both sides.

Republicans, Democrats... same thing. So little difference between the parties, the only difference is which hole of your they are going to violate.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I thought the (frustrated) facilitator did a good job.

I thought that both candidates were able to debate and smile and do this in a courteous and direct fashion (it was professional and statesmenlike). They were decent about where they agreed with each other (nice to see - no need to manufacture disagreement where there isn't any) and had enough detail on the disagreements.

There were a few strawmen setups ("what my opponent thinks" :S:S) but they were shot down quickly so the normal CRAP the fanatics love didn't get traction - thankfully.

I tend to look for when the candidates digress (wander) from the question at hand and start to ramble about generalized speaking points. That shows who tries to debate off the cuff and who has his facts. Same type will also try to crack a joke too if he's lost.

Then listen for basic general philosophy first and how it's underpinned.

I don't care who I think "won". I just wanted more info on what both think by listening directly what they both say. Got that.

I didn't think any of the attempted "zingers" had any real bite (I'm sure the self satisfied fanatics on both sides thought otherwise) - the content was worth it instead. Good debate.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Sesame Street is my only break from parenting in the morning long enough to finish my cup of coffee.

Don't do it Romney, you'll lose my vote.

PBS won't go away if they just get advertisers and run it like a business.
Oh the horror!!

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It was clear Romney knew his facts and figures, Obama struggled at times to stay on topic. There were a couple of 'oh shit' moments when Barry's train of thought nearly left the tracks.

I don't think it changed anyone's minds. I also think many of the undecideds might not be able to follow the conversation. Today we'll be back to attack ads ad nauseum.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Sesame Street is my only break from parenting in the morning long enough to finish my cup of coffee.

Oh the horror!!

Exactly, Sesame Street is not only financially viable but a hugely profitable enterprise. They earn 15-17 million per year in licensing.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Oh the horror!!

Exactly, Sesame Street is not only financially viable but a hugely profitable enterprise. They earn 15-17 million per year in licensing.

I was talking PBS in general. But you are absolutely right. Sesame Street would clean up in the real market.

Oh the horror!!

I was talking PBS in general. But you are absolutely right. Sesame Street would clean up in the real market.

I'm well aware of this, and it was mainly a lame attempt at humor, but one side note is my kid doesn't have the attention span to sit through a commercial, which is the main reason Sesame Street is my choice.

I liked the "Trickle Down Government" line.

Clearly Romney cleaned Obamas clock. Now watch as the professional spin meisters go to work to slowly change what all of us (who are being honest) observed.

I thought Romney's best section was when the President complained about the 2. something billion in credits given to the oil companies and Romney told Obama you have given 70 billion to green companies in 4 years
That is what, 50 years worth of oil company subs to many companies that are now bankrupt?

This is interesting

My wife pays no attention to any politics. She hates it. I wanted to see the debates so she sat there and listened it

Now, she have never listened to Obama or Romney before

After a while of listening she turned to me and asked, "I thought Obama was supposed to be this great speaker and debator"? I mentioned that is what many think. She told me he sounds like a dufus:D

I could not help but laugh:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The debates themselves are based on unfair competition. They exclude other voices

I agree but the biggest issue in my opinion is it takes too much money to run for office. I still think my maximum donation amount is a great idea. Everyone should have a voice and the same amount of voice so you actually need to convince people to donate, not one giant corporation.

Then you can have grass roots, go to town hall and express your ideas and see if you have support. You can’t do that when you need a billion dollars that’s insane.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

You just don't have much else to say today, huh.

Maybe BHO will show up for the next debate. Or, maybe he is worn out and can't stand the thought of inheriting a huge mess again.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>Maybe BHO will show up for the next debate. Or, maybe he is worn out and can't stand
>the thought of inheriting a huge mess again.

True. And perhaps Romney won't show up; the people watching might be the 47% he doesn't care about. After all, they're not going to vote for him anyway.

Have you become a factcheckbot?

Just like to know who lies the most.

'We're Not Going to Let Our Campaign Be Dictated by Fact-Checkers"; Romney spokesman

:D:D:D

We all can tell the BHO made you proud in this debate:$

But I find it interesting that given ALL the fact checks out there you have the balls to call Romney the biggest debate lier

:D:D:D

Please, keep it coming
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Maybe BHO will show up for the next debate. Or, maybe he is worn out and can't stand
>the thought of inheriting a huge mess again.

True. And perhaps Romney won't show up; the people watching might be the 47% he doesn't care about. After all, they're not going to vote for him anyway.

Leaving the remaining 53% for Romney.[:/]

Oh the horror!!

Which would only be a fraction of what it actually costs to produce.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver