Ashtanga

Two Days

Was your comment a left wing liberal condescension?

Since I'm not a left wing liberal, it was not. I really do wish people on both sides would try to understand the issues more, and regurgitate the radical lies and talking points less.

- Dan G

Was your comment a left wing liberal condescension?

Since I'm not a left wing liberal, it was not. I really do wish people on both sides would try to understand the issues more, and regurgitate the radical lies and talking points less.

Yeah, but if that were to happen, nobody currently running for office would get elected. :)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I don't know. Would a total replacement get rid of all the bullshit and lies and such, or would it just replace it with new bullshit, lies and such?

You know, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Would a complete lack of experience cause total chaos?

Or could we possibly get people into office that are willing to make the hard choices and tell the truth about what the future must hold (higher taxes, less entitlements) to survive?
I doubt it. Far too many people want "Bread and Circuses" to make any hard choices.
Far too many people want "Give me mine, screw everyone else."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Let me summarize the next 12 posts:

"Give me mine, screw everyone else."

That's what the democrats and their tax and spend phylisophy do

That's exactly that the republicans what to do and keep the rich getting richer

Remster

I really do wish people on both sides would try to understand the issues more, and regurgitate the radical lies and talking points less.

Our country is broke. We need people making decisions who understand financial math. Every other issue is a distant second. It really has become that simple.
We are all engines of karma

>Do you realize it's already happening at the VA? Despicable.

If you think that's despicable, you should be happy Obama is leading in the polls.

================================
Romney Budget Proposals Would Necessitate Very Large Cuts in Medicaid, Education, Health Research and Other Programs

Richard Kogan
Updated September 24, 2012

Governor Mitt Romney’s proposals to cap total federal spending at 20 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) and boost defense spending to 4 percent of GDP would require very large cuts in other programs, both entitlements and discretionary programs.

This update of an earlier analysis is based on updated economic and budget projections that the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) issued this summer and additional information that the Romney campaign has provided on his budget proposals. . . .

The cuts in non­defense discretionary programs — a spending category that covers a wide variety of public services such as elemen­tary and secondary education, law enforcement, veterans’ health care, environmen­tal protection, and biomedical research — would come on top ofthe substantial cuts in this part of the budget that are already in law, due to the discretionary funding caps in last year’s Budget Control Act (BCA).
==================================

Our country is broke. We need people making decisions who understand financial math. Every other issue is a distant second. It really has become that simple.

To a certain extent I agree, but I believe there are two competing issues. The economy will not survive a drastic, immediate cut in government spending. We are too dependent on it right now. On the other hand, the debt continues to grow, and will become an increasing problem as servicing it takes more and more resources. What we need is a gradual reduction in spending, paired with a gradual increase in revenue. Neither problem will be fixed by a single administration, which is one reason why we are so screwed. Any gains made by Administration 1 will almost certainly be reversed by Administration 2, regardless of which side is in change of either Administration.

- Dan G

I really do wish people on both sides would try to understand the issues more, and regurgitate the radical lies and talking points less.

Our country is broke. We need people making decisions who understand financial math.

That excludes Ryan and Romney, then.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

No one "tells" me my politics. I don't watch the commentary shows on either side. I do sometimes catch some right-wing radio, but it only reinforces my belief that the right wing has no plan. My political views are being constantly formed as new issues arise, and as I change as a person. I don't think changing your views is a sign of weakness, as long as that change results from a considered thought process. I used to be a hard core Reagan Republican. Now I'm more centerist, but I've lost faith in the Republican party. I see the Democrats as the current lesser of two evils. That may change again in the future.

How's your irony meter looking now?

Has not changed

You make assumptions about anyone who you disagree with

So

I dont believe you

Since I dont agree with you, I still want to know who tells you what to think when is comes to politics

You sure a hell cant come up with the stuff you post on your own
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You sure a hell cant come up with the stuff you post on your own

I'll take that as a high compliment, since I do, in fact, come up with everything I post on my own.

Ya

And nobody else does

Funny shit dude

funny shit
Abraham Lincoln

You've said in the past that you don't take ideological guidance from anyone (including the person you refer to in your screen name) but find it hard to believe that other people are the same way? That's rich.

So what exactly is it that you think I'm copying?

- Dan G

You've said in the past that you don't take ideological guidance from anyone (including the person you refer to in your screen name) but find it hard to believe that other people are the same way? That's rich.

So what exactly is it that you think I'm copying?

Yes, I have said that as have others

And you make a post like you did on this thread

Not too long ago you posted something to the effect I got my points from my ideological leaders

So, it is a long way to the ground from that high horse your stride around on
Abraham Lincoln

I don't even know what post you had a problem with anymore.

Not too long ago you posted something to the effect I got my points from my ideological leaders

Actually, you projected that concept onto my statement.

Ah, a lesson in humility from someone whose signature line is, "One of the penalties for not taking interest in politics is, that you end up being governed by your inferiors... "

- Dan G

I don't even know what post you had a problem with anymore.

Actually, you projected that concept onto my statement.

Ah, a lesson in humility from someone whose signature line is, "One of the penalties for not taking interest in politics is, that you end up being governed by your inferiors... "

The current president proves my sig line

Which proves it can happen even when one is involved
Abraham Lincoln

Poppycock!

If we went on a pay-as-you-go system, where income equaled expenditures (to include servicing the debt), and every taxpayer tossed in an extra $1,000 a month, we could be flat broke in a scant 12.5 years.

In the meantime, we're seriously in the hole and losing ground.

BSBD,

Winsor

All of them understand financial math just fine. The problem is that they understand political math even better and rule #1 of that is
1) voters don't fucking care about the deficit. They say they do, but
2) they always want tax cuts and
3) they generally want more government spending, but some prefer more aircraft carriers, and some want more bridges and schools built.