jclalor

Obama condemns killing of U.S. ambassador to Libya

Is it me or does this all seem a little too well coordinated?
Two countries two attacks at almost the same time over something no one knows about nor cares about?
This smells funny!

It's 9/11
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

[url]

The internet effectively makes the whole world a theater.

Maybe, but the random killing of innocent people after seeing a youtube vid isn't a more or less involuntary reaction that's comparable to panic.

Absolutely true. But based on history, it's not unexpected either.

The video's creators knew full well that they were deliberately provoking a reaction like this.

and so kallend has absolved those who use violence
Abraham Lincoln

For Americans, I think you're better served to see how our US Ambassador was treated

>:(

I'm pissed!

this guy didn't make the video - but the assholes just take it out on anyone and everyone based on stupid and loose and insubstantial connections

The guy who made the movie knew full well that there are assholes who'd react violently, and that someone other than himself would be the victim. The person who pokes a hornets' nest isn't always the one who gets stung.

absolves them again
Abraham Lincoln

"Governor Romney rejects the reported message of the movie. There is no room for religious hatred or intolerance."

That may have been yesterday though.

It's great to see that some posters in this thread who once mocked christianity are now standing up against religious denigration...It's gotta be one of the more momentous flip flops I' yve witnessed. It's been a long fight...I think I'm gonna cry....

I should hope that Romney should be concerned by criticism of the Profit Muhammad, since he and Joseph Smith had a lot in common.

- They were both illiterate, and writings attributed to either are transcriptions of their ramblings.

- They both used the Tanakh as a moral basis, and upped the ante accordingly.

- They both lusted after multiple women, and 'married' anything that would stand still. They both showed a penchant for the very young, and Muhammad even went so far as to 'marry' a NINE YEAR OLD .

- Their followers tout themselves as adhering to peace, but each group has a remarkably violent track record (z.B., 'The Mountain Meadow Massacre').

The list goes on. Either 'ism' is a case in point whereby religious conviction is a form of psychosis.

BSBD.

Winsor

Muhammad even went so far as to 'marry' a NINE YEAR OLD

Actually Muhammed married Aisha when she was 6 years old. He waited till reached the ripe age of 9 before he consummated the marriage. It's not know if he used her in other ways in the mean time. After all according to Muh "Your wives are a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will", so technically except for the vagina, the rest of her body was fair game. But if he did, who can blame a 50+ yo for fondling a bit with his property while he was waiting for it to hit puberty.

I can't wait for Mitt and the GOP to put the blame On Obama,reply]

Seems the fair thing to do

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/barack-obama-used-troop-deaths-to-ding-bush-mccai

What goes around comes around

Abraham Lincoln

Absolutely true. But based on history, it's not unexpected either.

The video's creators knew full well that they were deliberately provoking a reaction like this.

So we should give in to the religious nut-cases then. Last time we did that it didn't work out that well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv77lPW3cys

I suggest we try a different approach this time, and remove the rabid religious from society. They seem to lack higher brain functions, they kill indiscriminately, an they attack in hordes, so destroying the brain or beheading them might both be good approaches.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/008/954/zombies.jpg

The person who pokes a hornets' nest isn't always the one who gets stung.

I have a bit of a problem with this metaphor.

OK, how about firing a flaming arrow into a gasoline truck.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

But since the policy of the Administration has seemed to be one of appeasement, then a review of world history indicates the grave danger that appeasement poses.

Perhaps you're right.

http://leanforward.msnbc.com/_news/2012/09/12/13835157-flashback-bush-condemned-danish-anti-islam-cartoons-apologized-for-iraq-shooting

Bush was also a dumb fuck. "Bush did it, first" is prima facie proof that Obama is doing it wrong.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

But since the policy of the Administration has seemed to be one of appeasement, ...

Yes, must be why Obama didn't go after Usama bin Laden and have him terminated.

Oh wait...

Yep. He didn't do that. Somebody else did that.

Oh, wait...

Look - Obama's playing both sides. On the one side he seeks to appease. On the other side he'll commit acts of war to snuff out somebody on foreign soil. Or he'll execute an American citizen on foreign soil. He's a good guy to the Muslims around the word. But Adnan Latif just died in Gitmo.

At least we knew all along what Bush's position was. "Fuck you" was Bush's position.

But note that Obama's statements are what the rest of the world hears. He's our President. Where does he stand on it? I think it's a bit of an issue that I don't know whether he's a wolf in sheep's clothing or a sheep in wolf's clothing.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Question: When someone "condemns" something "in the strongest terms", why don't they just use the actual "terms" they are referring to so we know what they really mean? I didn't hear the Pres. use this moronic, catch-all "condemnation" (maybe he did), but I did hear it from the Sec. of State. It's usually inserted into the various blathering pontifications coming from the various self-important UN poobahs ...this time from the Security Council.

On the one side he seeks to appease.

You keep saying that. Can you explain why you think that?

It's a neat sounding word, makes people look like a Nazi enabler.

It seems this may NOT be about any movie

How do you respond to those attacking the embassy yelling "we are all Osama's Obama"?
Abraham Lincoln

How do you respond to those attacking the embassy yelling "we are all Osama's Obama"?

I would respond by saying that some where along the line, they all got very bad advice on the Arabic to English translation of what they really wanted to chant.

I would respond by saying that some where along the line, they all got very bad advice on the Arabic to English translation of what they really wanted to chant.

Ok

How about this?

http://freebeacon.com/reports-marines-not-permitted-live-ammo/

REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines
Marine blogs say U.S. embassy did not authorize service members to carry ammo

Abraham Lincoln

REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines
Marine blogs say U.S. embassy did not authorize service members to carry ammo

I would respond it two ways:

1. In a country where no shooting war is underway, the US Ambassador decides the disposition of the troops in country. If the Ambasssador decided not to issue live ammo, that's his call.

2. Any Marine blogging about their current operational disposition should be brought up on charges.

- Dan G

- Their followers tout themselves as adhering to peace, but each group has a remarkably violent track record (z.B., 'The Mountain Meadow Massacre').

I think you'd need to identify more than one event from the frontier days to brand the Mormons are inherently violent. Even in that period, they got a lot more than they gave.