flyboy8501

Concealed Weapon choice.

Take a look at a SIG P229

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p229.aspx

The barrel is interchanable with .40, 9mm, .357 and .22. Nice if there is a shortage of a specific ammo and gives cheaper options for practices.

I like 9mm myself but that's a different discussion that nobody ever comes out ahead on!

The .40 and .357Sig barrels are interchangeable on the 229, and I believe many (most?) other brands. But I do not believe this extends to the .22 and the 9mm.

Coming from a no CCW land, I think the 229 is a decent call but on the larger side of what people like to carry. You're not giving anything up on handling like you might with the pocket guns. The HK USP45c is also pretty nice.

If I could carry, I'd probably take the HK P7M8, which is compact, though fairly heavy. It is the one I'm most accurate with - combination of the grip safety and the recoil dampening.

You use ONE example and paint the whole thing over

If you think that's the only example of a number of trained professionals missing the suspect and hitting other people downrange you're sadly mistaken.

It's not just ONE example, simply the latest and most illustrative of my point.

Look, I'm not saying do or don't carry, I'm saying don't think every bullet is going to hit its target. It's just not realistic anyone is that "awesome" of a shot. In a mass shooting situation, a non-professional should think before taking out his weapon. Chances are, there are a lot of good reasons not to attempt to intervene and some of those reasons may just be standing in the line of fire near the suspect. If trained professionals can't figure that out in the heat of battle then the average non-professional needs to think about it even more.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

We like being able to take care of ourselves as individuals. It was written into our constitution and some of us still like it that way.

It's kind of insulting to your country that you refer to a constitution written 225 years ago implying that nothing has changed in our society. Really shows a lack of evolution IMHO.
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

We like being able to take care of ourselves as individuals. It was written into our constitution and some of us still like it that way.

It's kind of insulting to your country that you refer to a constitution written 225 years ago implying that nothing has changed in our society. Really shows a lack of evolution IMHO.

Funny - the usual refrain from the old world is that America shouldn't talk until it's been around for a few more centuries, even though it has one of the longest standing governments on the planet.

Nothing has changed in our society that requires changing the Constitution. People had to change - so that the parts about equal rights for all citizens shifted from all white male citizens to the stated intent of all. Nothing in modern times has changed the needs for the 1st or the 2nd.

There is compelling reason our Constitution is built that way

It is the same reason liberal progressives hate our constitution
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln