ryoder

Leader Of Anti-Semitic Party In Hungary Discovers He's Jewish

Please don't construe this as in favor of his ways, I'm glad he shed his hater clothes and moved on.

I don't get it. Being Jewish is a religion; not a nationality.
All Jews are Israelies, but not all Israelies are Jewish.
Just cause your parents were Jewish or Catholic or Baptists doesn't "make" you one.
Am I missing something?
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Please don't construe this as in favor of his ways, I'm glad he shed his hater clothes and moved on.

Just cause your parents were Jewish or Catholic or Baptists doesn't "make" you one.
Am I missing something?

Way, way wrong.

"Jews" are the children of Israel/Jacob, period.

Judaism is a tribal identity, purely familial, though it has strong religious traditions. For example, some 96% of self-identified Kohainim were determined to share a common male ancestor (Aaron) - you can not become a Kohain if you are not one by birth.

Adherents to the more popular Universal Religions have a tendency to assume that other isms are of the same mold, which is hardly the case.

If your mother not Jewish, you are a Gentile unless you convert. Conversion to Judaism is quite unlike conversion to Scientology or Christianity; it is an adoption into the family, to become one of the tribe.

The Tribal Council held at a Jewish congregation is precisely that.

A Jew can be a Buddhist, an Atheist or whatever, and it has no effect on one's identity as a Jew.

In Europe in the 1940s, people who thought of themselves as Christian but had Jewish heritage went into the ovens alongside the Haredim.

BSBD,

Winsor

Am I missing something?

Way, way wrong.

"Jews" are the children of Israel/Jacob, period.

Judaism is a tribal identity, purely familial, though it has strong religious traditions. For example, some 96% of self-identified Kohainim were determined to share a common male ancestor (Aaron) - you can not become a Kohain if you are not one by birth.

Adherents to the more popular Universal Religions have a tendency to assume that other isms are of the same mold, which is hardly the case.

If your mother not Jewish, you are a Gentile unless you convert. Conversion to Judaism is quite unlike conversion to Scientology or Christianity; it is an adoption into the family, to become one of the tribe.

The Tribal Council held at a Jewish congregation is precisely that.

A Jew can be a Buddhist, an Atheist or whatever, and it has no effect on one's identity as a Jew.

In Europe in the 1940s, people who thought of themselves as Christian but had Jewish heritage went into the ovens alongside the Haredim.

BSBD,

Winsor

In the eyes of an anti-Semite, it makes no difference at all, once you have Jewish blood, you are vermin scum that is genetically programmed to lie, cheat, steal, and nail up the occasional Christian messiah.