RonD1120

Progressive Democrats and Black History

The Democratic party is offering a hand out, not a hand up. As long as they can keep them uneducated and at home on food stamps and welfare, they will continue to vote democrat to keep it coming.

It's the new slavery....:S

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

The Democratic party is offering a hand out, not a hand up. As long as they can keep them uneducated and at home on food stamps and welfare, they will continue to vote democrat to keep it coming.

It's the new slavery....:S

Amen!
+1;)

It seems to be clear to many except the engineering types that post here. That is a puzzle to me.[:/]
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I like what Frantz Kebreau, the maker of the video had to say on his web page:

My belief is that the Party’s did not change. The tactics changed. They went from Pro-Slavery to Pro-Segregation to Pro-Entitlement, all of which results in nothing beneficial for the prosperity of an individual and is considered by many of my ilk, “Plantation Politics”.

All I want is the Truth and to be treated as an equal, no more and no less; as an equal. I do not need the Democratic Party telling me that I’m “black” or that I’m a minority who needs their assistance. I am not a color. I am Frantz Kebreau, an American Citizen.

For the Democratic Party, it has always been about “Control” over Freedom. Keeping the Truth from it’s constituents in order to maintain control over them is not what I want from my “Party”

To me it just all goes along with the Saul Alinski Style politics that the democrats have brought to the nation. The ends justify the means. Anything for power.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

My belief is that the Party’s did not change. The tactics changed. They went from Pro-Slavery to Pro-Segregation to Pro-Entitlement, all of which results in nothing beneficial for the prosperity of an individual and is considered by many of my ilk, “Plantation Politics”.

All I want is the Truth and to be treated as an equal, no more and no less; as an equal. I do not need the Democratic Party telling me that I’m “black” or that I’m a minority who needs their assistance. I am not a color. I am Frantz Kebreau, an American Citizen.

For the Democratic Party, it has always been about “Control” over Freedom. Keeping the Truth from it’s constituents in order to maintain control over them is not what I want from my “Party”

To me it just all goes along with the Saul Alinski Style politics that the democrats have brought to the nation. The ends justify the means. Anything for power.

What I can't seem to get through my thick skull is why educated middle class and upper middle class folks support this ideology. They have little to no chance in sharing the power and yet they buy in. We find them all over the postings in SC. It just blows my mind. Where is their pay off?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

What I can't seem to get through my thick skull is why educated middle class and upper middle class folks support this ideology. They have little to no chance in sharing the power and yet they buy in. We find them all over the postings in SC. It just blows my mind. Where is their pay off?

It's because they are true believers. They think that the government will ration out equality and fairness. Take form the rich and give to the poor. Do you remember Ernesto "Che" Guevara? He was a true believer.

He followed Fidel Castro into all kinds of atrocities, killing women and children and such in the name of fairness and equality for all.

But, when Castro was done with him he kicked him out and he was eventually shot dead in a barn in Columbia, if memory serves. He was a "useful idiot".

If a person is willing to commit such horrific acts, what makes them trust worthy? It's a story that is worth being told again because it comparable with what is going on in politics today. Look at Obama's most negative campaign in recent history.

And after he is in power, do you really think that it will be equality and fairness for all? Or do you think that some are more equal that others? They have been working hard over recent years to put controls in place (get people on food stamps, welfare, etc...) so that way they can continue to ration to the the people while they party it up. And like I said, if you want your rations to continue to come to you, you better vote for the right party....

And after he is in power, do you really think that it will be equality and fairness for all? Or do you think that some are more equal that others? They have been working hard over recent years to put controls in place (get people on food stamps, welfare, etc...) so that way they can continue to ration to the the people while they party it up. And like I said, if you want your rations to continue to come to you, you better vote for the right party....

If you really believe this stuff, I suggest you take a step back and try to look at it with new eyes. Obama is not evil. He has no nefarious plan to control the masses, make the US communist, or take your women. Neither does Romney. They are both flawed men who will and are trying their best. They have slightly different ideas about taxes and government spending. Their views on abortion, gay rights, and immigration are different. Their ideas about foreign policy are the same but with some rhetorical tweaks. Otherwise, like most of the people in the US, they are essentially identical.

- Dan G

People should probably read what Lincoln said during the debates.

True, but when you compare what he said to what Douglas said..... He is the more 'liberal' when it came to blacks. Then when you look at Grant and his signing of the 1871 Klan Act effectively killed the first iteration of the KKK. It is pretty easy to make the claim that the republicans were more supportive of blacks than the other political parties at the time.

The second iteration of the KKK was started again by a book and play called 'The clansmen'. The writer, Thomas Dixon, Jr., said the purpose of his book was to "revolutionize northern sentiment by a presentation of history that would transform every man in my audience into a good Democrat!" So given this, it would also be safe to say that democrats at the time were not the party that supported black rights.

It's because they are true believers. They think that the government will ration out equality and fairness. Take form the rich and give to the poor. Do you remember Ernesto "Che" Guevara? He was a true believer.

He followed Fidel Castro into all kinds of atrocities, killing women and children and such in the name of fairness and equality for all.

But, when Castro was done with him he kicked him out and he was eventually shot dead in a barn in Columbia, if memory serves. He was a "useful idiot".

If a person is willing to commit such horrific acts, what makes them trust worthy? It's a story that is worth being told again because it comparable with what is going on in politics today. Look at Obama's most negative campaign in recent history.

I agree 100%, just don't understand how or why they became true believers.

Avoiding full responsibility by advocating higher taxes, thus allowing the government to assume more responsibility, and claiming that is being responsible is as close as I can come to a convoluted logic in defense of liberalism.

The fallacy in the theory is that the government is terribly inefficient in solving the problems for which they have responsibility. Tax revenue tends to make government bigger not better.

BTW, Che was neutralized in Bolivia.

The fallacy in the theory is that the government is terribly inefficient in solving the problems for which they have responsibility.

IMO, it's becoming ever more reasonable to classify people in SC debates as those that favor markets, and those that favor government.

Markets, by definition, have many buyers and many sellers. In a market transaction, if I don't like what's on the table, I move on to the next buyer/seller. Likewise, markets are known to produce cost effective excellence through competition.

Government offers neither of these. You can't walk away from a transaction with a government, nor is there any competition to produce cost effective excellence in government.

For those people that favor government, they tend to have a negative view of their fellow man when it comes to markets. Ah, you can't trust men in market situations. Yet, they'll take some of their fellow men, elevate them into position of governments, and trust them. Their view makes no sense to me.
We are all engines of karma

The fallacy in the theory is that the government is terribly inefficient in solving the problems for which they have responsibility.

IMO, it's becoming ever more reasonable to classify people in SC debates as those that favor markets, and those that favor government.

Markets, by definition, have many buyers and many sellers. In a market transaction, if I don't like what's on the table, I move on to the next buyer/seller. Likewise, markets are known to produce cost effective excellence through competition.

Government offers neither of these. You can't walk away from a transaction with a government, nor is there any competition to produce cost effective excellence in government.

For those people that favor government, they tend to have a negative view of their fellow man when it comes to markets. Ah, you can't trust men in market situations. Yet, they'll take some of their fellow men, elevate them into position of governments, and trust them. Their view makes no sense to me.

We stand together here. Thanks for sharing your viewpoint so succinctly.

I don';t favor government over markets (except for such things as justice, military protection, regulation, etc.) but I'd like to point out that your statement makes as much sense if you reverse the nouns:

For those people that favor markets, they tend to have a negative view of their fellow man when it comes to government. Ah, you can't trust men in government. Yet, they'll take some of their fellow men, elevate them into position of market makers, and trust them. Their view makes no sense to me.

- Dan G

your statement makes as much sense if you reverse the nouns:

Interesting exercise, DanG. I disagree with your assessment. If I find a market maker difficult to deal with, I simply move on to another one. Can't make that decision when it comes to a government.

I am not saying that government does not have a role in our society, BTW. The items you pointed out are vital roles for government: justice, military, and regulations that promote functioning markets.

I admit it's not a perfect analogy, but I think people tend to forget that both government and markets are made up of people. People generally look out for their perceived self-interest, so absolute trust in either one is foolish.

As far as dealing with a bad market, mobility is not always practical. You pretty much have to deal with the banking, oil, and real estate industries. Those industries are becoming dominated by fewer and fewer companies, with greater and greater power. Markets only work when there is mobility and competition. I think we're seeing less of both.

- Dan G

People generally look out for their perceived self-interest, so absolute trust in either one is foolish.

One can argue that markets work best when people do act in their strict self-interest. Agreed, absolute trust has no place in that environment.

As far as dealing with a bad market, mobility is not always practical. You pretty much have to deal with the banking, oil, and real estate industries. Those industries are becoming dominated by fewer and fewer companies, with greater and greater power. Markets only work when there is mobility and competition. I think we're seeing less of both.

Agreed. In a competitive market, poor performers drop out of that market. There must be replacements that come in, otherwise that market may reach a point where it's no longer functioning. That can, and does, cause problems.

People should probably read what Lincoln said during the debates.

True, but when you compare what he said to what Douglas said..... He is the more 'liberal' when it came to blacks. Then when you look at Grant and his signing of the 1871 Klan Act effectively killed the first iteration of the KKK. It is pretty easy to make the claim that the republicans were more supportive of blacks than the other political parties at the time.

The second iteration of the KKK was started again by a book and play called 'The clansmen'. The writer, Thomas Dixon, Jr., said the purpose of his book was to "revolutionize northern sentiment by a presentation of history that would transform every man in my audience into a good Democrat!" So given this, it would also be safe to say that democrats at the time were not the party that supported black rights.

Kind of goes along with what I read on "stolenhistory.com"
http://stolenhistory.org/category/democratic-party-history/

Speaking to two Governors on Air Force One, then President LB Johnson was quoted saying, “”I’ll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” according Ronald Kessler’s Book in relation to the Law.

your statement makes as much sense if you reverse the nouns:

Interesting exercise, DanG. I disagree with your assessment. If I find a market maker difficult to deal with, I simply move on to another one. Can't make that decision when it comes to a government.

Actually you can. You even have options regarding how to do so. You can move to a location within the jurisdiction of a different government. Alternately, you can participate in government, including, but certainly not limited to, voting out the politicians with whom you disagree about policy.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Actually you can. You even have options regarding how to do so. You can move to a location within the jurisdiction of a different government. Alternately, you can participate in government, including, but certainly not limited to, voting out the politicians with whom you disagree about policy.

Much easier in a market.