billvon

Top Ten Signs Republicans are Sweating

Top ten signs the GOP is sweating bullets over the presidential election:

10) Voter purges - they're baaaack!

9) When FOX News mistakenly announces that the ACA was defeated in the Supreme Court, they announce "The Obama administration has been dealt a crushing blow! Will this sink Obama's chances in the November elections?" When they realize it was really upheld, they announce "Voters outraged over Supreme Court decision! Will this sink Obama's chances in the November elections?"

8) The GOP's entire argument over the Affordable Care Act devolves to a quibble over the definition of the word "tax."

7) When a governor announces job growth in his state, Romney sends him a message saying "ixnay on the good news! Spin it as bad news."

6) Republicans comb the news for new articles about energy, the economy etc and then comment "gee, I guess Barry doesn't care about X!" when the White House does not immediately issue a press release.

5) When the White House issues a press release about energy, the economy etc. right wingers comment "gee, I guess he doesn't have anything better to do than issue press releases!"

4) Every reply to a comment about the improving economy, increased oil production, housing price recovery, or reduction in unemployment starts with "but . . ."

3) "Bain capital? What's that?"

2) Birthers are back. Nuff said.

1) They start using Bill Clinton quotes to support Romney.

10) Voter purges - they're baaaack!so?

9) When FOX News mistakenly announces that the ACA was defeated in the Supreme Court, they announce "The Obama administration has been dealt a crushing blow! Ah, better check your news again as many did the same when the first part stated that the individual mandate failed under the comerse clause AND THEN went on to say it held up as a tax :o Will this sink Obama's chances in the November elections?" When they realize it was really upheld, they announce "Voters outraged over Supreme Court decision! Will this sink Obama's chances in the November elections?"

8) The GOP's entire argument over the Affordable Care Act devolves to a quibble over the definition of the word "tax."

7) When a governor announces job growth in his state, Romney sends him a message saying "ixnay on the good news! Spin it as bad news."

6) Republicans comb the news for new articles about energy, the economy etc and then comment "gee, I guess Barry doesn't care about X!" when the White House does not immediately issue a press release.

5) When the White House issues a press release about energy, the economy etc. right wingers comment "gee, I guess he doesn't have anything better to do than issue press releases!"

4) Every reply to a comment about the improving economy, increased oil production, housing price recovery, or reduction in unemployment starts with "but . . ."

As for the rest?

Maybe your sweat sir:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

10) Voter purges - they're baaaack!

9) When FOX News mistakenly announces that the ACA was defeated in the Supreme Court, they announce "The Obama administration has been dealt a crushing blow! Will this sink Obama's chances in the November elections?" When they realize it was really upheld, they announce "Voters outraged over Supreme Court decision! Will this sink Obama's chances in the November elections?"

You probably are not seeing adds in CA as the Dems figure that a safe state

But here in Iowa Obama (not a super pac) has been running adds for about 6 weeks here

The first 4 were on Bain capital. The last two (since Bain has not worked here) is on outsourcing jobs.
Why is Obama spending so much money so early in Iowa of all places?
Abraham Lincoln

>But here in Iowa Obama (not a super pac) has been running adds for about 6 weeks
>here

>The first 4 were on Bain capital. The last two (since Bain has not worked here) is on
>outsourcing jobs.
>Why is Obama spending so much money so early in Iowa of all places?

Same reason Romney is spending so much money so early in Pennsylvania I imagine.

[email]

>But here in Iowa Obama (not a super pac) has been running adds for about 6 weeks
>here

>The first 4 were on Bain capital. The last two (since Bain has not worked here) is on
>outsourcing jobs.

Same reason Romney is spending so much money so early in Pennsylvania I imagine.

Just seen a few Romney adds here

Iowa was supposed to be a safe Obama vote

I guess I was wrong
Abraham Lincoln

Signs the Dems are sweating bullets over the presidential election:

1) Lists like the OP

Signs the Reps are sweating bullets over the presidential election:

1) Skypiggie
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

1) Lists like the OP

1) Skypiggie

Yeah, we're going to need another metric if we're going to use users. They come, they sock puppet, they get banned . . . just sayin'.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

1) Lists like the OP

1) Skypiggie

Yeah, we're going to need another metric if we're going to use users. They come, they sock puppet, they get banned . . . just sayin'.

:D

Seems like a shot across the bow maybe?

:D
Abraham Lincoln

If they tell you offline, lemmeno too pretty please? I also suck at sockpuppet detection

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Who to?

I'm rubbish at spotting sockpuppets, who is Skypiggie supposed to be?

I have no idea to whom he was referencing

I just enjoyed the post in general

I have little if any idea who the sock puppets are here as I do not have access to ip address or anything

So, just to clarify, I cant spot them either
Abraham Lincoln

Who to?

I'm rubbish at spotting sockpuppets, who is Skypiggie supposed to be?

I don't think Skypiggie is a sock puppet. I'm pretty good at spotting them. It's more of a "feeling" based on vocabulary, grammar, misspellings (those are some of the best indicators) and the general "rythm and cadence" of the post. Reading it out loud helps with that.

I think Quade was making a general reference.
And I think he got the order wrong - Poster, ban imposed, then the sockpuppet.

Paying attention to who is posting stuff they are likely to get banned over is another way of spotting them - especially the really prolific ones.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

CNN said exactly the same things, and for 4x as long as Fox who actually caught their mistake rather quickly.

Clearly a case of journalistic fever, not partisan fear.

>CNN said exactly the same things

Agreed, minus the "will this sink Obama?" lines (which are standard FOX fare for any issue, not just this one.)

On television, on its website, and in breaking news alerts, CNN announced that the individual mandate had been struck down. CNN political reporter John King described it as "a dramatic blow to the policy and to the President, politically."

Romney's June fundraising outpaces Obama's
Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney appears to be collecting more money from big donors than President Obama. June fundraising figures will be available later this month.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2012/0710/Romney-s-June-fundraising-outpaces-Obama-s
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney appears to be collecting more money from big donors than President Obama. June fundraising figures will be available later this month.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2012/0710/Romney-s-June-fundraising-outpaces-Obama-s

Yes, now that the SCOTUS has allowed billionaires to buy elections, I would expect nothing less.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yes, now that the SCOTUS has allowed billionaires to buy elections, I would expect nothing less.

A billionaire bought the last one.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

[email]

>here

>outsourcing jobs.

Just seen a few Romney adds here

Iowa was supposed to be a safe Obama vote

I guess I was wrong

I don't really notice it (since I try to ignore ads and don't watch much TV) but my daughter pointed out that Obama ads are outpacing Romney ads by a wide margin here in VA. VA has been mostly a Republican presidential state for 40+ years but Obama won it last time. I haven't paid attention to state polls here but will have to look at it.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

But enough about Soros.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706