davjohns

Caucasian Americans For Obama - Can't find the website

Can someone help me with this? I just found out about the African Americans for Obama Campaign. Watched the video where he proudly introduced it and gave the web address.

Where's the site for the caucasian campaign?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Can someone help me with this? I just found out about the African Americans for Obama Campaign. Watched the video where he proudly introduced it and gave the web address.

Where is the sarcasm icon?

Or are you as racist as the rest of the Republican Party and Teabaggers are?

You clearly don't have much knowlege of the history of the USA when it comes to race relations (seperate but equal, Executive Order 9066, for example), or you simply just don't care. The lack of caring produced ignorant racist bullshit.

I certainly know it when I see it. This is it.

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

While personally my first thought to this thread was that we have reached a new low.

Out of curiosity I did JFGI. While I can't post the links here...I just can't....it did give me some perspective of the hatred that some christian fanatics are so hell bent on.....jebus.

:|

I'm somewhat surprised we have survived as a species.

You've lost me with these comments. Are you calling me a christian fanatic?

All I want is for people to be treated equally without reference to their skin color. It's a pretty simple thing.

If wanting people to not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character makes me a fanatic, I'm a fanatic.

Then you've totall lost me. I did google it. It's on the barrackobama.com website. It has apparently been around since before the last election. The video I saw just announced the latest campaign. The same video is posted on the website.

I hope you are trying to tell me this is some elaborate hoax, because I'm tired of people drawing lines between races in this country and claiming it's in the name of equality.

I would like to see people look at a person and judge their merits for the office. Just once, I'd like the color of skin to not be an issue. I would like RELEVANT factors to be discussed and IRRELEVANT factors to not be at issue.

I guess I'm a fanatic. Just an idiot to believe equality is possible.

I think you just have to set it up for yourself. I am sure the CinC will be happy to introduce it just like he did the other one.

Not sure if this was tongue in cheek or not, but thanks for the grin.

I'm just sick of this whole garbage. When I was a kid growing up in the South, we didn't care what color your skin was. I honestly think this whole mess has gotten worse in the last twenty years because people keep drawing battle lines rather than erase them.

Ya I was just poking you. I know what you are saying. From an outsider's point of view we are always amazed at how every issue in the US seems to be seen through race based lenses. Up here it tends to be language/ region but never as intense as you guys have it.
Personally I thought the GOP blew the last presidential election by focusing on Obama's race rather than his economic policies.

When I was a kid growing up in the South, we didn't care what color your skin was. I honestly think this whole mess has gotten worse in the last twenty years because people keep drawing battle lines rather than erase them.

When was this? Historical data strongly indicates otherwise - which contributed to these battle lines you speak of.

Ya I was just poking you. I know what you are saying. From an outsider's point of view we are always amazed at how every issue in the US seems to be seen through race based lenses. Up here it tends to be language/ region but never as intense as you guys have it.
Personally I thought the GOP blew the last presidential election by focusing on Obama's race rather than his economic policies.

And I have no doubt that there are plenty in the GOP leadership that dislike the President because of his race. That's abhorent to me. So is stuff like this. I don't care about color of skin, gender, religion or any other factor that does not effect your ability as a President.

You can't encourage a race of people to vote FOR someone due to race and simultaneously chastize another group for voting AGAINST that person for the same reason. Both sides of that coin are not acting in the best interests of the country.

All I was saying is that I was troubled with some of the Google search results of "Caucasian Americans for Obama".

I completely missed that because I didn't search for that. I searched for the African Americans for Obama in hopes that the email that made it to me was in error.

Sorry. That wasn't terribly clear.

I received an email about the African Americans for Obama website. In hopes that it was not true, I did a google search. When I found out it was true, I posted here. There is no Caucasians for Obama website to my knowledge.

It's not "cool" to address racially divisive issues if you are Caucasian. It's not real and you just proclaim your racism if you do.
:S:S:S

We can either address it or ignore it.
As Kelpdiver would say, 'silence = consent'.

...and yes, ANY special interest group can create a page like that. What's the big deal?

For/Against Obama.org>

If it's any consolation, there is this:
http://www.americansagainstobama.com/

It's a better idea because it's politically motivated, not racially motivated.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

In my heart I believe this administration seeks to divide our country in every possible category. When we are all in conflict with everyone all the time, the government is free to exercise its own agenda.

At this point, I am not too sure the Republicans are any different than the Democrats.

If Romney gets elected and, if he can turn the economy around, then we can channel our conflict back to the NFL and NHL where it belongs.

I have doubts, serious doubts. I don't think it looks too good in the near future.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Where is the sarcasm icon?

Or are you as racist as the rest of the Republican Party and Teabaggers are?

You clearly don't have much knowlege of the history of the USA when it comes to race relations (seperate but equal, Executive Order 9066, for example), or you simply just don't care. The lack of caring produced ignorant racist bullshit.

I hope you keep posting here

For two reasons

1) I need a laugh every day
2) Your remind me to smile and look at the good

(something you should try)

Now, carry on :D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You can't encourage a race of people to vote FOR someone due to race and simultaneously chastize another group for voting AGAINST that person for the same reason.

You do realize that the website is not "African Americans for Any Guy Who Happens to Be Black", right?

Perhaps black Americans share more than just skin color. Perhaps they also share a common history, culture, food, religious ties, etc. Is it okay for them to bond over those things, or is any group of black people getting together for a common cause evidence of racism to you?

- Dan G

You can't encourage a race of people to vote FOR someone due to race and simultaneously chastize another group for voting AGAINST that person for the same reason.

You do realize that the website is not "African Americans for Any Guy Who Happens to Be Black", right?

Perhaps black Americans share more than just skin color. Perhaps they also share a common history, culture, food, religious ties, etc. Is it okay for them to bond over those things, or is any group of black people getting together for a common cause evidence of racism to you?

If it was just African Americans for Obama, then no problem. But it's not, it's "Black" African Americans for Obama, and that's racial.

Then, as already stated, it must be ok for another group who doesn't share a common culture, food, religious ties, etc., not to bond with the first group and indeed to work hard to put forward their own candidate with whom they do affiliate. Thus, ours is better than yours....

Yet when someone says that, they are accused of being racist.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone