ryoder

Is Some Homophobia Self-Phobia?

Classic homosexuality, males, is considered the result of choices made when raised by a weak or absent father and a strong dominant mother or mother figure.

I never have understood the phobia aspect.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Classic homosexuality, males, is considered the result of choices made when raised by a weak or absent father and a strong dominant mother or mother figure.

I would say that was ILL-considered ... or much more accurately ... Just plain bollocks.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I would say that was ILL-considered ... or much more accurately ... Just plain bollocks.

Classical or Freudian psychology.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I would tend to agree. I've always understood that 'real' or 'true' homosexuals are born that way. One does not suddenly choose to be a homosexual.

I've often thought that Freud suffered from most of the problems he saw in others.

Chuck

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Dude that's fucking funny:D:D:D

did you type that with a straight face:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I would tend to agree. I've always understood that 'real' or 'true' homosexuals are born that way. One does not suddenly choose to be a homosexual.

I've often thought that Freud suffered from most of the problems he saw in others.

Chuck

100% agree Chuck.

(.)Y(.)

It may make a pushover or a "nice guy", but a homosexual?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

The phobia part was invented as an attempt to put anyone who criticizes homosexuals, on the defensive. It's actually just stupid pop psychology.

Are whites and blacks drinking from the same water fountain pop psychology to you too? :)

I am hetero, but you just described my childhood. For me, that makes your theory B.S.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Chuck

I think Ron does too.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

I disagree with how they concluded "homosexual tendencies". They used visual subliminal message techniques, which have been widely discredited as junk.

no body discredits My junk .... O.K ... well actually she does......:(

(.)Y(.)

Chuck

Chuck

I think Ron does too.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Chuck

Holy crap. The father of my son died when our boy was young. Mom went horse riding, hunting, shooting and later skydiving, worked hard, still works a lot.

My now big boy is a happy hetero with a beautiful girl at his side.

What did I do wrong? ;)

Even folks at your age should try to realize how much has changed during the last century.

Doesn't your religion request you to *see with your heart*??

How could one be so blind?
[:/]

dudeist skydiver # 3105

>Is Some Homophobia Self-Phobia?

That and fear of being caught. Some people, because of ill-considered choices they've made in life, risk losing their families, jobs, power, respect etc if they admit they are gay - and that causes fear of discovery. Ted Haggard is an example of this. He had a real, concrete reason to be homophobic.

How old were you when you decided not to be a homosexual?

Bwhaaaa .... next birthday?

(.)Y(.)

I think that many people who are strongly anti gay have sexual identity issues themselves. Many of them probably get boners when thinking about dudes, get scared, and try to compensate by being strongly anti gay. I'm not talking about those who are anti gay because of their faith/religion here.

edited for clarity

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I disagree with how they concluded "homosexual tendencies". They used visual subliminal message techniques, which have been widely discredited as junk.

I agree. I think human sexuality is just too complex to reduce it to these rather simplistic studies with such small sample sizes...but I think it does raise a lot of questions that make for interesting conversation.

There are so many variables. People could have a physical and emotional attraction to the same sex that is beyond "normal" that could be perceived as homosexual behavior but stops short of sexual arousal.

There is also the idea of bi-sexuality that I think needs to be addressed. Could it be that many people just have a sexual attraction to both sexes and simply choose one side or the other? There are many men who say they are homosexual, but they still were able to have that emotional, physical and sexual attraction that allowed them the ability to be aroused by a woman, have sex and even raise a families.

There also seems to be so many different types of homosexuals...effeminate homosexuals, flamboyant homosexuals, extremely masculine homosexuals, and of course those like the ambiguously gay duo. Could it be that effeminate and flamboyant gays are the "true" homosexuals, and the masculine gays are simple bi-sexual? - I dunno, these are just some observations that I'm throwing out there to raise questions about their significance, if any...

Also, though it's not explicitly stated, doesn't it seem as though the article could be implying that homophobes are actually homosexuals that became heterosexual because of a series of choices they made based on the way they were raised?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

>Is Some Homophobia Self-Phobia?

That and fear of being caught. Some people, because of ill-considered choices they've made in life, risk losing their families, jobs, power, respect etc if they admit they are gay - and that causes fear of discovery. Ted Haggard is an example of this. He had a real, concrete reason to be homophobic.

Ya, imagine how alienated and alone they feel...it's like everyone's allowed to hate THEM!

The article seems to say sometime during adolescents if raised by bad parents.