jclalor

Florida Teen Shot

>I guess you were there then

Nope. Neither were you. Fortunately we have a system to bring all the people who WERE there to decide whether he was guilty or not. Cool, eh?

Yes, it is cool

And hopefully, if he goes to trial there is good reason too

That does not apear to be the case at this time however
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

***I just want normal proper procedure to be followed

I want justice ***

Those are two different concepts, often at odds with each other.

They are in this example
Abraham Lincoln

>That had doubled back on him, and was beating the shit out of him while telling him he
>was going to die. Let's not leave that very important part out.

Since you weren't there, you don't know that. That's the advantage of going to court - the defense can claim such things, and prove it with evidence they have gathered, and the prosecution can present the evidence that THEY have, and again use testimony from the people who were actually there.

Better than relying on people who read about it on the Internet, IMO.

>That had doubled back on him, and was beating the shit out of him while telling him he
>was going to die. Let's not leave that very important part out.

Since you weren't there, you don't know that. That's the advantage of going to court - the defense can claim such things, and prove it with evidence they have gathered, and the prosecution can present the evidence that THEY have, and again use testimony from the people who were actually there.

Better than relying on people who read about it on the Internet, IMO.

If they have the evidense to take it to court, you and I are in agreement

That is what is in question here however
Abraham Lincoln

Seems a number of people forget that is exactly what was happening.

Until the big show rolled into town.

It was happens when people get emotional and stop thinking
Abraham Lincoln

I'm predicting that this case will never see a judge and jury ...one way or another. The kangaroo court has already dropped the hammer.

How do you mean? Short of an assassin killing him, it will get to a judge at the least. The defense will try to get it stopped at that point under SYG. My suspicion is that they will fail to get a pre trial dismissal. Since he's out on bail again, the damage to him isn't as great as if he were in prison. (still sucks, but he didn't do himself any favors with the court in the last couple months).

I still don't see how there's enough evidence of any sort to get a conviction beyond doubt, but the jury selection process would be quite a circus if it gets to that point.

No, I want him to go to court because he killed an unarmed teenager.

That had doubled back on him, and was beating the shit out of him while telling him he was going to die. Let's not leave that very important part out.

How do you know this, because the defendent said so? OJ denied killing his wife too. The prisons are full of people who are completely innocent of any wrongdoing. Many of them weren't even present at the scene of the crimes for which they were convicted. Just ask them.

Personally, the only things Zimmerman said that I found credible were while he was talking to 911. After TM had been shot, GZ had every reason to claim self-defense. It might have been, it might not have been, but it either way it's logical for him to claim as much, so I don't put much stock in that.

Do I think GZ is racist? Maybe a little, maybe not at all, either way I doubt TM's race mattered. Do I think GZ feared death or substantially bodily harm when he pulled the trigger? Probably. The question I most want to see answered by a jury is whether GZ instigated, initiated, or otherwise provoked the confrontation. If so, I think the claim of self-defense should fail. If not, we'll know the question was honestly evaluated. That said, I think the prosecution is going to have their work cut out for them, given the status of the other party. But the alternative is to walk away and ignore the question. Personally, my gut feeling is that he probably did provoke the response from TM, at least to some extent, but he will likely be acquitted anyhow. I hope the case makes it to trial and I hope the jury gets it right, either way.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

OJ?
Seriously???

You do recall he was acquitted, right????

Absolutely. And he also loudly proclaimed his innocence. Do you think he was actually innocent? Or was he kind of, umm, fibbing just a tad when he said he didn't do it? :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

There are consequences to poorly thought out stupid decisions.

Yep, Zimmerman is paying the price.

And I guess you dont think TM is

Go figure
Abraham Lincoln

No, I want him to go to court because he killed an unarmed teenager.

That had doubled back on him, and was beating the shit out of him while telling him he was going to die. Let's not leave that very important part out.

Well, that's Z's version of the events. I wonder what TM's version is?

Our prisons are full of people who proclaim their innocence. Do you believe all of them?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Go figure

Well, we know Z made a decision that has backfired on him. We have no idea what TM's thought processes were, and no idea if Z is actually telling the truth about the events that night.

About all we do know FOR SURE is that TM is dead and that Z shot him. All else depends on whom you choose to believe.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Go figure

Well, we know Z made a decision that has backfired on him. We have no idea what TM's thought processes were, and no idea if Z is actually telling the truth about the events that night.

About all we do know FOR SURE is that TM is dead and that Z shot him. All else depends on whom you choose to believe.

And you have made it very clear you have your mind made up
Abraham Lincoln

I'm predicting that this case will never see a judge and jury ...one way or another. The kangaroo court has already dropped the hammer.

How do you mean? Short of an assassin killing him, it will get to a judge at the least. The defense will try to get it stopped at that point under SYG. My suspicion is that they will fail to get a pre trial dismissal. Since he's out on bail again, the damage to him isn't as great as if he were in prison. (still sucks, but he didn't do himself any favors with the court in the last couple months).

I still don't see how there's enough evidence of any sort to get a conviction beyond doubt, but the jury selection process would be quite a circus if it gets to that point.

Obviously "judges" have already been, and will continue to be, involved. I meant I don't think it will get to a "Judge and Jury" as in an actual trial. I don't believe SYG applies here but I agree that his atty will probably try to get it booted based on that. I'll just restate that it's my opinion that too many highly-placed, agenda-driven folks who have already invested too much into this case, politically and ideologically, can't allow a real trial to happen IF there is even a small chance that Zim is telling the truth. Of course, if Zim is actually guilty he'll eventually be convinced to plead anyway. The question of a real threat to his (and his family's) life?.. That will follow him forever, whether he spends time in prison or if he is exonerated. His assassin would probably be held up as a hero. But that's just my prediction.

Also, he is either guilty or not. Dumbass stuff he does on TV, etc. shouldn't have any bearing on his guilt or innocence but, of course, it does because this case is not driven by his guilt or innocence.

it does feel like they're muscling him to plead. But to what? The evidence is scant even for a manslaughter charge and the politics forced a nebulous murder two charge. Can the prosecution be happy with manslaughter, and why would he accept 5+ years in prison when he should be able to get a not guilty verdict? His wife's perjury can't result in a penalty nearly so significant.