jclalor

Florida Teen Shot

So Trayvon stood his ground after being pursued by Zimmerman.

If the scenario I proposed was what happened, SYG is not applicable, since it he would have been initiating the attack. Being followed is not the same as being attacked.

Trayvon ran. Zimmerman ran after him. That's not being followed - that's being pursued. At which point Martin stood his ground.

There is not one news report that stated Zimmerman ran after Martin

Please

at least in your self inflicted race blindness, at least get what little we do know straight:S

News reports are not admissible evidence. EVERYONE stop making up scenarios based on news reports, hearsay, and "eyewitness" reports from friends and family. Let the judicial system do its job.

Good advice

You should take it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

If the scenario I proposed was what happened, SYG is not applicable, since it he would have been initiating the attack. Being followed is not the same as being attacked.

Trayvon ran. Zimmerman ran after him. That's not being followed - that's being pursued. At which point Martin stood his ground.

Please

at least in your self inflicted race blindness, at least get what little we do know straight:S

News reports are not admissible evidence. EVERYONE stop making up scenarios based on news reports, hearsay, and "eyewitness" reports from friends and family. Let the judicial system do its job.

Good advice

You should take it

I have made the same comment (variously worded) all through this thread. Learn to read.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Please

Good advice

You should take it

I have made the same comment (variously worded) all through this thread. Learn to read.

As have I

You should try and keep up
Abraham Lincoln

Please

Good advice

You should take it

As have I

You contradict yourself and don't even realize it.

Please

Good advice

You should take it

As have I

I keep forgetting that as a liberal

You expect others to do as you say

Not as you do
Abraham Lincoln

Please

Good advice

You should take it

As have I

I keep forgetting that as a liberal

You expect others to do as you say

Not as you do

Your post #1399 is at variance with your most recent claim of impartiality.

As you say

Not as you do

:D:D

But I guess all the comments you made are on first hand knowlege:D:D

And only YOU are qualified (in your own mind) to have an opinion based on what you have learned:D

THEN, you make a fuck stupid remark about news reports not being evidence..

Has anyone here said they are??:D

Keep it up John

this is fun:D

Abraham Lincoln

Uh, oh. Here comes the famous Kallend tap dance. Calling Z a vigilante is most definitely taking sides.

Nope. It is simply an accurate description of an Hispanic neighborhood watchman.

I, for one, applaud you for the use of the term in a manner that neglects the clear connotations of the word in this context as a clear gesture of respect for the english and spanish languages and in deference for latino cultures as well. Surely you would be very comfortable using the term 'gay', 'negro', etc as sterile unemotional terms as well in any environment or any group of people.

this is very fitting also, since Speaker's Corner absolutely NEVER has semantics-based pissing contests by people just trying to win some minor point on a matter of impotent subjective triviality.

golf clap

Edit: Actually, I kinda find the wry application of 'groceries' and the dorky application of a neutral 'vigilante' reference kinda funny

However - it's pretty much equivalent to calling George by the name "Jorge" - so a deduction for quality points there (unless it's a mockery of the "Jorge" stuff - then I'd add points)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Uh, oh. Here comes the famous Kallend tap dance. Calling Z a vigilante is most definitely taking sides.

Nope. It is simply an accurate description of an Hispanic neighborhood watchman.

I, for one, applaud you for the use of the term in a manner that neglects the clear connotations of the word in this context as a clear gesture of respect for the english and spanish languages and in deference for latino cultures as well. Surely you would be very comfortable using the term 'gay', 'negro', etc as sterile unemotional terms as well in any environment or any group of people.

this is very fitting also, since Speaker's Corner absolutely NEVER has semantics-based pissing contests by people just trying to win some minor point on a matter of impotent subjective triviality.

golf clap

Edit: Actually, I kinda find the wry application of 'groceries' and the dorky application of a neutral 'vigilante' reference kinda funny

However - it's pretty much equivalent to calling George by the name "Jorge" - so a deduction for quality points there (unless it's a mockery of the "Jorge" stuff - then I'd add points)

We aim to please.

EVERYONE stop making up scenarios based on news reports, hearsay, and "eyewitness" reports from friends and family. Let the judicial system do its job.

Well, if we did that, SC would be a ghost town.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Why is it that so many people are trying to turn this into a race issue?
There is no evidence of a race driven hate crime in this case.
The media has tried to spin this into a race thing just like the duke lacrosse scandal they rode into the ground.
The media had little, if any coverage of the little boy who was lit on fire and told thats what he gets for being white.
A white kid being burned by two black teens for being white sure sounds like a hate crime,yet no huge outcry.
Just saying.

...The Miami-Dade Fire and Rescue Department opened an investigation into a racist post on one of its captains’ Facebook page. According to The Grio, Brian Beckmann, a captain in the Miami-Dade fire department, posted a rant on his Facebook page suggesting that Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman was unjustly accused and that Martin’s killing can be blamed upon poor parenting by “urban” parents who are “welfare dependent”...

So a stereo typing EMT post,makes Zimmerman a bigot?
Did Zimmerman not lead a petition on behalf of black citizens whom he thought were harassed by the police?
In this case,the media once again is using the race card to stir things up,along with anything else that can be spun up.
They use the same tactics when reporting on skydiving mishaps (both parachutes failed ect,ect,ect).
Like the Eagles song Dirty laundry "the bubble headed bleach blonde comes on at five,tell ya bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye....."

So a stereo typing EMT post,makes Zimmerman a bigot?
Did Zimmerman not lead a petition on behalf of black citizens whom he thought were harassed by the police?
In this case,the media once again is using the race card to stir things up,along with anything else that can be spun up.
They use the same tactics when reporting on skydiving mishaps (both parachutes failed ect,ect,ect).
Like the Eagles song Dirty laundry "the bubble headed bleach blonde come on at five,tell ya bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye....."

I think that one was Don Henley. :)
The best things in life are dangerous.

EVERYONE stop making up scenarios based on news reports, hearsay, and "eyewitness" reports from friends and family. Let the judicial system do its job.

Well, if we did that, SC would be a ghost town.[:/]

Population 1 - Kallend.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...The Miami-Dade Fire and Rescue Department opened an investigation into a racist post on one of its captains’ Facebook page. According to The Grio, Brian Beckmann, a captain in the Miami-Dade fire department, posted a rant on his Facebook page suggesting that Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman was unjustly accused and that Martin’s killing can be blamed upon poor parenting by “urban” parents who are “welfare dependent”...

That was a racist comment?
Really? Are you kidding me?
Only a really sick person would qualify that as a racist remark. Are you equating the word "urban" with black? Welfare dependent" equals black?

Obviously, the complainant has issues.
And who the hell is "The Grio"?

Oh....never mind. You've busted your own self.

"TheGrio.com is the first African American news video community featuring original videos and articles on breaking news, opinion, politics, health, money..."

dude. that slant you are standing on is a slippery slope.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239