gjhdiver

Another Pro-Life Moron steps on his dick

Quote:

"The ranks of the bamboozled include MSNBC and the New York Times."
So I guess those news organizations are moron's too?

"In late March 2004, Deborah Norville of MSNBC presented as genuine an article titled "Study: 58 Percent Of U.S. Exercise Televised"."

Yep, moron.

"In April 2011, the New York Times took an article that was several years old seriously. The article talks about President Obama on the cover of the magazine Tiger Beat with an image of the magazine inside."

Possibly morons. I don't know what Tiger Beat is or how plausible that story would be.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Are all pro-life people morons?

Whilst I hate to cast all of them in the same light, the ones I've come into regular contact with over the years sure fit the bill.

Why, because their idea of taking responsibility for your body/actions does not include killing your child?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Quote:

"In late March 2004, Deborah Norville of MSNBC presented as genuine an article titled "Study: 58 Percent Of U.S. Exercise Televised"."

Yep, moron.

"In April 2011, the New York Times took an article that was several years old seriously. The article talks about President Obama on the cover of the magazine Tiger Beat with an image of the magazine inside."

Possibly morons. I don't know what Tiger Beat is or how plausible that story would be.

Tiger Beat. Teen fan magazine.
Anyone that believes Obama was on the cover of it (along with Hannah Montana, Justin Beiber and whatever little twerp is "hot" right now) is a...

Moron. :D:D:D
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Quote:

Yep, moron.

So you might label individual newsmen within those organizations as morons, but does that apply to the entire organization too, consisting of hundreds of people? Does the presence of one moron, make everyone else morons too?

If some skydivers are morons, does that mean that all skydivers, and also the USPA are morons too?

So you might label individual newsmen within those organizations as morons, but does that apply to the entire organization too, consisting of hundreds of people? Does the presence of one moron, make everyone else morons too?

If I started a thread about the MSNBC woman and said "another moron reporter..." would I be labelling all reporters as morons?

If I started a thread about the MSNBC woman and said "another moron reporter..." would I be labelling all reporters as morons?

So then you disagree with the practice of taking one or a few isolated examples, and extrapolating that behavior to characterize an entire group?

>So then you disagree with the practice of taking one or a few isolated examples, and
>extrapolating that behavior to characterize an entire group?

Next thing you know someone will start calling people who disagree with them on gun control "gun-o-phobes."

So then you disagree with the practice of taking one or a few isolated examples, and extrapolating that behavior to characterize an entire group?

Non-sequitur. Whether I agree or disagree there's no way you could infer my stance from the previous post.

So then you agree with the practice of making false assumptions and attributing false statements to others?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

> So then you disagree with the practice of taking one or a few isolated examples, and
> extrapolating that behavior to characterize an entire group?

Next thing you know someone will start calling people who disagree with them on gun control "gun-o-phobes."

The term "gun-o-phobe" is not a pejorative term, it's a descriptive term. It simply means someone who is afraid of guns, in the same way that an acrophobe is someone who is afraid of heights. It says nothing negative about them as a person, but simply accurately describes their feelings on a subject.

The word "moron", on the other hand, is quite different. It's definitely a pejorative, intended to criticize someone's intelligence and judgement.

So, comparing my use of the word gun-o-phobe to the use of the word moron, is an invalid comparison.

>The term "gun-o-phobe" is not a pejorative term, it's a descriptive term.

So someone could call you an Islamophobe or a homophobe and you would not find it pejorative?

It is clear that you use the term "gun-o-phobe" as a pejorative; you often describe how hypocritical, stupid, ignorant etc such people are. You pigeonhole anyone who disagrees with you over gun control as one of those "gun-o-phobes." Which is fine; that's what SC is for.

It is funny to see you offended when other people do the same thing, though.

So someone could call you an Islamophobe or a homophobe and you would not find it pejorative?

It is clear that you use the term "gun-o-phobe" as a pejorative; you often describe how hypocritical, stupid, ignorant etc such people are. You pigeonhole anyone who disagrees with you over gun control as one of those "gun-o-phobes." Which is fine; that's what SC is for.

Like the term, denier, that you use?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Who are you calling a denier? I am not!

Who are you calling a denier? I am not!
:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>> The term "gun-o-phobe" is not a pejorative term, it's a descriptive term.

> So someone could call you an Islamophobe or a homophobe and you would not find it pejorative?

If it were true it would be descriptive. In my case, it's not true.

> It is clear that you use the term "gun-o-phobe" as a pejorative; you often describe how
> hypocritical, stupid, ignorant etc such people are. You pigeonhole anyone who disagrees
> with you over gun control as one of those "gun-o-phobes." Which is fine; that's what SC is
> for.

"Play the ball, not the player." - Does that sound familiar to you?

You can take it any way you want. But when I use the term, I'm using it as a descriptive term, and I'm the one that knows what my true motives are.

You should take some deep breathes and back away from your keyboard for a few minutes. Your one warning.

I'd cut him some slack. Some of The Onion stuff is so well done that if a person had no exposure to that flavor of comedic relief they could be honestly deceived.

If he picked up a hard copy and didn't get it, that might fall into the extremely naive category, but exposure to a single online article is different.

Had a boss once that was a genuine silver spoon type. Had to drive a few hours back from a meeting instead of fly, due to weather. Stopped at a McD's and he sat down and was waiting for the waitron. 50-some years old and had never been to an eatery without waitrons. Some people are that far removed from what most consider routine exposure.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

You can take it any way you want. But when I use the term, I'm using it as a descriptive term, and I'm the one that knows what my true motives are.

Sure. You're the only one. Funny thing is, many others do see it different. Many. :P But, as long as you believe in yourself .... the world is vertical for you. B|

You should take some deep breathes and back away from your keyboard for a few minutes. Your one warning.

What? You wanna take over a mods job? Heaven help.

Very soon, DZ.com would be renamed into WO.com. (weaponsonline)B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105