dreamdancer

Bradley Manning Hearing Ends with No Clear Sign of Harm Done to US

he was the person who could do something about the abuses - which he did.

Nope. He sent out other stuff not relating to specific abuses also. If he really wanted to champion something. . . getting himself arrested, destroying his credibility, costing the taxpayers millions, and destroying the careers of servicemembers not involved with the "crimes" he was "exposing". . .definitely not the right way of going about doing things. He was only "championing" his own spoiled selfish bad attitude.

he did what he could when he could how he could. what he did not do was do nothing...

And this is where we differ. You believe he was trying to perform some sort of sacrifical whistle-blowing; my experience with these types is, they are in it for themselves and could care less with the "autrocities" being "exposed". They just want to throw a wrench in the gears because it's the only way they can be acccepted. Negative attention-getting.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Nope. He sent out other stuff not relating to specific abuses also. If he really wanted to champion something. . . getting himself arrested, destroying his credibility, costing the taxpayers millions, and destroying the careers of servicemembers not involved with the "crimes" he was "exposing". . .definitely not the right way of going about doing things. He was only "championing" his own spoiled selfish bad attitude.

he did what he could when he could how he could. what he did not do was do nothing...

And this is where we differ. You believe he was trying to perform some sort of sacrifical whistle-blowing; my experience with these types is, they are in it for themselves and could care less with the "autrocities" being "exposed". They just want to throw a wrench in the gears because it's the only way they can be acccepted. Negative attention-getting.

From what I've read about Manning, he definately has 'problems'. He's quoted expressing 'troubles' with the Army, his family and boy friend. He stated that he felt 'left-out'. I tend to agree with what you said in regard to his looking for attention. Had he done 'nothing' and just did his job, he wouldn't have his fanny in the crack it's in now. He had every intention of 'leaking' all the classified material he could.

Chuck

throwing a wrench in the gears gets you 'accepted' - i think not...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Hmm. . .got accepted by the Wikileaks crowd. Got accepted by those who believe he's a do-right.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Hmm. . .got accepted by the Wikileaks crowd. Got accepted by those who believe he's a do-right.

from a prison cell - so not much 'acceptance' there. you're grasping at straws - he acted for the greater good and that is pretty obvious from the stuff that got released. the state of course will get its revenge - and assange next...

from a prison cell - so not much 'acceptance' there. you're grasping at straws - he acted for the greater good and that is pretty obvious from the stuff that got released. the state of course will get its revenge - and assange next...

Doesn't matter of he's in a prison cell now. He got his instant gratification then. And he is still getting now, regardless of his prison cell.

There's no grasping at straws here. It's actually common that people who do this are short-sighted of their future. The only grasping at straws here is your belief that he did something for a greater cause when all evidence is against this notion.

It's not revenge. It's called punishment. that's what happens when you commit a serious crime. .

Psychology...ain't it great..?
:S

Let the crazies do anything in the name of secrecy. Yeah, that's it.

Then wake up one day saying, "how the hell did we get into THIS mess."

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I'll give you the point you're comparing it to can be quite difficult.
You're not allowed to disobey a LAWFUL order.
If it's clearly out of line, I would hope there really wouldn't be an issue with a nutty commander.

That's NOT this case.
Releasing classified information puts us all at risk.
He swore he would protect that.
He violated the allegiance he swore to.
Let him rot in a military solitary confinement cell.
Like the others that have done the same.

Our differences aside, I wish you the best Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. May the next year provide you with more successes and accomplishments and happiness you deserve. I look forward to more discussions. Keep your self safe and content!

Jerry.

If it's clearly out of line, I would hope there really wouldn't be an issue with a nutty commander.

Mandrake, do you recall what Clemenceau once said about war?

He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>from a prison cell - so not much 'acceptance' there.

You think he's a hero. Obviously some people do a lot more than "accept" him. Which, of course, is what he wants.

i think he acted responsibly - the state now want to martyr him. which of course you agree with. and once he's been dispensed with on to assange...

He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

"Mandrake, have you ever seen a Commie drink a glass of water?"

Ahem... The Duty Officer asked General Ripper to confirm the fact that he *had* issued the go code, and he said, uh, "Yes gentlemen, they are on their way in, and no one can bring them back. For the sake of our country, and our way of life, I suggest you get the rest of SAC in after them. Otherwise, we will be totally destroyed by Red retaliation. Uh, my boys will give you the best kind of start, 1400 megatons worth, and you sure as hell won't stop them now, uhuh! Uh, so let's get going, there's no other choice. God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural... fluids. God bless you all" and he hung up....

Uh, we're, still trying to figure out the meaning of that last phrase, sir.

Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Ahem... The Duty Officer asked General Ripper to confirm the fact that he *had* issued the go code, and he said, uh, "Yes gentlemen, they are on their way in, and no one can bring them back. For the sake of our country, and our way of life, I suggest you get the rest of SAC in after them. Otherwise, we will be totally destroyed by Red retaliation. Uh, my boys will give you the best kind of start, 1400 megatons worth, and you sure as hell won't stop them now, uhuh! Uh, so let's get going, there's no other choice. God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural... fluids. God bless you all" and he hung up....

Uh, we're, still trying to figure out the meaning of that last phrase, sir.

"There's nothing to figure out, General Turgidson. This man is obviously a psychotic."

:D Man, I love that movie!

"I think you're some kind of deviated prevert. I think General Ripper found out about your preversion, and that you were organizing some kind of mutiny of preverts. Now MOVE!"

He acted totally irresponsibly! Manning, by his own admission, felt 'troubles' with the Army, his family and boyfriend. He was looking to be 'noticed' and struggled with the idea of releasing classified information. From reading about Pvt. Manning, he suffers from depression. For the heck of it, google Bradley Manning and check-out what wikipedia says about him. You and too many others are trying to make him some sort of hero. Either that or you're just keeping the pot stirred. Well, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. He failed to uphold the oath he took when he entered the Army... plain and simple.

Chuck

He acted totally irresponsibly! Manning, by his own admission, felt 'troubles' with the Army, his family and boyfriend. He was looking to be 'noticed' and struggled with the idea of releasing classified information. From reading about Pvt. Manning, he suffers from depression. For the heck of it, google Bradley Manning and check-out what wikipedia says about him. You and too many others are trying to make him some sort of hero. Either that or you're just keeping the pot stirred. Well, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. He failed to uphold the oath he took when he entered the Army... plain and simple.

Chuck

like most of us not a perfect human being - but he was the right person at the right time with access to the right information. it's good to see a little more light shone on the state and its secrets...

Chuck

like most of us not a perfect human being - but he was the right person at the right time with access to the right information. it's good to see a little more light shone on the state and its secrets...

Wrong answer! He was a depressed, attention seeking, un-trustworthy, who broke the rules. Now, it's pay-up time.
Instead of leaking information, he should've sought help for his depression. People do make bad choices!! That's just what he did.

Chuck

Chuck

Wrong answer! He was a depressed, attention seeking, un-trustworthy, who broke the rules. Now, it's pay-up time.
Instead of leaking information, he should've sought help for his depression. People do make bad choices!! That's just what he did.

Chuck

the helicopter pilot who murdered civilians from the safety of his gunship made the bad choice - manning made the right one...

Can you at least be specific about your complaints, since you won't bother to link to it. I don't want to address your concern with facts and them have you claim you meant another incident.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

and because of manning we know that the us military routinely handed over suspects for torture...

Golly.......! It be a revelation here on DZ.com how DD has access to all of the inside knowledge he has. Economics, Politics, Military law, Quantum physics, Astro-biology, even insight into the most secretive terrorist organizations that MI-5 and the CIA have been trying to crack for years. DD even has the straight G2 on gun camera footage, released by the US military. By gum,...... those civilians carrying RPGs and AK47's reeeaaaaaly are...uhhhh.... Weelll, we''ll just get the spin from DD. They can't fool DD.
Not to EVEN mention cattle ranching in Dartmoor swamp. Amazing. And, by gawd, DD is always right, too. Amazing, fuggin' amazing....!
We can only hope that the Nobel awards committee is watching and on board.