dreamdancer

Bradley Manning Hearing Ends with No Clear Sign of Harm Done to US

They would have shot him dead on the spot.

That's the difference that some of these folks don't "get".

he might have been dead but millions of lives would have been saved...

You can 'what if', till you're blue in the face but that does NOT change history... you can't do it. The Japanese wanted full control of the Pacific. They were trying everything they had. War is war and sadly, lives get lost. That's the price ya' pay.

stir,stir,stir...

Chuck

and you can 'what if' about any damage done to the us by manning and wikileaks. so far none has been shown. but lives were definitely saved...

I haven't 'what if'd' anything about Manning! Nice try... keep diggin. You remind me of a horse pawing the ground. They just keep pawing and get absolutely nowhere! :D

Chuck

>but no war with japan.

Uh huh.

In any case you didn't answer my question - would you have wanted some leaker to tell the world news the details of the invasion we planned on June 6, 1944?

would you have wanted a japanese leaker to warn us of pearl harbour?
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

>would you have wanted a japanese leaker to warn us of pearl harbour?

I'll answer your question if you answer mine. I have now asked it three times. Would you have wanted some leaker to tell the world news the details of the invasion we planned on June 6, 1944?

>I don't know, maybe I'm just a citizen that wants government accountability and
>transparency and NOT some group of blind-faith, purple-koolaid-drinking drones letting
>them do whatever they want whenever they want....? Including the military.

Would you have wanted some leaker to tell the world news the details of the invasion we planned on June 6, 1944? Say, two weeks before it happened? To keep the government accountable and transparent?

You realize, of course, that this is precisely what happened.

Fearing that the piecemeal picture assembled by various news organizations working within the constraints of censorship could inadvertantly cause damage, Eisenhower organized a closed gathering of all the key correspondents. He then gave a briefing on Operation Overlord in great detail, and then told all present that the lives of the parties involved were now in their hands.

Very hard drinking correspondents were found to abstain until the invasion was on, and most slept badly for fear of saying something in their sleep that might get someone killed.

While I agree with your point in general (if it is critical and I do not need to know about it, I do not want to hear about it), you happened to pick an instance where the approach you suggested was the one that was - successfully - taken.

Ironic, eh?

BSBD,

Winsor

I'll answer your question if you answer mine. I have now asked it three times. Would you have wanted some leaker to tell the world news the details of the invasion we planned on June 6, 1944?

didn't get an answer the last time you used the 'i'll answer your question if you answer mine' so not wandering there again. would you have wanted a janese leaker warning us of pearl harbour? millions of lives could have been saved. no hiroshima...

We would have still gone to war with Japan.

without pearl harbour?

Yup!

Most likely, Japan would still have gone to war with us. If Pearl Harbor were skipped, they just would have done the rest of the damage. 3000 sailors would have alive longer, though have to imagine some would still perish in battle later.

So is this the education dd got in England? Or I guess to be fair, it paid more attention to the European theater and his country's experience.

meanwhile no one has posted any evidence that the us was damaged by wikileaks...

Other than the millions spent sending the Sec of State to every "offended" country to apologize, leaked documents being quoted by declared enemies as a reason for the recent attacks in the middle east on US facilities. National leaders aligning themselves with the "other country" if there is a war. All in response to the leaks, nope nothing happened.

But it still does not mean Manning was innocent of breaking the UCMJ, for which is was tried. He entered into a contract to follow that law. He in no way was put in a position to disobey an unlawful order, he instead broke lawful orders in an attention getting move.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

didn't get an answer the last time you used the 'i'll answer your question if you answer mine' so not wandering there again.

You're completely full of it. Your reputation for refusing to answer direct questions, while jerking everyone else around, precedes you.

didn't get an answer the last time you used the 'i'll answer your question if you answer mine' so not wandering there again. would you have wanted a janese leaker warning us of pearl harbour? millions of lives could have been saved. no hiroshima...

Oh, Good God! :|

Chuck

Chuck

I guess he is ignoring the Japanese Emperor and his quest, prior to Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor was an attempt at keeping the US from stepping in to aid the rest of the Pacific against Japan, they did not think we would rebuild fast enough and thought we would be to wounded to want to fight, oops!

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Chuck

I guess he is ignoring the Japanese Emperor and his quest, prior to Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor was an attempt at keeping the US from stepping in to aid the rest of the Pacific against Japan, they did not think we would rebuild fast enough and thought we would be to wounded to want to fight, oops!

Matt

Second guessing will do that. We did kinda put the exclamation mark on it at Nagasaki and Hiroshima!

Chuck

Chuck

Matt

Thirteen Pacific Invasions changed their tune.

Chuck

without pearl harbour?

Yes. At that point in time, given what else the Japanese were doing in the Pacific, proof of a planned Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor would have been enough for Roosevelt to declare war.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Not Billvon, but yes, I would want a japanese leaker to tell us of Pearl Harbor, and if someone had leaked the D Day invasion, he should be shot. Why? I want what is best for my country. Call it selfish, but the welfare of all other countries is secondary. The utopian world society where every nation looks out for every one else does not exist, or work. So we take care of home. In a sentence, don't shit where you eat. ;)
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Chuck

Matt

and if pearl harbour had been rumbled they might have had second thoughts about starting a war...

without pearl harbour?

Yes. At that point in time, given what else the Japanese were doing in the Pacific, proof of a planned Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor would have been enough for Roosevelt to declare war.

you're probably right. japan and the us were heading for war same as iran and the us are heading to war at the moment. it was probably inevitable. on the other hand a japanese leaker would have prevented pearl harbour and roosevelt may have waited a bit longer...