JohnRich

Yet another thread for venting your hatred for the war!

News:

U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK) today released a new oversight report, “Wastebook 2011” that highlights over $6.5 billion in examples of some of the most egregious ways your taxpayer dollars were wasted. This report details 100 of the countless unnecessary, duplicative and low-priority projects spread throughout the federal government.
Introduction:
http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/6946d43b-bccf-4579-990e-15a763532b40.html

Full report (pdf):
http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?a=Files.Serve&File_id=b69a6ebd-7ebe-41b7-bb03-c25a5e194365

Pick a favorite!

$30 million for Pakistani mango farmers?
$550,000 for a documentary about how rock music contributed to the collapse of the Soviet Union?
$765,828 to subsidize “pancakes for yuppies”?
$18 million in foreign aid to China?
$484,000 to build pizza restaurants?
The list goes on and on...

Chicken feed stuff.
Why did he omit the $TRILLION+ spent on a war started under false pretenses.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Chicken feed stuff.

You mean like Bill Clinton, John Kerry, Hillary, and others who said that Saddam had such weapons ?

Which one of them ordered the invasion?

Chicken feed stuff.

You mean like Bill Clinton, John Kerry, Hillary, and others who said that Saddam had such weapons ?

Bill Clinton set the stage with the Public Law 105-235 and the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998.

As for Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Kerry...
Clinton (D-NY), Yea
Kerry (D-MA), Yea

Back to you for the next attempt to distract.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

To me, that's a good reason for a lne-item veto power to the president. Cut the riders getting money to frivilous things.

Chuck

I agree with the concept, but that's a sword that cuts both ways depending on the President at the time.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

To me, that's a good reason for a lne-item veto power to the president. Cut the riders getting money to frivilous things.

Chuck

I agree with the concept, but that's a sword that cuts both ways depending on the President at the time.

I can sure see your thinking on this. Good Lord! These elected officials have run us into the ground with stupid spending. I do believe that most of it is to appeal to the voters so they can keep 'serving' themselves. I'm curious what would happen if, riders were cut-out completely. Some Senator or congressman wants something for some special interest, let him introduce a seperate bill. I don't know. It all comes across to me like a 'gotchya' by the short hairs'!

Chuck

Not a fan of the separation of powers from the Founders?

The Executive Branch already dominates the other two. Why would increasing this be a good thing?

Chicken feed stuff.

Bill Clinton set the stage with the Public Law 105-235 and the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998.

As for Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Kerry...
Clinton (D-NY), Yea
Kerry (D-MA), Yea

Back to you for the next attempt to distract.

But WHO ordered the invasion? Who was the CinC that ordered the tanks to cross the border? Who's White House controlled the intel given to the Congress and the public?

>>Which one of them ordered the invasion?

>Bill Clinton . . .

It seems like only yesterday that the right wingers were swelling with pride that their hero GWB had taken action against the evil Saddam Hussein. Wave another flag! Cue the patriotic music and show another picture of the Twin Towers! Now they're trying to blame the war on Clinton.

Reality can really come back and bite you in the ass sometimes.

If that's the logic, then didn't Bush Sr. set the stage by invading it the first time, leaving it standing with full Guard strength, and then signing an inadequate surrender treaty?

If that's the logic, then didn't Bush Sr. set the stage by invading it the first time, leaving it standing with full Guard strength, and then signing an inadequate surrender treaty?

If it had been a solo effort by the US, sure - however, the UN coalition wasn't in favor of overthrowing Hussein.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That's hilarious. The UN. You mean the organization that told GWB they couldn't find any WMD's?

So Bush Sr. is bad for going with what the UN wanted, and Bush Jr. is bad for going against what the UN wanted?

Nice set of mutually inconsistent statements you have, there.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706