rushmc

Obama Approval 8 Pts Lower Than Carter

>not enough time left for someone new to come, so if there is a third, it's Cain or Paul.

You don't think Huntsman will make a run? (Although then it would be sort of Mitt vs Mitt.)

Stewart already noted how in the Iowa Caucus he placed second among Mormons despite being the only one campaigning.

At best he's getting his name known so he could run a respectable campaign in 2016.

If he was a democrat, he would have long ago been massacred and stepped out of the race by now. Eliot Spitzer is another name...

Spitzer spent his life going after whales and prosecuting them. It's no surprise that he got taken down hard when caught acting outside the lines. It had nothing to do with him being a Democrat.

Gary Hart is an obvious counterexample. Even after Donna Rice was found, he continued to run. Damaging, no doubt, but it didn't cripple the campaign.

Shall we not forget this one... but remember a good christian may not be perfect byt he is forgiven... right??

from Wiki

***In early July 2007, Vitter's phone number was included in a published list of phone records of Pamela Martin and Associates, a company owned and run by Deborah Jeane Palfrey, also known as the "D.C. Madam", convicted by the U.S. government for running a prostitution service. Hustler identified the phone number and contacted Vitter's office to ask about his connection to Palfrey.[19][20] The following day, Vitter issued a written statement in which he took responsibility for his sin and asked for forgiveness.[21] On July 16, 2007, after a week of self-imposed seclusion, Vitter emerged and called a news conference. Standing next to his wife, Vitter asked the public for forgiveness. Following Vitter's remarks, Wendy Vitter, his wife, spoke. Both refused to answer any questions.[22][23][24]

While the Louisiana state Republican Party offered guarded support,[25] national Republicans offered forgiveness.[26] The Nation predicted that the Republican Party would be in a "forgiving mood", pointing out if Vitter did step down, then Governor of Louisiana, Kathleen Blanco, a Democrat, would likely appoint a Democrat to take Vitter's place until a special election took place, thus increasing Democratic control over the Senate.[27][28][29]

Vitter has not faced criminal charges due to the statute of limitations.[30] There were renewed calls for Vitter's resignation during a sexting scandal involving U.S. Representative Anthony Weiner in June 2011.[31]

You want to start a link war? There are probably THOUSANDS of them that would apply to all sides...

You go right ahead dear if that is your desire.. but it will be a rather unbalanced battle based on just the antics of one party in the last 11 years. We have played this game before and it always interesting at how unbalanced it is when the comparison is done especially based on recent events as opposed to the other party that you have to go back 40 years or so to balance the daliances of the Family Values Party in the last 10 years.

Ask yourself though, which one wears that family values banner on their sleeves again??

Which one has laid claim to the "moral majority"??

Which one is it that tries during every session to legislate the morality of the country, all while failing so miserably in their own lives??

Which one has taken fooling the fools to previously unattainable heights by fooling the fools over and over and over????

Gary Hart is an obvious counterexample. Even after Donna Rice was found, he continued to run. Damaging, no doubt, but it didn't cripple the campaign.

Hart's real mistake was challenging the press. Essentially he said, "I dare you to find anything!"

Well, that right there shows a certain lack of judgement because he obviously knew there was something to find and while a lot of people have disdain for the press, challenging them or dismissing their ability to dig up dirt is never a good idea.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I don't have all the time in the world to research and be brainwashed by others, so here is what I could find before I got to work. It is a list of FEDERAL political scandals. Quickly counting up I found the names of 110 Republicans involved, and 91 Democrats.

I believe this supports what I said earlier, that corruptness applies to all sides, before you had to shoot a flamethrower down the isle and try to divide us all again here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_political_scandals_in_the_United_States

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

So... republicans are bad because they set high standards and fail from time to time, and democrats are good because they set low standards and still fail?

it's a bit confusing, but I don't think it's about "good" and "bad" - just that vaguely argued definition of 'hypocrisy'

I think their (not mine) argument is even simpler: Democrats are not hypocrits because they refuse to stand for anything - therefore all actions can be rationalized.

or something like that - it's gets a bit muddled in my head when they try to put the D's and R's into big stereotyped buckets rather than assess the politician's actual actions regardless of party.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

So... republicans are bad because they set high standards and fail from time to time, and democrats are good because they set low standards and still fail?

Politicians of all flavors are bad if they expect their constituents to meet some standard they themselves fall short of. Flaws being roughly equal, I prefer people who acknowledge them to those who pretend they don't exist (my opinion on this is not limited to politics.)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Hart's real mistake was challenging the press. Essentially he said, "I dare you to find anything!"

Well, that right there shows a certain lack of judgement because he obviously knew there was something to find and while a lot of people have disdain for the press, challenging them or dismissing their ability to dig up dirt is never a good idea.

That sort of arrogance is intriguing. It's seem illogical to behave this way, but if you have that sort of mentality I guess it doesn't seem so odd.

More recently, you have Lance Armstrong and his 7 wins, and then his 3rd place coming out of retirement. The french and other wankers continue to try to hit him with drug claims. The Fed prosecutor who failed with Barry Bonds is trying to find a way to argue that US Postal was defrauded by his success. Yet it would seem crazy to keep cheating after the early wins and especially after the 6th. Why would you tarnish the success by trying to get one more - the risk/reward ratio seems terrible. Far more logical would be to retired with full glory. But when you look at the Hart challenge to the press, it's possible to see this as just a state of mind. Perhaps an essential element to being a champion is that unwavering level of self belief.

I am sure that is what you BELIEVE.... but until you use something other than the Fair and Baaaaalaanced Newsmedia Corp outlets approved by the current crop of REAL Americans:S:S.. you will never be able to see reality.

it's a bit confusing, but I don't think it's about "good" and "bad" - just that vaguely argued definition of 'hypocrisy'

I think their (not mine) argument is even simpler: Democrats are not hypocrits because they refuse to stand for anything - therefore all actions can be rationalized.

or something like that - it's gets a bit muddled in my head when they try to put the D's and R's into big stereotyped buckets rather than assess the politician's actual actions regardless of party.

Wrong..

I think those who wear their sin on their sleeves and campaign on their VALUES by desparately denying and fighting others just like themselves... usually end up being that which they loathe, and go to great lengths to fool the foolible fools into believing they are something they certainly are not.

I am sure that is what you BELIEVE.... but until you use something other than the Fair and Baaaaalaanced Newsmedia Corp outlets approved by the current crop of REAL Americans:S:S.. you will never be able to see reality.

I honestly have no idea how any of what you said pertains to my question.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

Let me break it down for you, she called you a sheep who is brainwashed, usual MO

Probably switched to attacking you after having no direction to further attack me on the political corruption topic we were discussing.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

obama will e reelected easily.
religious right wont vote for mormon romney. newt will self destruct. the rest havent made any news except bad news.

i like ron paul but he comes off to quirky. not electable personality.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

religious right wont vote for mormon romney. newt will self destruct. the rest havent made any news except bad news.

I'd just like to point out that Ron Paul's "quirks" are what the rest of the world call intelligence, experience, honesty, and consistency.

True, he doesn't pander to the voters he's addressing at the time. This is why he won't get the nomination, because he doesn't play down to his audience.
--
Rob

I'd just like to point out that Ron Paul's "quirks" are what the rest of the world call intelligence, experience, honesty, and consistency.

***True, he doesn't pander to the voters he's addressing at the time. This is why he won't get the nomination, because he doesn't play down to his audience.

thats part of the game.popularity contest. too big a part. thats why we should elect the president on a reality show. put all the canidates on survivor.
Born ok 1st time.

thats part of the game.popularity contest. too big a part. thats why we should elect the president on a reality show. put all the canidates on survivor.

but none of this crappy food for physical contest shit.

make them forage or kill for their own food.
--
Rob

you're going to be a very unhappy camper come November.

WAY too emotionally invested in all this. Whatever happens will happen regardless of what you post or bookmark here, or how angry you get about it.

WAY too emotionally invested in all this. Whatever happens will happen regardless of what you post or bookmark here, or how angry you get about it.

No emotion at all really

I just am marking those oh so sure what is going to happen posts
Abraham Lincoln

Why don't you make a prediction too?

I am sure you will be digging up, with glee, some of these posts if they do not come to fruition. At least be able to say "I told you so" and not only, gee guess you were wrong a year ago.

Personally? I can not see Obama re-elected
But I thought the same for Clinton (even though this is much different)

As to who the R canidate will be? For me I hope it in not Mitt

Any of the others will do

As for the narative that only Mitt has a chance of beating Obama? that is bs

I dont know what is going to happen

I can have some hope though
Abraham Lincoln

***WAY too emotionally invested in all this. Whatever happens will happen regardless of what you post or bookmark here, or how angry you get about it.

No emotion at all really

I just am marking those oh so sure what is going to happen posts

after 2 terms of obama you will lose your sanity when hillary is elected in 2016
Born ok 1st time.

No emotion at all really

You can kid yourself, but it's pretty obvious to the rest of us. You look for any nugget of weakness in Obama or hope for the GOP side. You still are bitter about Bush's (self inflicted) fall, blaming it on media conspiracies. You cannot fathom how Obama can win reelection when it's probably a 90% likelihood.

You can take solace in the fact that should he win the 2nd term, it's highly likely that the GOP side will retake it in 2016. After two terms in the White House, the party tends to wear out its welcome. The people have heard enough scandal and bs and want a changing of the guard. This can be seen in 1992 and in 2000.