quade

Schizophrenic gun owner goes on killing spree

For an attorney, you certainly don't seem to have a good understanding of "The Rules."

I suggest you review them and adhere to them. Calling another user a "twat" is uncalled for and you can consider this as your single and last warning about such behavior.

I'll gladly admit it may be considered a PA, but under your definition:

Personal attacks on another user are a great way to earn some time off, as is posting inflammatory material specifically to provoke a negative response from someone (aka trolling).

What provoked my post was clearly trolling.

Where's Amazon's warning? Or does she have "the immunity idol?"

A lawyer, of all people, ought to know the "two wrongs makes a right defense" is pretty useless.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Guns DO NOT kill people. Guns to not randomly decide to fire. PEOPLE kill people.

It's the oldest and the lamest argument of them all, yet it gets used every day.

No, blaming the tool for the action of the user probably beats it out.

And I said earlier, and many times before, very sarcastically, "The USA does not have a gun problem"

yeah right!

That's right. It's not a gun problem, it's a criminal problem, as shown by the millions of gun owners who *didn't* commit a crime today.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

For an attorney, you certainly don't seem to have a good understanding of "The Rules."

I suggest you review them and adhere to them. Calling another user a "twat" is uncalled for and you can consider this as your single and last warning about such behavior.

I'll gladly admit it may be considered a PA, but under your definition:

Personal attacks on another user are a great way to earn some time off, as is posting inflammatory material specifically to provoke a negative response from someone (aka trolling).

What provoked my post was clearly trolling.

Where's Amazon's warning? Or does she have "the immunity idol?"

A lawyer, of all people, ought to know the "two wrongs makes a right defense" is pretty useless.

Not making that argument. I'll gladly take my warning, if She's also the recipient of one for trolling. Short of that, it's a double standard.

Not making that argument. I'll gladly take my warning, if She's also the recipient of one for trolling.

I'm not asking you to take it "gladly."
And you don't get to set the conditions for receiving it either.

Stop digging your own hole, counselor.
quade -

Not making that argument. I'll gladly take my warning, if She's also the recipient of one for trolling. Short of that, it's a double standard.

You're new here, aren't you? ;)

I see I am going to need to buy a lot of new EXTRA LARGE toys for all of the usual suspects for all too appropriate Christmas presents this year.

I see I am going to need to buy a lot of new EXTRA LARGE toys for all of the usual suspects for all too appropriate Christmas presents this year.

Most people do not like the kind of toys you speak of used so
please keep them

You need them more than most
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

please keep them

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD

With the daily display of phalacies by those who are overly anal-retentive.. I would say.. they are indeed in need of their toys.

CARS don't kill people either. But we restrict them and we license them, and companies get sued over them, and laws are made to make them better and manufacturers are forced through civil courts and recalls to improve them, and we decide who can drive them and who cannot. So the CAR did not kill anyone, but it is still the target of "How do we fix this?" and rightly so.

But cars and guns are different things, right? Well, both use rapid combustion to propel a piece of metal to a dangerous and potential lethal speed. They're close enough for me. I'm not against gun owner ship, I'm against gun owner ship by people that haven't proved to be capable to own a firearm.

CARS don't kill people either. But we restrict them and we license them, and companies get sued over them, and laws are made to make them better and manufacturers are forced through civil courts and recalls to improve them, and we decide who can drive them and who cannot. So the CAR did not kill anyone, but it is still the target of "How do we fix this?" and rightly so.

But cars and guns are different things, right? Well, both use rapid combustion to propel a piece of metal to a dangerous and potential lethal speed. They're close enough for me. I'm not against gun owner ship, I'm against gun owner ship by people that haven't proved to be capable to own a firearm.

Given that roughly 4 times the number of die per year in auto accidents vs gunfire, maybe you should reverse your thinking.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Given that roughly 4 times the number of die per year in auto accidents vs gunfire, maybe you should reverse your thinking.

I don't really see why I should reverse my thinking. Surely even in the US people spend way more time driving than toting guns, so yes, even in the US it's probably more likely to get killed in a car accident. But the argument: "guns, just like cars, are dangerous in unskilled hands" still stands. Quite frankly I don't see how it's possible that people don't see that the US is f-ing up on the fire-arm legislation part. Something dangerous is granted to everyone, the statistics show that other Western countries are much safer then the US when it comes to firearms, and still some people don't seem able to connect the dots.

I don't really see why I should reverse my thinking. Surely even in the US people spend way more time driving than toting guns, so yes, even in the US it's probably more likely to get killed in a car accident. But the argument: "guns, just like cars, are dangerous in unskilled hands" still stands. Quite frankly I don't see how it's possible that people don't see that the US is f-ing up on the fire-arm legislation part. Something dangerous is granted to everyone, the statistics show that other Western countries are much safer then the US when it comes to firearms, and still some people don't seem able to connect the dots.

That says more about the preconceptions in your thinking than the actual situation.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Given that roughly 4 times the number of die per year in auto accidents vs
>gunfire, maybe you should reverse your thinking.

So since cars kill more people than guns - we should remove licensing requirements for cars? Your logic is . . . well, very right wing.

That says more about the preconceptions in your thinking than the actual situation.

Yes, because statistics that prove that it's much more likely to be killed by a bullet in the US of A than in other Western countries are by their very definition a "preconception". You might want to look up what English words actually mean before you use them.

>Given that roughly 4 times the number of die per year in auto accidents vs
>gunfire, maybe you should reverse your thinking.

So since cars kill more people than guns - we should remove licensing requirements for cars?

Nope...just showing that comparing cars and guns is stupid.

Your logic is . . . well, very right wing.

Your mischaracterization of my posts is ...... well, very left wing.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

please keep them

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD

With the daily display of phalacies by those who are overly anal-retentive.. I would say.. they are indeed in need of their toys.

No

I was not talking about "their" toys

I was talking about your used toys:D
Abraham Lincoln

Who decides who "they" are?

You?

Fuck that[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

please keep them

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD

No

I was not talking about "their" toys

I was talking about your used toys:D

I was talking about the boys and THEIR toys.... size appropriate of course although these seem to be a bit small for some of the usual suspects based on posts.

What do you think should have been done differently to prevent this shooting?

It is a fact that without him having access to guns this shooting wouldn't have taken place.

You can argue about other details or hypotheticals, but that's a fact and you can't deny it's true.
quade -

It is a fact that without him having access to guns this shooting wouldn't have taken place.

So you're advocating that the gov't monitor private health records and use the police for confiscatory raids?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

[Reply]I'm against gun owner ship by people that haven't proved to be capable to own a firearm.

And I'm in favor of the right of gun ownership by a person unless it's proven that person is not or will not be responsible with that ownership.

It's what differentiates a "right" from a "privilege."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

What do you think should have been done differently to prevent this shooting?

You can argue about other details or hypotheticals, but that's a fact and you can't deny it's true.

It's also a fact that the guns were purchased by him BEFORE he became schizophrenic, and were legally owned. Therefore, denying him gun purchases AFTER he was diagnosed would have changed nothing - he already had the guns.

So, let's try again. What do you think should have been done differently to prevent this shooting? Try not to avoid the question this time. I know it's a tough one, but if you've got a solution, you should be willing to share it.

Paul,
I suggest you take a course on constitutional law. I also suggest you contact your local NAMI chapter, to help you discover the plight of the mentally ill. You seriously have a poor understanding of it means to be mentally ill, yet you repeatedly speak against them and want to take away their constitutional rights. I have, in response to your many ridiculous posts, challenged you to do this. Yet, you choose to remain an ignoramus with your preconceived notions of what you know nothing.

The definition of insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." The same can be applied for someone who continues to make the same argument over and over again, expecting to change others minds.

From someone who is actually qualified to discuss the mentally ill.