ryoder

Dirty Harry on gay marriage

That's the way most of the people that I know who are considered conservative feel. But that doesn't lend itself to the grade school name calling that several of those on the left prefer to use as a debate technique.

Your friends obviously do not vote how they feel. Gay marriage has been soundly defeated in almost every election. The good news, the young are more and more accepting of gays, and it's only a matter of time they are given the same rights as everyone else.

That's the way most of the people that I know who are considered conservative feel..

Very funny, you should be on TV.

Which group was it pushing for the following amendment to be added to the US Constitution:

"SECTION 1. Marriage in the United States shall consist only of the union of a man and a woman. Neither this Constitution or the constitution of any State, nor state or federal law, shall be construed to require that marital status or the legal incidents thereof be conferred upon unmarried couples or groups."

Oh yes, it was the conservatives.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

That's the way most of the people that I know who are considered conservative feel..

Which group was it pushing for the following amendment to be added to the US Constitution:

"SECTION 1. Marriage in the United States shall consist only of the union of a man and a woman. Neither this Constitution or the constitution of any State, nor state or federal law, shall be construed to require that marital status or the legal incidents thereof be conferred upon unmarried couples or groups."

So you believe in tarring all conservatives with the same brush?

So you believe in tarring all conservatives with the same brush?

What part of "most of" is it that you don't understand?

However, as with morons, there is a high degree of commonality among conservatives.

>So you believe in tarring all conservatives with the same brush?

Not all - just the 80% that oppose gay marriage. (That's why he said "most.") If you are one of the 20% who do not oppose gay marriage, good for you for bucking the majority!

Since he'll likely ask for a source, 80% is the value found in a May 7 2009 Gallup Poll.

What part of "most of" is it that you don't understand?.

I'm guessing it might be the same part as the "I know" that is evidently beyond your ken.

Well in that case 'several of those on the left' probably don't personally know the same conservatives that you know, so why should it affect their debating?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

What part of "most of" is it that you don't understand?.

I'm guessing it might be the same part as the "I know" that is evidently beyond your ken.

Perhaps the "conservatives" that you know are CINOs.

The gay marriage issue is one of those issue where many people will openly say they support it and then go and vote against it.

the results are only shifted a few points from the polling. People still seem to be comfortable saying that they don't support equal rights for gays. Now if you flipped gays for interracial, yes, I think you'd see that disconnect.

Gay rights will make a big push forward when we get to the point where people are embarrassed to admit their negative views. We're not there, though we're getting pretty close to 50/50. The married gays of California and the other states that have full out legalized it have not brought social armaggedon to America.

The gay marriage issue is one of those issue where many people will openly say they support it and then go and vote against it.

I'll vote neither for nor against. Either way it goes, I'll not be responsible for anyone's misery.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young