kallend

Michelle Bachmann's killer instinct

[
Apparently you have trouble understanding sacasm. Here's a hint, I use it a lot.

here's a hint - sticking your foot in your mouth is not sarcasm. You're backpedaling back and forth here, unable to decide it is was a minor detail, or was really true.

Here's a hint. Go back and re-read the thread. Then put down the shovel.

I suppose that Obama's remark about being the president over 57 states a thing of genius huh ?

I don't care who runs against that clown, nobody could be worse then Obama ...

They are totally blind to their sexism and the double standard they apply to sucessful women. Meanwhile the debt piles up, the spending continues, they support those who laugh about being wrong about job creation prospects, can't account for where the $billions in Stimulus money went, create dumbass programs like "Cash fo Clunkers", they support politicians who start even more more illegal wars and then they look for a reason to call anyone who opposes their chosen ones a moron. Unbelievable!!! Only a moron could do that. :D

At her presidential candidacy announcement in Waterloo, IA, today, Michelle invoked the name of John Wayne.

"John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. That’s the kind of spirit that I have, too."

Indeed, John Wayne Gacy, who raped and murdered 33 teen-age boys in the 1970s, had lived in Waterloo, IA.

What a moron.

Here we go with the sexist slander of conservative women. Can you name one conservative woman politician you don't think is a moron?

Christie Whitman.

Palin and Bachmann are idiots.

I suppose that Obama's remark about being the president over 57 states a thing of genius huh ?

They are totally blind to their sexism and the double standard they apply to sucessful women. Meanwhile the debt piles up, the spending continues, they support those who laugh about being wrong about job creation prospects, can't account for where the $billions in Stimulus money went, create dumbass programs like "Cash fo Clunkers", they support politicians who start even more more illegal wars and then they look for a reason to call anyone who opposes their chosen ones a moron. Unbelievable!!! Only a moron could do that. :D

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-bachmann-20110626,0,7400031,print.story

But the Minnesota Republican and her family have benefited personally from government aid, an examination of her record and finances shows. A counseling clinic run by her husband has received nearly $30,000 from the state ofMinnesota in the last five years, money that in part came from the federal government. A family farm in Wisconsin, in which the congresswoman is a partner, received nearly $260,000 in federal farm subsidies.

And she has sought to keep federal money flowing to her constituents. After publicly criticizing the Obama administration's stimulus program, Bachmann requested stimulus funds to support projects in her district. Although she has been a fierce critic of earmarks — calling them "part of the root problem with Washington's spending addiction" — the congresswoman nonetheless argued recently that transportation projects should not be considered congressional pork.

At her presidential candidacy announcement in Waterloo, IA, today, Michelle invoked the name of John Wayne.

"John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. That’s the kind of spirit that I have, too."

Indeed, John Wayne Gacy, who raped and murdered 33 teen-age boys in the 1970s, had lived in Waterloo, IA.

What a moron.

John Wayne's parents were from Waterloo IA. BHO thinks there are 57 states.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Here we go with the sexist slander of conservative women. Can you name one conservative woman politician you don't think is a moron?

sexist slander? How about a reasonable description of the candidates.....?

they ARE morons. I hope they keep running - it will do the country good.

You should run for public office.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Get ready for another Sarah Palin ...

Yep, hard to argue with sexist left-wing talking points they parrot. It would be one thing if they condemned men who did the same thing, but they don't and that's the point no matter how many news articles they post. Most of these conservative women they bash have accomplished so much more than any of them. But of course, all the bashers have all lead such exemplary lives.

Here's more from Mr. Wonderful. Does he sound like a used car salesman or what. So glad to see he's upholding the dignity of the Office of the President of the United States.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/06/27/dinner_with_obama_now_includes_joe_biden.html

Watch how little condemnation he gets.

Funny as hell as your double standard is showing

Which is worse?

This example? (Bachmann's)

Or Obama telling the troops he met one of them when he have that person the medal of honor

http://floydreports.com/video-of-the-day-obama-says-dead-soldier-is-alive-in-speech-to-army/

One problem
The guy was dead

I love it when you do this

Shows who you are the most afraid of in 2012

:D

Next

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Even if everything you have posted was true, it still doesn't make her a moron. However, it does make you a sexist. Don't you get that?

It only matters if they lean right

If they lean left they are given a pass
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I don't really think I'm sexist, and I think that Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann both show evidence of being less concerned about the facts than they are about who they're talking to and what emotions they want to engender. Their speeches are far more about emotions than ideas.

The problem is that in their "jobs," people are going to pay attention to the details, and when they lack experience (which they do -- neither has a boatload of national experience), then they have to be better. Which they aren't.

There's a difference between a clear mistatement (like the 57 states, and a fair amount of what Biden says) and ignorance or being fast and loose with the facts in order to curry favor ("John Wayne is from Waterloo").

And I agree with the assessments of Whitman and Hutchinson. I voted for Hutchinson in the last Texas gubernatorial primary, just to see if she could unseat Perry as the Republican candidate. I'm still getting calls from conservative PACs.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Sorry, I just simply disagree. It isn't that I think Obama is an moron, I just think that too many apply the "moron" label to anyone they disagree with and I think it's applied very quickly to women in particular. I'm also a lot less concerned about someone not knowing that an individual is not exactly from your area, than someone running for President who doesn't even know how many States there are or many of the other stupid things Obama and Biden have said. I may think these those statements are dumb, but that doesn't make Obama or Biden morons any more than what Bachmann said makes her one. As a woman, doesn't the de-personalization bother you a bit?

I can see what you're saying; in one sense, both of these women are very intelligent in a people sense -- you really don't get to a national spotlight without that, or without some other serious chops (Paris Hilton excepted :P).

It doesn't bother me as much to hear them called morons because I heard Bush called on, Perry called one, and Quayle called one (can you tell that most of my family are fairly liberal? :ph34r:). Moron used to be a technical term for someone with a mental age of between 8 and 12; someone who could reason to some extent, but just doesn't have enough facts at their fingertips.

The "57 states" I really do see as a mis-speak rather than a mistake. Biden's plagiarism is a different issue, but it's in as distant a past as Gingrich's philandering (well, his wife hopes so :D).

No politician is perfect. Not even Reagan (I'm not sure he'd be considered conservative enough anymore, as he was perfectly willing to be polite to liberals, and compromise as well). Not even Kennedy (who was also seriously lacking in experience).

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Watch the actions of John Boehner, Harry Reid and Obama during the budget talks ... watch them closely over the next month and you will see politics at it's finest.
Who Will be placing the party first or the people first ?[:/]

He said conservative. Snowe is far from that. Just because she has an R behind her name doesnt make her conservative.

Gotta remember that someone who looks conservative to Quade might look liberal to someone else.

And someone who looks liberal to you might be quite conservative to someone who's really liberal.

Those are relative terms, not absolute ones.

Just like MSNBC is middle-of-the-road to some people, just as Fox News is middle-of-the-road to others. It all depends on where those individuals are traveling.

Wendy P.

BHO thinks there are 57 states.

Actually he said there were 60 in total. Funny how all 3 of you who have called Obama a moron for getting that wrong have got that wrong.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>"John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. That’s the kind of spirit that I have, too."

Waiting for JohnRich (or someone else) to defend this, along the lines of "John Wayne the actor was in Waterloo for a day when hie was 18 - so yes, from that point on, John Wayne the actor was indeed from there. Stupid liberals."

I have considered running for office several times. Maybe something local. I see myself more involved as I get older, and a lot of locals think I should run for local council.

I would love to be Pres., but alas, cannot. Maybe VP? I am SURE I would have your vote Ron.....

I have considered running for office several times. Maybe something local. I see myself more involved as I get older, and a lot of locals think I should run for local council.

I would love to be Pres., but alas, cannot. Maybe VP? I am SURE I would have your vote Ron.....

I would assume an active role in your campaign strategy.

Sorry, I just simply disagree. It isn't that I think Obama is an moron, I just think that too many apply the "moron" label to anyone they disagree with and I think it's applied very quickly to women in particular. I'm also a lot less concerned about someone not knowing that an individual is not exactly from your area, than someone running for President who doesn't even know how many States there are or many of the other stupid things Obama and Biden have said. I may think these those statements are dumb, but that doesn't make Obama or Biden morons any more than what Bachmann said makes her one. As a woman, doesn't the de-personalization bother you a bit?

Come on - don't be a chicken - call Wendy a self gender hater like the rest of us sexist swine.

BTW, today Bachmann admitted to her mistake, so perhaps its time for you to own up to it as well.

"I wish I could be perfect," Bachmann said. "I'm a substantive, serious person" who has "good sense on how to turn the economy around" as president.

Because what our country really needs in this time of peril is someone that is still trying to become a substantial person. Candidates like her guarantee reelection for Obama.

Examining 24 of her statements, Politifact.com, the Pulitzer Prize-winning fact-checking service of the St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times, found just one to be fully true and 17 to be false (seven of them "pants on fire" false). No other Republican candidate whose statements have been vigorously vetted matched that record of inaccuracy.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/06/27/politics/p135918D65.DTL#ixzz1QaMRCqC4