ryoder

May 21, 2011

What?? Read the whole chapter??? Coreece! You ask too much!

Yes because if he read the complete "fictional story" it would be more clear.

Are you this critical of other literary works or just the bible? Do you apply the same standard of textual criticism across the board? Can you honestly say you examine it without bias? What is it about Jesus that invokes such a hostile response in you? I know the answer. I just was wondering what you thought.

Are you this critical of other literary works or just the bible? Do you apply the same standard of textual criticism across the board? Can you honestly say you examine it without bias? What is it about Jesus that invokes such a hostile response in you? I know the answer. I just was wondering what you thought.

The bible is an interesting collection of ancient folk tales from the bronze age but not seriously considered to be the word of god. I won't say there is no god because no one really knows. One thing we do know for sure is that god does not write books or talk to people.

If the bible is "proof' of god then the Lord of the Rings is proof that Hobbits lived in the shire.
Onward and Upward!

Just so we are clear here.
You give the sarcastic response of “What?? Read the whole chapter??? Coreece! You ask too much!” and then you question my response?

A) I was not critical of the bible was I?
B) Can you honestly say you examine it without bias?
C) What was hostile about it?
D) You obviously don’t know the answer.

How many other literary works purport to be divinely inspired and tell us the true nature and workings of the universe?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Predicting the end of the world will never work so long as the majority of the world refuses to participate.

Remember the Y2K bug? You had survivalists, religious nuts, and computer geeks prediciting economic collapse. But those groups together do not comprise a large enough impact to significantly affect the economy. The stock market actually went up a little when January 2000 arrived. Major movements of the stock market are affected by multinational corporations, banks, insurance companies, etc. Not by a few groups of "little guys" posting on the Internet about the end of the world.

These other End of the World scenarios are the same way. Harold Camping has failed to get a significant portion of the world to go along with his prediction.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

and computer geeks prediciting economic collapse.

No, you had computer geeks like me telling mgt nothing was going to happen, while mgt was running around screaming "the sky is falling", and coming up with the most idiotic ideas for wasting time/money.
Then we had to sit them down and try to tactfully explain to them just how idiotic their plans were.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

These other End of the World scenarios are the same way. Harold Camping has failed to get a significant portion of the world to go along with his prediction.

No one can predict the end. (Matthew 24:36)

Well, there's no shortage of christian idiots that do it...
http://tacomaatheists.com/eotw
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

I'm not disputing that.

Looking at that URL, I'm just glad Ma is giving tacos to the atheists.

...and she doesn't even make you pray to her imaginary friend before eating them!!:P
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."

I'm not disputing that.

Good!
You're beliefs differ from these idiots just how, exactly?

Well, one way is that I don't center my theology around eschatology. Like I said before "No one can predict the end. (Matthew 24:36)." Where the Bible is silent on an issue, I also remain silent. As Paul Washer says, "You will know absolutely everything you need to know about the second coming of Christ on the day of the second coming.

Well, one way is that I don't center my theology around eschatology. Like I said before "No one can predict the end. (Matthew 24:36)." Where the Bible is silent on an issue, I also remain silent. As Paul Washer says, "You will know absolutely everything you need to know about the second coming of Christ on the day of the second coming.

It's clear to me now. Your beliefs are far superior to, and vastly different from those aforementioned idiots. Thanks for clearing that up.

How many other literary works purport to be divinely inspired and tell us the true nature and workings of the universe?

"The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy"?
"The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster"?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

FSM...hardly a contribution to intelligent conversation.

Flying Spaghetti Monster

The flying sapghetti monster is meant as a joke to show people how absolutely ridiculous your religion is by incorporating the same logic you use. It's just as laughable as the your religion and for the same reasons.

FSM...hardly a contribution to intelligent conversation.

Flying Spaghetti Monster

The flying sapghetti monster is meant as a joke to show people how absolutely ridiculous your religion is by incorporating the same logic you use. It's just as laughable as the your religion and for the same reasons.

Ya, just as laughable as the idea that maybe in 100 billion years a broom will just mystically pop out of thin air and my chaotic dirty room will magically organize and clean itself for absolutely no reason whatsoever...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...