Galenis

Bin Laden is Dead

Because that how politics works my friend :)
In fact today is a win win for everyone, Bush can claim that it wouldn't have been possible without the war in Afghanistan, Obama 'gets his man', Al Quaida get a load of publicity when everyone was pretty much ignoring them, Bin Laden becomes a martyr to his followers, Americans get to feel that justice is done.... Nice, think I'll go get an ice cream:)

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Its interesting watching the Americans on the streets flag waving and celebrating on the announcement having seen no evidence at all. Blind faith in the government, guess some people never learn anything from the past.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Call me naive, but doesn't killing Al Qaeda's leader turn him into a martyr for his cause? I know what the definition of a "real" martyr is, but if I believed in something and my leader were killed, I would not be happy about it...

Reckon this will *increase* violence. And everyone "celebrating" this murder doesn't paint a pretty picture about the West, IMO.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Its interesting watching the Americans on the streets flag waving and celebrating on the announcement

It really is...how pathetic.

I know this is a very emotional and symbolic event for America...especially for New Yorkers, but I thought we were better than this.

Unbelievable...

...there is no victory in any of this.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Its interesting watching the Americans on the streets flag waving and celebrating on the announcement having seen no evidence at all. Blind faith in the government, guess some people never learn anything from the past.

if someone was going to fake it, it would have been long ago. Back when he was still in full command.

I thought back then, if they did get him, it would have been better not to say anything, and let his followers think he had abandoned them.

It's interesting how 'we' think in simplistic terms .... Leader gone = end of organisation .... [pah]

We did it with Sadam and we're doing it with Kadaffi. Get rid of them and the country will be chin deep in clover.... [bollocks]

Circle the wagons and shoot the Chief ... the rest will just bugger off.....

It's like we think that there is a single controlling person in all ... groups/companies/countries/etc...etc...

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

It doesn't need to be a planed deception, how many times have reports of the deaths of other high value targets been reported only to be incorrect and someone else died. In some cases many times for a individual target. How could news of this magnitude be retracted if it turned out to be incorrect?:$:$:$:$:$:$ Opps and oh F**k! However after the lies used to take us to war with Iraq I won't believe anything without some hard evidence that has been independently scrutinised, until then everything comes with a very large dose of scepticism.

Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Its interesting watching the Americans on the streets flag waving and celebrating on the announcement

I know this is a very emotional and symbolic event for America...especially for New Yorkers, but I thought we were better than this.

Unbelievable...

So it turns out that the masses of America aren't so different from the people of Gazza after all. Don't take it personally mate, masses are easily drawn into emotional hysteria everywhere.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

It's the Diana effect;)
Unbelievable...

So it turns out that the masses of America aren't so different from the people of Gazza after all. Don't take it personally mate, masses are easily drawn into emotional hysteria everywhere.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Call me naive, but doesn't killing Al Qaeda's leader turn him into a martyr for his cause? I know what the definition of a "real" martyr is, but if I believed in something and my leader were killed, I would not be happy about it...

Reckon this will *increase* violence. And everyone "celebrating" this murder doesn't paint a pretty picture about the West, IMO.

Murder? Maybe but many would argue it was an act of war and lets face it UBL did declare that war. However I do agree with you about the spectacle of flag waving crowds on the streets after the condemnation of similar behaviour by many of extremists on the other side of the fence doing the same. Turns out theres no difference after all.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Whether or not Osama Bin Laden died years ago or today, the man that had nothing to do with the U.S's invasion of Iraq is dead. Way to go U.S Navy!!!!!! Osama, dude, you should have turned your iPhone 4 off, thats how they tracked you man!!! And a speedy burial at sea is an honorable way to be laid to rest in accordance with Islamic tradition. It's good that we showed respect!!! Wait, speedy? Haven't we been way wrong before? Hmmmm....
I love BASE because cliffs don't crash
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves

Bin Laden was shot dead, along with a man believed to be one of his adult sons. His most trusted courier also was killed, as was the courier's brother and a woman that one of the men tried to use as a human shield, senior administration officials said. The U.S. team took custody of bin Laden's body and confirmed his identity, Obama said.

I love the fact that one of those shitbags tried to use the woman as a shield, and one of our guys just mowed both of em down. That woman was in the wrong place at the wrong time, that is for sure!!!

Sadly, I'm sure there is going to be some kind of retaliation.

i got nothing more to add..

:|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Whether or not Osama Bin Laden died years ago or today, the man that had nothing to do with the U.S's invasion of Iraq is dead. Way to go U.S Navy!!!!!! Osama, dude, you should have turned your iPhone 4 off, thats how they tracked you man!!! And a speedy burial at sea is an honorable way to be laid to rest in accordance with Islamic tradition. It's good that we showed respect!!! Wait, speedy? Haven't we been way wrong before? Hmmmm....

fucking iphones and apple will eventually get us all!

:D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

While I do hope the news is true, I shared the same sentiments when first reading this news.

I would demand more proof before putting more credence in this story, and I find it somewhat strange that Bin Laden's body was disposed of at sea so quickly "in accordance with Islamic law." But of course, I do welcome the good news and hope more evidence follows.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Good points
And that is what ABC radio was talking about this AM. Retaliation is one reason. But they are saying the better reason is whom ever pulls off the greatest attack has a better chance of filling his shoes

In any event

Good job Seals
Good job Obama for giving the go ahead
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

So FOX News is reporting that multiple sources are confirming Usama Bin Laden is dead.

Tampa Tea Party sent me an Email. The 72 Virgin Dating Service announced, Usama Bin Laden has been hooked up.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

how original, someone stop me my sides are splitting, ho ho ho oh dear I think I followed through it was so funny:S Oh you are a wag.

Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I love your comments thus far in this thread. Three posts about how this won't help Obama get re-elected, one suggesting it may have been bin Laden's own guys that killed him, and one warning of retaliation.

Would it hurt that much to just say "nice job everyone"?

This was a nice accomplishment for all involved, I wish it hadn't taken so long, but I'm glad it's done.

Blues,
Dave

Oh course the navy Seal team did a fantastic job. Didn't think I needed to say that. Since they probably don't read my comments on this site, who do I need to say that for? My comments so far are for those whose knee-jerk reactions are over the top if they think this is going to matter in the next election. I'm also concerned about any retaliation, aren't you?

BTW, I think it's pretty sick that people would go out in the middle of the night, head to the White House or Times Square and rejoice. Reminds me of the people in the ME who were rejoicing when the WTC was hit.

So, things were nice and orderly before we went there? We've already been there over 10 years - enough time to build a few cities.

Way, I see it, we had one mission - find and kill OBL. White house thought it was a good excuse to occupy Afghanistan, even after he left and went to Pakistan. We've already pumped billions into rebuilding their infrastructure and setting up a new government. It doesn't make up for all the civilians we killed, but we don't own them any more than what we've already given.

----------------------------------------------------

These are my thoughts exactly & in total agreement with you !

So how long, how will, or will this even trickle, splurge, or gush in positive end results...

as far as bringing the US. back on it's economic feet ?

Even as far as bringing the troops home based on 'terroristic protection' from the onset of 9/11...

the idea of 'loose cannons' plotting & carrying out terrorist acts, will never be ending...

so what excuses will be held, in NOT bringing them home, immediately ?

At one time OBL & SH were the focal objectives, but obviously other agendas came up.

Understanding that this is a major accomplishment, though taking the 10 years it has,

is this really an immediate life changing event, that will turn everything around for all Americans &

countrymen from every targeted & participating country...

or are there going to be years of dragged out rationale, as to why this didn't quite do the trick, yet ?

Or was this a White House diversionary tactic of ok now's the time to pull that ace up my sleeve...I need some serious diversion here:

" don't worry boys & girls, I've get this one, I'll prove to you I'll eventually fullfill my campaign promises & the previous administrations, too "...?

Does anyone have a thought on what this really means ?

How much work is left to bring the peaceful evolution to the Middle East ? :S

Will AQ buckle & fold ? [:/]

Or finally, did the worldwide necessity in taking out these 2 demons, just become another chapter in the saga of "as the world order continues as is " ? :S

The girl grew up and married her Prince and the bad guy is dead, welcome to the Disney weekend!!!
Lucius Annaeus Seneca