JohnRich

Should the U.S. intervene in Libya?

When one really looks at this at this time there is only one nuanced difference between what Bush did and what Obama is doing

the UN has some more input

Not . . . even . . . close.

Obama didn't want to have anything to do with Libya. He's meeting an obligation as a member state of the UN.

The 43rd Administration advocated for the invasion of Iraq. Members of the PNAC which made up much of the 43rd Administration had been pressing for an invasion for years -- even before GWB took office.

WORLDS of difference.

I didn't like GWB's war and I don't like this one, but to say there is only a small difference is dishonest and misleading.

Of course you would say this but it is not true

Open your eyes dude

very little difference at all

To ignore or brush that fact off is where the dishonesty lays
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

It is nothing different than what we have seen since Clintion

There two disgusting parts about it this time

One
The Dems say it is different

Two
The R's know it is no different but are trying to score political points with bs points

Washington plays us well

Just another example
Abraham Lincoln

Will the 16 ASSHOLES who think this EXCELLENT Adventure into Libya is a good idea, please report to your local recruiters office for immediate induction, training and duty in North Africa.!!!!

Blah, blah, blah ... how was the train ride Margie?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Will the 16 ASSHOLES who think this EXCELLENT Adventure into Libya is a good idea, please report to your local recruiters office for immediate induction, training and duty in North Africa.!!!!

Blah, blah, blah ... how was the train ride Margie?

Hows the stench that is whooshing past your head once again....:S

Get on down to the local office.. they can use someone like you

in reply to "Will the 16 ASSHOLES who think this EXCELLENT Adventure into Libya is a good idea, please report to your local recruiters office for immediate induction, training and duty in North Africa.!!!! "

I'm wondering who would bother to run to your aid if you needed it ?
Some faceless asshole no doubt.

I don't much question the decisions of the eployees I elect to make such decisions...

I would join the fight, but at this point it's gonna take a lil' more schooling for me to be directly commissioned.;)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Obama didn't want to have anything to do with Libya. He's meeting an obligation as a member state of the UN.

One word . . . NO!

Hes a diplomat - why did he cave in . . . AGAIN?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

One word . . . NO!

Turtle, I love...but we are pass the point of no return...

One world order...full speed ahead!:D

Damned if this isn't one hell of a mouthful of political doublespeak.

The White House strongly denied Tuesday that regime change is part of its mission in Libya, despite a statement earlier in the day that characterized the goal there as “installing a democratic system.”

Ben Rhodes, a deputy national security adviser, issued a statement acknowledging that President Obama would like to see a democratic government in Libya, but explained that the aim of the U.S. military’s intervention there is not to enact regime change.

“We're clarifying, as we’ve said repeatedly, that the effort of our military operation is not regime change, that as we actually say in this readout, it’s the Libyan people who are going to make their determinations about the future,” Rhodes said. “We support their aspirations, their democratic aspirations, and have stated that Gadhafi should go because he’s lost their confidence.”

witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

in reply to "Will the 16 ASSHOLES who think this EXCELLENT Adventure into Libya is a good idea, please report to your local recruiters office for immediate induction, training and duty in North Africa.!!!! "

I'm wondering who would bother to run to your aid if you needed it ?
Some faceless asshole no doubt.

Sorry.. I am perfectly willing and capable of doing my own "capping" if need be.

Now... are you re-upping??

I don't much question the decisions of the eployees I elect to make such decisions...

I would join the fight, but at this point it's gonna take a lil' more schooling for me to be directly commissioned.;)

Oh...I get it... you like all those good little young college republicans are just too good to be in there gettin down and dirty... do you have a butt boil too?

Oh...I get it... you like all those good little young college republicans are just too good to be in there gettin down and dirty... do you have a butt boil too?

F-you...I'm the first male in my family (both sides) not to serve...My family had high hopes for me...I was looking at the Naval academy since I was 12 years old...but I got sucked into pop culture and went to college, met a hot nurse, then a lawyer, then had a brillant kid...98th percentile in the country for math and science..

I chose right and will enter the military in direct commission because it was the best option...it worked out.

My son has decided to join the airforce academy...he's 11...I just hope he follows though unlike me.[:/]

with any luck, my son and I will be serving together;)

I love God's plan...:)
*edit*
btw...I'm not a f*****g republican...

I'm a poor blue collar muthafuggin' catholic from detroit who was blessed to see the truth of God...

Additional Edit:

For anyome wondering...ya, I was having some trouble about a week ago...I was starting to question my faith because of the loss of my family 7 years ago...

After I confessed my backsliding, my son's mother called me out of the blue after 7 years...I have my family back...I didn't know if they were dead or alive. But today thay are with me...It's like they were dead to me...seriously, now they are alive. I feel like i was just in a bad nightmare and I awoke to my happy family...Do you know how that feels? Can you even possibly comprehend that extasy?

God is great and he'll do the same for all of you....Just go for it.:)
I feel ashamed for my doubt, but like he promises...he'll never give us more than we can handle.

*Another edit Amazon*
You know that since God has given back my family, you are no longer my "sugar momma," right?:(;)

One word . . . NO!

Why can't he just LEAD instaed of getting the worlds approval? Where are his Balls?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

One word . . . NO!

Why can't he just LEAD instaed of getting the worlds approval? Where are his Balls?

In yo mamas mouth...:P

I'm sorry...I'm going for it.

When I was 3-5 years old, I would question why are prople living in "slavery" (no democracy)

At seven years old I said fuggit...we can just print as much cash as we want...:$...my bad.:D

But the same lesson prevails....why aren't people free? Why aren't we impeializing every shithole country?

Personally, at this point...I rathe see us concentrating our imperialistic efforts on mexico....just saying.

*edit*
sorry, my keybord isn't working properly....especially the r's.

One word . . . NO!

In yo mamas mouth...:P

I'm sorry...I'm going for it.

When I was 3-5 years old, I would question why are prople living in "slavery" (no democracy)

At seven years old I said fuggit...we can just print as much cash as we want...:$...my bad.:D

But the same lesson prevails....why aren't people free? Why aren't we impeializing every shithole country?

Personally, at this point...I rathe see us concentrating our imperialistic efforts on mexico....just saying.

*edit*
sorry, my keybord isn't working properly....especially the r's.

What? Slavery - you mean like the NFL players?

You are agressivly agreeing?

I'm not sure what your point is.

Call it what you want, we just attacked another country that never fired a shot at us, for what?

Defense my ass, Libya was no threat to us.

Neither was Iraq - which is besides the point because it's not defense. Well, not as in defending our own citizens or borders. It's defending people that are risking their lives to overthrow a dictator. They can't vote him out - so the only choice is a call to arms - and of course unless or until a significant chunk of the military join their side - they have no chance. (Sorry for all the dashes).

I do strongly believe that the world does need cops for when despotic strongmen resort to muderous purges of their own citizens in order to stay in power. It would just be nice if we went into countries like Sudan and Congo - countries without vast resources we'd like to get our hands on - as eagerly as we go into places with lots of spoils.

Maybe if we set the example by coming to the aid of people with nothing to give - the world would follow? Probably not.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

you know what...never mind what I say.

I get back with the woman and it ain't but a week that she goes bat shit crazy...:D

You women are freaks...

I have never met one sane woman....seriously.

but i'ma give the benefit of a doubt...maybe it's just that time of month...you know....fug it.

I've taken it up the ass for the past 7-10 years...whats another 20?

Ya know?

F-you...I'm the first male in my family (both sides) not to serve...My family had high hopes for me...I was looking at the Naval academy since I was 12 years old...but I got sucked into pop culture and went to college, met a hot nurse, then a lawyer, then had a brillant kid...98th percentile in the country for math and science..

I chose right and will enter the military in direct commission because it was the best option...it worked out.

My son has decided to join the airforce academy...he's 11...I just hope he follows though unlike me.[:/]

with any luck, my son and I will be serving together;)

I love God's plan...:)
*edit*
btw...I'm not a f*****g republican...

I'm a poor blue collar muthafuggin' catholic from detroit who was blessed to see the truth of God...

Additional Edit:

For anyome wondering...ya, I was having some trouble about a week ago...I was starting to question my faith because of the loss of my family 7 years ago...

After I confessed my backsliding, my son's mother called me out of the blue after 7 years...I have my family back...I didn't know if they were dead or alive. But today thay are with me...It's like they were dead to me...seriously, now they are alive. I feel like i was just in a bad nightmare and I awoke to my happy family...Do you know how that feels? Can you even possibly comprehend that extasy?

God is great and he'll do the same for all of you....Just go for it.:)
I feel ashamed for my doubt, but like he promises...he'll never give us more than we can handle.

*Another edit Amazon*
You know that since God has given back my family, you are no longer my "sugar momma," right?:(;)

Wow

I am happy for you

So glad things are coming back together
Abraham Lincoln