shah269

Soccer moms and this guy need to be shot!

[reply

and by you I'm not meaning you but those who think they know more than the doctors and those who have devoted their lives to science.

That is where the problem is. Andrew Wakefield is a doctor. So they thought they were following someone who knew more than them and had devoted their lives to science. Watching him on TV be interviewed last night, he is still very defiant. He blames the pharmaceutical companies for conspiring against him.

3) Cold gas has more power.....I have no idea where she got that one from.

Drag racers have been icing down fuel for years.
Maybe she has done a little drag racing in the past. She obviously knows something you don't.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Moroso/Moroso-Insulated-Cool-Cans/747208/10002/-1
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

I agree, but unfortunately the fact is many people believe everything they see on TV.

and if you are a stay at home mom going from one play date to the next and see this non stop eventually you will believe it....

Some of us moms who go to playdates every day actually care about getting ourselves and our kids OUT of the house, and choose NOT to have a television set. Some of us actually like to provide socialization and change of scenery for our kids, which sitting in front of an F'ing tv box doesn't exactly provide. Some of us also study human development and psychology at the university and have read the research and discussed the issues surrounding child development, our children's needs, and the effects of media.

B|B|B|B|B|
Remind me again not to come in this forum...

edit: oh and sorry my kid is only 2, so I can't say whether or not he likes to play soccer, but he does like to kick a beach ball around...
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

>and if you are a stay at home mom going from one play date to the next
>and see this non stop eventually you will believe it....

So if you are a stay at home mom who's almost never home because she's always going from one play date to the next, you'll be home all the time to watch TV?

That doesn't really make that much sense.

I agree, but unfortunately the fact is many people believe everything they see on TV.

Like those people preparing for the end of the world because of the movie "2012". :S

However, on at least one point I agree with Shah: if someone skewed the numbers or misrepresented the data, thereby causing a large percentage of the population to allow the return of some of the deadliest and most debilitating diseases, the consequences should be much more grave than just professional censure.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

He was struck off as a Dr from working in the Uk and is now practicing in the USA (Texas I believe). What he did was shocking, he even took blood from children at a five year olds birthday party, giving them a few quid in return. He then joked about it and said he'd do it again. He stepped very far outside his ethics consent, he also carried out procedure he wasn't trained for. On top of that he was on the make in a massive way which he didn't disclose. All in all he is a disgrace who has caused massive damage to public health for personal gain.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Nope, isn't practicing here (but I had to check to make sure [:/]). From Wikipedia:

Wakefield served as the executive director of Thoughtful House Center for Children, a center for the study of autism in Austin, Texas. Wakefield resigned from Thoughtful House in February 2010, after the British General Medical Council found that he had been "dishonest and irresponsible" in conducting his earlier autism research in England. He is no longer licensed in the UK as a physician, and is not licensed in the US.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Wow, rant against moms. Is it all moms that are stupid are just those whose kids happen to like to play soccer?

Not all moms believe everything in the media. Some of us actually read scientific journals and seek out information from reliable sources.

I believe it is focused on the ones that doctor information and try to cause mass panic.

Why would you defend a Mom like that? What does that tell their kids about right and wrong?

How can that mom actually lecture ever again about lying?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, rant against moms. Is it all moms that are stupid are just those whose kids happen to like to play soccer?

Not all moms believe everything in the media. Some of us actually read scientific journals and seek out information from reliable sources.

I believe it is focused on the ones that doctor information and try to cause mass panic.

Why would you defend a Mom like that? What does that tell their kids about right and wrong?

I was responding to Shah's implication that all soccer moms are stupid. I'm not sure what mom your referring to.

In Reply To

I was responding to Shah's implication that all soccer moms are stupid. I'm not sure what mom your referring to.

Obviously as stated the ones that doctor information and try to cause mass panic.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

In Reply To

Obviously as stated the ones that doctor information and try to cause mass panic.

Maybe I missed something but I still don't know anything about soccer moms doctoring information and causing mass panic.

My knowledge of the situation is that in 1998 a doctor reported finding a link between vaccines and autism onset. Subsequently many, many studies were done examining this link and it was found that his results could not be replicated. No one else found any link between autism and vaccines. His methods came into question eventually a formal investigation was conducted. The doctor reported false findings which led to the mass panic and hopefully he will face serious consequences.

-

In Reply To

Maybe I missed something but I still don't know anything about soccer moms doctoring information and causing mass panic.

My knowledge of the situation is that in 1998 a doctor reported finding a link between vaccines and autism onset. Subsequently many, many studies were done examining this link and it was found that his results could not be replicated. No one else found any link between autism and vaccines. His methods came into question eventually a formal investigation was conducted. The doctor reported false findings which led to the mass panic and hopefully he will face serious consequences.
-

What I reda was that there were at least 12 people involved and they had to be soccer moms.

:D:D:D

What I reda was that there were at least 12 people involved and they had to be soccer moms.

Ok, I'll just take your word for it.;)

Ya know - if (more than just a few people i am not allowed to mention) would adopt that same outlook on life - the world would be a MUCH better and fairer and mure just place to live in.:)
I like you.:D

According to the 7 ladies in my MBA class, "soccer mom" has some sort of derogatory implication.
Who knew?
I mean I know they are the most dangerous thing on the road right next to a texting teenager but a derogatory term?

Well any how, cold gas is used in race cars such as drag cars for increased density in the load. It's also a very sexy way of cooling your valves.

But seriously folks, please please please get your kids vaccinated. These viruses are no laughing matter. And don't expect that just because all the other kids are safe that your kids will be safe. All it takes is one trip to another country and your poor kid could be in the ER or worse dead. It's basic stats, X number of kids will get sick. That number is low compared to the number that WILL get sick if they don't get vaccinated.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

>According to the 7 ladies in my MBA class, "soccer mom" has some
>sort of derogatory implication.
>Who knew?

"Soccer moms and this guy need to be shot"
"the average soccer mom has the IQ of a small dog"
"that peanut brain of a woman"
"she all of a sudden thinks she has a PHD"
"Put (soccer moms) on some island all by themselves and turn their eventual deaths into a reality show"
"those women are empowered morons"
"if the parents are this stupid I could only immagine how dumb their freaking kids are"

I can't believe they would consider your use of "soccer moms" to be derogatory! They clearly have the IQ of a small dog and should be shot.

(Next up - how 7 ladies in Shah's MBA class were unreasonably and inexplicably offended by something completely innocent he said.)

>According to the 7 ladies in my MBA class, "soccer mom" has some
>sort of derogatory implication.
>Who knew?

"Soccer moms and this guy need to be shot"
"the average soccer mom has the IQ of a small dog"
"that peanut brain of a woman"
"she all of a sudden thinks she has a PHD"
"Put (soccer moms) on some island all by themselves and turn their eventual deaths into a reality show"
"those women are empowered morons"
"if the parents are this stupid I could only immagine how dumb their freaking kids are"

I can't believe they would consider your use of "soccer moms" to be derogatory! They clearly have the IQ of a small dog and should be shot.

(Next up - how 7 ladies in Shah's MBA class were unreasonably and inexplicably offended by something completely innocent he said.)

THAT is the funniest thing I have ever seen you post Bill.:D:D:D

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110106/ap_on_he_me/eu_med_autism_fraud

LONDON – The first study to link a childhood vaccine to autism was based on doctored information about the children involved, according to a new report on the widely discredited research.

Oh you freaking retard! I bet you were one of those dipshits who was trying to convince people that their microwaves was casing the increased rates of cancer!

People like this need to be taken out of their large homes, make to kneel in the street and beaten to death with a baseball bat!

Look the average soccer mom has the IQ of a small dog on a GOOD DAY! Odds are she never attended university and if she did odds are it was for some BS 4 year program involving English lit and art history. So what does that peanut brain of a woman know about viruses and pathogens? Odds are next to nothing. Which isn't dangerous if she does nothing, but empowered by even dumber people such as Opera and this dumb ass and the internet...she all of a sudden thinks she has a PHD and knows all about how people get sick.....and thus odds are may have decided to not get her kids fully vaccinated.....which is fine. IF I WASN'T PAYING FOR THOSE LITTLE SHITS WHEN THEY GET SICK!

So grab this tool and which ever soccer mom thought he was right and let's do the right thing. Put them on some island all by themselves and turn their eventual deaths into a reality show.

Soccer moms and this guy need to be shot!

You have relatives in Arizona? little extreme I'd say!