Who is behind Wikileaks?

... "likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism".

Is this pulled out of a context or one could be really accused of terrorism just for having large quantities od farm supplies (like couple of barrels of diesel and artificial manure) and be pissed at the government?
I mean "likely to be used"... Shouldn`t there be an intention? How you determine what is "likely"?
dudeist skydiver #42

... "likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism".

Is this pulled out of a context or one could be really accused of terrorism just for having large quantities od farm supplies (like couple of barrels of diesel and artificial manure) and be pissed at the government?
I mean "likely to be used"... Shouldn`t there be an intention? How you determine what is "likely"?

Guy owns 300 acre farm and buys a ton of fertilizer and fuel oil-OK

College student from Somalia buys a ton of fertilizer and fuel oil-NOT OK

Man has willy ..... potential rapist

Man uses willy without permission - Rapist

IMHO this latest Wiki leaks is a crock of shite ... If not then the people who publish the yellow pages need to be arrested too... If you want to find out where a lot of these so called Important for national Security places are - you just need to ring directory enquiries or look them up.

Google is a terrorists friend too!!

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Why? Because he is from Somalia?
I guessed you can buy whatever the hell you want with your money (legal stuff, of course). And no need to explain anybody why did you buy it in the first place. If it is so, where is the freedom in that?

For example, if I bought couple of barrels of diesel and a dozen bags of nitrate, could I be charged and convicted of "likelyness of terrorism" because I also have a family in Bosnia?
dudeist skydiver #42

No I believe it reflects a badly drafted law. As a naturally inquisitive person it worries me.

When people start talking about the mechanics behind certain people or methods (for example IED's) my first instinct is to google it. This type of law really makes me think twice especially as I fly to the US alot and I don't fancy tripping some algorithmic alarm bell where the system is too stupid to differentiate.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Who is behind Wikileaks, and who is financial supporting?

Is Wikileaks on a mission to harm USA and the west, or do they want justice and clean conscious on the behalf of our governments?

Is Wikileaks really threatening our "free" world?

"Why Wikileaks Backfired" (Strategypage)--

"The leaked documents were meant (according to the Wikileaks leader [Julian Asshat - mh]) to embarrass the United States and expose American hypocrisy and underhanded operations, but the result was quite the opposite. The U.S. was shown trying to do what it said, publicly, that it was trying to do."

"For the most part, Wikileaks confirmed what was already known, something the Wikileaks crew assumed could not be true."

If anything, this incident, though somewhat embarassing on several levels, not the least of which is the lack of security involved (e.g., any fairy twit with a phony Lady Gaga CD could walk away with thousands of documents that didn't belong to him) will serve to reassure both citizens, allies and enemies alike that there is no "smoking gun" - the US generally means what it says, and says what it means, both in public and in private.

mh

Edit to add PFC Manning's charge sheet
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I have watched the change from leak hero to vilian
the change happened when it exposed Hillary and the climate change mess
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>I have watched the change from leak hero to vilian
>the change happened when it exposed Hillary and the climate change
>mess

Of course. You tend to define "hero" as anyone who supports your agenda, and "villain" as anyone who opposes it.

>I have watched the change from leak hero to vilian
>the change happened when it exposed Hillary and the climate change
>mess

Of course. You tend to define "hero" as anyone who supports your agenda, and "villain" as anyone who opposes it.

There you go again

I only made a comment to how the media is treating all of this
I have yet to state an opinion on wikileaks one way or the other

you are getting tired sir

:D
Abraham Lincoln

Are you generally speaking for US or the world?

I am speaking from a perspective of seeing US media coverage.

So I am speaking for me

As stated to billvon
I am just watching this all unfold
I have no idea where is it going but the changing dynamics are very interesting to see

And the latter comment is not based on just US media coverage
Abraham Lincoln

All other things aside, I was able to see some information regarding the death of my best friend back in 2004, and for this I am very grateful.

Glad you found info that helped

Sorry you lost your friend[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

Thanks. Nobody lives forever, and he knew this better than anyone. He was the eldest of 3 brothers, the middle brother joined after his death and went to iraq, very nearly dying himself, and coming back with something like 65% disability. The youngest just joined about a year ago or so. All 3 Marines... This country owes that family allot.

I've lost two friends in the ME, both Marines. All good people.

My father is selling his house and the realtor was suggesting all kinds of changes he should make. When she got to his study she motioned to his Mameluke sword on the wall and said, "that has to go, you can't have weapons just laying about."

I think it took everything in his power not to throw her out of the house.

/edited: typo

If anything, this incident, though somewhat embarassing on several levels, not the least of which is the lack of security involved (e.g., any fairy twit with a phony Lady Gaga CD could walk away with thousands of documents that didn't belong to him) will serve to reassure both citizens, allies and enemies alike that there is no "smoking gun" - the US generally means what it says, and says what it means, both in public and in private.

Interesting things in the publications:

-Hillary demanded surveillance of all major UN officials to get personal information like credit card numbers, frequent flyer numbers, encryption keys, fingerprints, DNA-profiles and so on. This breaks the Vienna agreement and other international treaty's.

-US is paying loads of money for oil from Saudi Arabia. At the same time Saudi Arabia is the biggest funder for extremism in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Basically money from US is spent killing American soldiers with the help of Americans closest Arab ally in the middle east and the American government knows all about it.

-CIA kidnapped a guy in Germany (without the knowledge of the German government), transfered him to Afghanistan for months of imprisonment and "interrogation". After months they found out they had the wrong guy and he had innocently been kidnapped. When the German government wanted to prosecute the kidnappers the US put heavy political pressure on Germany in a way that they had to drop the case.

There are loads of these "small" but bad stories that proves that the US' foreign politics are a fight for some american interests, and not "for the good of the free world".

-Jo Henrik

There are loads of these "small" but bad stories that proves that the US' foreign politics are a fight for some american interests, and not "for the good of the free world".

It is easier to swallow (and digest) when you put it like that. "Good of the free world".

This whole thing with Wikikeaks is nothing new. Unless you are blind-minded-do-what-you`re-told sheep.
It`s just that now more people can see that it`s not all black/white as they thought. But still they find ways to justify things.
As I see it, the US is world super power with military strength to back it up. Thus they can do whatever the hell they want, and are in process of doing it. Still, they use propaganda to soften things up for the common folk. Free world, democracy, bla bla...
We may not like it, but that is how things stand right now.
As you can see, even when these things became obvious for the larger number of people, mindset is not going to change.

Except, maybe US govt will say "OK, maybe we are like that, but what are you going to do about it? Huh? Well, suck it up cupcake!"
dudeist skydiver #42

"Wikileaks are for-hire mercenaries", Cryptome says.

According to the author, none of what Julian Asshat, et al have done thus far has anything to do with truth, and everything to do with making money off the leaks themselves.

Interesting remarks from another "leak" site.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

[replyAccording to the author, none of what Julian Asshat, et al have done thus far has anything to do with truth, and everything to do with making money off the leaks themselves..

the atatched leak was posted on The Arizona Star. Should we believe it ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Given that this whole issue has now escalated into economic terrorism, I have to believe they need to be removed entirely.
They are also trying to blackmail the authorities over his rape charges.

Mastercard hacked
>:(

Goose/gander
Comes around/goes around
One turn/another
:)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

"Wikileaks are for-hire mercenaries", Cryptome says.

According to the author, none of what Julian Asshat, et al have done thus far has anything to do with truth, and everything to do with making money off the leaks themselves.

Interesting remarks from another "leak" site.

mh

Funny about Cryptome...
:D:D:D

"Donate $25 for two DVDs of the Cryptome collection of files from June 1996 to the present"

One competitor bad-mouthing another...how quaint.

"Wikileaks has always been a commercial enterprise hiding behind a narcissistic "public interest" PR, says Cryptome operator John Young in a scathing critique of the site."
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239