Darius11

There Is No 'Ground Zero Mosque'

If, on the other hand, you mean this religious/community site. How exactly is it different than any of the other ones located even closer to ground zero?

Common sense! It represents a victory monument by the enemy as they have done elsewhere in history, in the world.

It just doesn't seem that difficult to me.

All the shit you have to go through at airports is the victory monument to the enemy.
People really should read a little more Gandhi and a little less Falwell.

I was thinking as I came through the TSA at MCO on Monday that had the shoe bomber succeeded in blowing up an aircraft, he would have been less successful than he was in failure. I doubt investigators would ever have figured it was his shoes from wreckage recovered from the ocean. As it is, hundreds of millions of travelers each year pay homage to him when they remove their shoes to shuffle through the metal detector.

Similarly, the unsuccessful panty bombers last Xmas have resulted in virtual strip searches for millions of us. We really have let them win.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Unfortunately, that is the underlying issue.

Nice one liner. Again.

Thank you.:)

If you actually had any point to make, you could have taken this opportunity to clarify your remarks.

I'm still composing that.

I can only assume that you are just pot stirring,

If that is all you can do, you are very limited.

cheerleading,

Nope

or are such a post whore you can't help replying to every thread.

Probably:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>Huh? I don't get your meaning.

Dude, it's a standard slam post, of the type It's like Tourette's - they don't necessarily make sense, they just come out, usually when the poster can no longer make an intelligent argument.

The proper response if you're a conservative is to begin a circle jerk. If not, best to ignore it.

that doesn't make any sense at all.
:S

It does if you look at it objectively and compare the two parties.

A much stronger hand, and less hogwash about sterotyping would go a long way toward not pussifying our nation.

Stereotyping is what it is for a reason. It is not because the information or actions portrayed in a stereotyope aren't true, it is because they are slightly inconsistent MORE than they are 100% right.

It doesn't make it less true though.

The media is propogating the bad stories, and the libersals automatically feel like they have to side with the underdog. That is what they do, that is what they live for. That gives them a cause.

By relegating themselves to that cause it is easy to forget what the right thing to do is.

Take the boat incident for example - Underdog got smushed by overwhelming forces, they planned what they were doing, they initiated the plan, all the time in favor of becoming martyrs. Liberals around the world rejoiced that they had a new cause to defend.

It's about drama - remove the drama and the fingerpointing and get over the premise that Muslims cannot be bad, because they are opressed and we can get a lot closer to a solution where the muslims that are NOT violent are accepted.

There is a simple answer to all of this.
Get the muslims to band together and with their overwhelming numbers - Stand the fuck up and denounce, as one religion anyone that is an extremist and deal with them.

Because just like people are saying about the Isrealis, if they don't do that, then they must not REALLY want peace.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Have you not been traveling in and out of the US since? Our freedoms are dropping like flies, and the Muslims want to take more of them!

It's not the Muslims who are taking away our freedoms. We're doing to ourselves.

I have seen the enemy, and he is us.

- Dan G

Dude, it's a standard slam post, of the type It's like Tourette's - they don't necessarily make sense, they just come out, usually when the poster can no longer make an intelligent argument.

The proper response if you're a conservative is to begin a circle jerk. If not, best to ignore it.

Hummm.....where are those mods?, this sounds like personal attacks....[:/]

Have you not been traveling in and out of the US since? Our freedoms are dropping like flies, and the Muslims want to take more of them!

It's not the Muslims who are taking away our freedoms. We're doing to ourselves.

I have seen the enemy, and he is us.

I agree, but the ignorant liberal fear that drove the taking of freedom, is the fear of "Muslim" terrorist...Not fear of Americans!

I agree, but the ignorant liberal fear that drove the taking of freedom, is the fear of "Muslim" terrorist...Not fear of Americans!

I'm pretty sure it's not the "liberals" who are fear mongering about Muslims.

"Liberals" are the ones that pushed for big brother to protect us, to the point of taking our freedoms, So...you are wrong..

They may say , "We love our muslim brothers" , but then vote for every right taking law, to protect us from those same people!:S

"Liberals" are the ones that pushed for big brother to protect us, to the point of taking our freedoms, So...you are wrong..

You have a really skewed view of how we got where we are. The Bush Administration put together the Patriot Act, Homeland Security, and the TSA. Were they "Liberals"?

- Dan G

A much stronger hand, and less hogwash about sterotyping would go a long way toward not pussifying our nation.

Stereotyping is what it is for a reason. It is not because the information or actions portrayed in a stereotyope aren't true, it is because they are slightly inconsistent MORE than they are 100% right.

The media is propogating the bad stories, and the libersals automatically feel like they have to side with the underdog. That is what they do, that is what they live for. That gives them a cause.

By relegating themselves to that cause it is easy to forget what the right thing to do is.

Take the boat incident for example - Underdog got smushed by overwhelming forces, they planned what they were doing, they initiated the plan, all the time in favor of becoming martyrs. Liberals around the world rejoiced that they had a new cause to defend.

It's about drama - remove the drama and the fingerpointing and get over the premise that Muslims cannot be bad, because they are opressed and we can get a lot closer to a solution where the muslims that are NOT violent are accepted.

Get the muslims to band together and with their overwhelming numbers - Stand the fuck up and denounce, as one religion anyone that is an extremist and deal with them.

Because just like people are saying about the Isrealis, if they don't do that, then they must not REALLY want peace.

How am I to know you mean "liberals" when you can't even spell it? The way these threads hop aroun, I was trying to figure out if you meant Liberia or Libya!
What "boat incident" are you referring to?
It's tough to keep up when you won't stay on topic you know...
;)

You have a really skewed view of how we got where we are. The Bush Administration put together the Patriot Act, Homeland Security, and the TSA. Were they "Liberals"?

The people that voted for it? Yes

Amazon - did you steal Bill's password?:o:o:o

How am I to know you mean "liberals" when you can't even spell it? The way these threads hop aroun, I was trying to figure out if you meant Liberia or Libya!
What "boat incident" are you referring to?
It's tough to keep up when you won't stay on topic you know...
;)

How does one accomplish that act, exactly?

There has to be some kind of Murpy's law that when you try to discredit somone with their mispellings and typos, you have a 95% chance of missing your own.:D:D:D

Nope, is more like let's build a church in Mecca, or Kabul, or in Syria, or in Iran.

Since when is the world trade center a Christian Religious Icon

Nope, is more like let's build a church in Mecca, or Kabul, or in Syria, or in Iran.

If the Saudis back the construction of a Jewish Community Center in Mecca, I might change my stance. After all, Muhammad himself was a wannabe follower of Judaism, to the extent of relocating to the City of David until his death.

I am not, however, holding my breath.

BSBD,

Winsor

>Nope, is more like let's build a church in Mecca, or Kabul, or in Syria, or
>in Iran.

There are ~600 Christian churches in Iran. Looks like they're a bit more able to deal with their "issues" than some people here are.

I am assuming you are quoting Wiki -

You forgot this part though . . . " though it had a much larger representation in the past than it does today."

Those countries are not countries where people have religious freedoms, or freedom of speech. I'm a U.S. Marine and as much as I don't want a Mosque to go near ground zero. Those people have the same rights as anyone of us have. So the question is are we going to deny people rights because they practice a different religion? It seems that is what the majority of the public wants. Should it only be Christians that can practice freedom of religion? If the U.S. or the State of New York denies these people there freedoms at what point will it be my freedoms that start getting denied and then the whole basis of a free country is now negating itself. I personally think that these people should be able to build their Mosque it is not on ground zero and the sight they planned on occupying is not a historical site no matter how many people on the New York legislature try to say that a 100 year old Burlington Coat Factory say it is. In addition lets not forget that it wasn't the Muslim faith that attacked us on 9/11 it was a group of radicals that are Muslims. I have friends who are Marines that are Muslim should I be worried that they are going to attack the U.S. because they are Muslim?