rushmc

Missouri has NO illegal Alien Problems

In 2007, Missouri placed on the ballot a proposed constitutional amendment designating English as the official language of Missouri. In November, 2008, nearly 90% voted in favor! Thus, English became the official language for ALL governmental activity in Missouri. No individual has the right to demand government services in a language OTHER than English.

In 2008, a measure was passed that required the Missouri Highway Patrol and other law enforcement officials to verify the immigration status of any person arrested, and inform federal authorities if the person is found to be in Missouri illegally. Missouri law enforcement officers receive specific training with respect to enforcement of federal immigration laws.

In Missouri, illegal immigrants do NOT have access to taxpayers benefits such as food stamps and health care through Missouri Health NET. In 2009, a measure was passed that ensures Missouri's public institutions of higher education do NOT award financial aid to individuals who are illegally in the United States.

In Missouri, all post-secondary institutions of higher education to annually certify to the Missouri Dept. of Higher Education that they have NOT knowingly awarded financial aid to students who are unlawfully present in the United States.

So while Arizona has made national news for its new law, it is important to remember Missouri has been far more proactive in addressing this horrific problem.

Missouri has made it clear that illegal immigrants are NOT welcome in the state and they will certainly NOT receive public benefits at the expense of Missouri taxpayers!

http://ozarkssentinel.com/missouri-ahead-of-the-game-in-dealing-with-illegal-immigrants-p1034.htm
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

That's funny! Nita Ayres should venture out of Branson, once and awhile. It is estimated that our State has 50,000 illegals. The cattle ranches and farms employ a large number of them. There are many fly-by-night construction crews that are mostly illegals. Ayres should take a little drive from her cushy perch in Branson and visit Monexico (Monet). Maybe even stop in Veronaco (Verona). You would be hard pressed to find a Mexican who speaks english in either of those towns (or many other small Mo. towns that have been over-ran by illegals.)
That article is a joke.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

That's funny! Nita Ayres should venture out of Branson, once and awhile. It is estimated that our State has 50,000 illegals. The cattle ranches and farms employ a large number of them. There are many fly-by-night construction crews that are mostly illegals. Ayres should take a little drive from her cushy perch in Branson and visit Monexico (Monet). Maybe even stop in Veronaco (Verona). You would be hard pressed to find a Mexican who speaks english in either of those towns (or many other small Mo. towns that have been over-ran by illegals.)
That article is a joke.

thanks I was wondering

But

Are they kept away from public monies with the laws on the books?
Abraham Lincoln

Do you think that illegal aliens are eligible for national food stamps & welfare currently?

Should the legal children of illegal aliens get what's due to citizens?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Do you think that illegal aliens are eligible for national food stamps & welfare currently?Dont know if they are eligible but I bet they get them in many cases

Should the legal children of illegal aliens get what's due to citizens?No, it is a sad unintended loop hole. Their parents should be more responcible

Wendy P.

Abraham Lincoln

Do you think that illegal aliens are eligible for national food stamps & welfare currently?

Wendy P.

You mean Anchor Babies? "No"! Deport them too..

Where do you deport a US Citizen to?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Wendy P.

You mean Anchor Babies? "No"! Deport them too..

Where do you deport a US Citizen to?

If mom and Dad are Illegal, that makes th ebaby illegal, that loophole has been used by them far too long! Deport the family, what do you want to do, break them up?

That's funny! Nita Ayres should venture out of Branson, once and awhile. It is estimated that our State has 50,000 illegals....That article is a joke.

If you read more closely, you'll notice that there is nothing in the OPs post nor in the article about there being no illegals in Missouri. No joke.

Personally, I like the way they've handled things.

Call me radical but I'd even go so far as to say that children born to illegals in this country should also be illegals. Unless you want to deport the parents and keep the kids here....that wouldn't be a good idea,eh?

I'd never heard "anchor baby" before but it certainly fits current citizenship rules.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

That's funny! Nita Ayres should venture out of Branson, once and awhile. It is estimated that our State has 50,000 illegals....That article is a joke.

If you read more closely, you'll notice that there is nothing in the OPs post nor in the article about there being no illegals in Missouri. No joke.

Personally, I like the way they've handled things.

Call me radical but I'd even go so far as to say that children born to illegals in this country should also be illegals. Unless you want to deport the parents and keep the kids here....that wouldn't be a good idea,eh?

I'd never heard "anchor baby" before but it certainly fits current citizenship rules.

My wife works at Childrens Hospital here in Dago, It is a very common term! They hurry across the border to have a baby here, so they can stay , the state wont deport them!

It would take a constitutional amendment to remove the citizenship status of "anchor babies." Then you have to decide if it applies to legal as well as illegal non-citizens, ones who were legal when they had the baby but subsequently became illegal (e.g. were here on a student visa and stayed), etc. What about the children of families where only one of the parents is an illegal immigrant?

Personally, I have no problem with the concept of deporting the parents with their children when both parents are illegal. Then later the children can return as legal adults, or we find a way for Mexicans to immigrate legally (there really aren't any now).

wrong about the constitutional amendment; I remembered the "natural-born citizens" being in there, but there's no statement that birth confers citizenship.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It would take a constitutional amendment to remove the citizenship status of "anchor babies." Then you have to decide if it applies to legal as well as illegal non-citizens, ones who were legal when they had the baby but subsequently became illegal (e.g. were here on a student visa and stayed), etc. What about the children of families where only one of the parents is an illegal immigrant?

Personally, I have no problem with the concept of deporting the parents with their children when both parents are illegal. Then later the children can return as legal adults, or we find a way for Mexicans to immigrate legally (there really aren't any now).

Wendy P.

That works...but as for there aren;t any ways now???what makes you think that?

Only on the college level. Illegals are not banned from K-12 (the "No Child Left behind Act" guarantees them an education.) Nor can they be denied health-care in the emergency room.

After my job at Hussmann Refrigeration (where I made $50,000.00+ a year) moved to Mexico, I became a sub-contractor in the siding trade with my friend JB. We were more than often under bid by Mexican crews. Our bids ranged from $150.00 to $200.00 per square (labor and material). The Mexicans would bid far under $100.00 per square. They would show up with crews of at least 20 men. They're work is often under par and they ignore codes.

JB and I won a bid on a large construction of apartments that were being built in St.Charles County. The site was owned by a developer from Texas and the majority of the crews were from Texas and Mexico. The work they did was horrendous. It got to the point, after a few weeks, that the Union Carpenter Council shut the site down. JB and I, as well as all the other Americans on the site, were paying members of the Union. The Mexicans were not. The Mexicans complained that the Union was racist and unfair. The Union pointed out that the Mexicans were mostly illegals, did not support the community as the low wages they accepted were under union scale and that they sent the money out of country, and that they ignored construction codes. The Union won and the Mexicans, many whom lived on the construction site, had to leave. The one thing that the illegals did do for us was that they provided us with extra time on the site to re-do the sub par work that they performed.

I think that there would be less illegals if more places hired union as it seems that illegals avoid places that are union.

Mind you that I am not racist and that I honestly do like the Mexican people. I grew up with Mexicans as a child in the San Joaquin Valley and I lived in Mexico for 7 months to do an inspection on their rail system. I do, however, have a problem with those who undermine the pay scales that are designed to give Americans a living wage. I do detest those who undermine the pay scales and ship that money out of the U.S.. I'll rail against those who abuse our schools and health care system. I despise anyone who wants to allow it. I have no real problem with someone wishing to be a legal citizen, although I do wish that those people would fight to make their native country what America is.

This article touches on some of what I wrote about wages.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/article_5af7e91a-263d-56a0-91ff-f5b1a6a9d9b8.html
Neil Young

I did not imply that the article said that there were no illegals in my State. I implied that there was a problem as the article implied that there was not. No joke.
Neil Young

wrong about the constitutional amendment; I remembered the "natural-born citizens" being in there, but there's no statement that birth confers citizenship. Wendy P.

Mmm, actually...

I had to double-check this, too: is it in the Constitution, or just the Citizenship Act (the latter is simply an act of Congress)?

It's in the Constitution (which means actually you were right the first time). The 14th Amendment says:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The first sentence means, among other things, that a person born in the US is automatically a US citizen.

(I suppose someone could try to do a dance with the phrase "subject to the jurisdiction thereof", and argue, for example, that a child born in the US to illegally-present parents is not "subject to the jurisdiction" of the US; but I'd predict that that argument would fail.)

So yes, it would indeed take a constitutional amendment to remove the citizenship status of "anchor babies."

ETA: Oopsie. Terror babies.

I did not imply that the article said that there were no illegals in my State. I implied that there was a problem as the article implied that there was not. No joke.

Well, the problem being addressed in the article was about "access to taxpayers benefits", not how illegals affect your personal paycheck by undercutting your prices and taking your jobs.

Who knows...maybe the entire article is BS.

But since you want to carry it out farther, how about:
- Illegals use our drinking water
- Illegals use our gas
- ad infinitum...

>You mean Anchor Babies?

The correct term is "terror babies." The GOP is never going to be able to railroad people into changing the Constitution with a lukewarm term like "anchor baby." Not scary enough.

http://washingtonindependent.com/94722/gohmert-continues-to-push-terror-babies-debate-on-14th-amendment

[:/]We're screwed.

In 2007, Missouri placed on the ballot a proposed constitutional amendment designating English as the official language of Missouri. In November, 2008, nearly 90% voted in favor! Thus, English became the official language for ALL governmental activity in Missouri. No individual has the right to demand government services in a language OTHER than English.

In 2008, a measure was passed that required the Missouri Highway Patrol and other law enforcement officials to verify the immigration status of any person arrested, and inform federal authorities if the person is found to be in Missouri illegally. Missouri law enforcement officers receive specific training with respect to enforcement of federal immigration laws.

In Missouri, illegal immigrants do NOT have access to taxpayers benefits such as food stamps and health care through Missouri Health NET. In 2009, a measure was passed that ensures Missouri's public institutions of higher education do NOT award financial aid to individuals who are illegally in the United States.

In Missouri, all post-secondary institutions of higher education to annually certify to the Missouri Dept. of Higher Education that they have NOT knowingly awarded financial aid to students who are unlawfully present in the United States.

So while Arizona has made national news for its new law, it is important to remember Missouri has been far more proactive in addressing this horrific problem.

Missouri has made it clear that illegal immigrants are NOT welcome in the state and they will certainly NOT receive public benefits at the expense of Missouri taxpayers!

http://ozarkssentinel.com/missouri-ahead-of-the-game-in-dealing-with-illegal-immigrants-p1034.htm

Me thinks that someone is just as clueless about illegals in their midst as Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is about gays in his country

If mom and Dad are Illegal, that makes th ebaby illegal, that loophole has been used by them far too long!

I'm strongly against illegal immigration, but the anchor baby situation is a very tough one, because it is not clear where you draw the line.

Imagine the following scenario:

A 90-year old man--can prove he was born in the USA--can prove that he has lived in the USA his entire life except when he served his country honorably in Europe in WW2--and is now living primarily on Social Security.

Unfortunately he can't prove that his parents were legal here, because they were born 130 years ago, records are sketchy going back that far, and he's no longer well enough to aggressively do the genealogical legwork that possibly might prove their long-ago status.

Do you cut off his Social Security check because his parents might have been illegals?
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

Only on the college level. Illegals are not banned from K-12 (the "No Child Left behind Act" guarantees them an education.) Nor can they be denied health-care in the emergency room.

After my job at Hussmann Refrigeration (where I made $50,000.00+ a year) moved to Mexico, I became a sub-contractor in the siding trade with my friend JB. We were more than often under bid by Mexican crews. Our bids ranged from $150.00 to $200.00 per square (labor and material). The Mexicans would bid far under $100.00 per square. They would show up with crews of at least 20 men. They're work is often under par and they ignore codes.

JB and I won a bid on a large construction of apartments that were being built in St.Charles County. The site was owned by a developer from Texas and the majority of the crews were from Texas and Mexico. The work they did was horrendous. It got to the point, after a few weeks, that the Union Carpenter Council shut the site down. JB and I, as well as all the other Americans on the site, were paying members of the Union. The Mexicans were not. The Mexicans complained that the Union was racist and unfair. The Union pointed out that the Mexicans were mostly illegals, did not support the community as the low wages they accepted were under union scale and that they sent the money out of country, and that they ignored construction codes. The Union won and the Mexicans, many whom lived on the construction site, had to leave. The one thing that the illegals did do for us was that they provided us with extra time on the site to re-do the sub par work that they performed.

I think that there would be less illegals if more places hired union as it seems that illegals avoid places that are union.

Mind you that I am not racist and that I honestly do like the Mexican people. I grew up with Mexicans as a child in the San Joaquin Valley and I lived in Mexico for 7 months to do an inspection on their rail system. I do, however, have a problem with those who undermine the pay scales that are designed to give Americans a living wage. I do detest those who undermine the pay scales and ship that money out of the U.S.. I'll rail against those who abuse our schools and health care system. I despise anyone who wants to allow it. I have no real problem with someone wishing to be a legal citizen, although I do wish that those people would fight to make their native country what America is.

This article touches on some of what I wrote about wages.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/article_5af7e91a-263d-56a0-91ff-f5b1a6a9d9b8.html

Thanks for the info

Damn good post
And while I have my issues with unions at times (and i belonged to one for 17 years) They do have their places and their good points

Thanks again
Abraham Lincoln

>You mean Anchor Babies?

The correct term is "terror babies." The GOP is never going to be able to railroad people into changing the Constitution with a lukewarm term like "anchor baby." Not scary enough.

http://washingtonindependent.com/94722/gohmert-continues-to-push-terror-babies-debate-on-14th-amendment

Yoru like a dog with a bone, you can;t get away from that "fear" thing....wanting to make things better, and safer, does not mean "scared" find a new tool!:S