Skyrad

Sick of Republican Vs Democrats

from what i can see you're doing magnificently . keep up the energy and effort ! and don't let the bastards get you down -Gen George C. Patton- !

LOL

Do you really think I consider this adversity? Consider this, in the past I've been called me chicken hawk. I have yet to this day wait for that particular poster to recognize she was in fact proven extremely wrong on that matter.

He/She questions my service, but yet, I have thanked her for her service.

A long time ago I (and still to this date) use a term for describing terrorists, that have been banned for using it to describe these knuckle heads. To this date, I still abide to my words to give peace a chance, by killing, maiming or even aiding, (depending if they survive after confrontation, suscribing and following geneva conventions) these animals.

Time and time again, when I see the anger on those people I have risked my life for called me biggot, or hateful, or coward, makes me smile, because no matter how many degrees, if they are PHD's or "brain surgeons" they won't ever get it.

Even though I don't like our current CIC, I will still abide with the orders he may or may not give me, depending of course if those are lawful orders.

Later
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

i agree , i honor those who served , even if they dishonor my service . as far as i know , there was a book entitled chickenhawk that i read . it was an autobiography of a huey pilot in vietnam . it loosley followed narrative of catch - 22 by joseph heller. the insanity of war from the POV of someone forced to be there , and to the greatest extent possible were there in body only ! i don't believe volunteer warriors fit that mold . anyway i'm rambling in preparation for skydive dallas trip friday. wish me luck !

...Its not so much the subjects as the way they're discussed (or not as the case usually is). Its the narrow mindedness that is so frustrating. I can't decide if its intellectual lazyness or shear stupidity

I can only but agree with Jamile here. There is never a real debate about issues any more. The usual suspects spend all their time insulting, belittling, attacking, and generally embarrasing themselves. We have the crude and insessant obsession with anal sex, as in "Butt Hurt", bestiality as in "Goat Fuck" and simple childish attempts at trying to sound clever, but being completely assinine. Consider "rePUBICans", "conservitards", "Obuma", and all the other extremely childish and infantile insults.

There was a time when real debate took place, but as has been said, those posters have lost interest. Now we have these ridiculess pissing contests of "You said, I said", "Show me where" etc. etc.

I used to enjoy the banter here. Alas.... no more.

Max, where are you when this forum needs you????

Well said Erroll. Max is a good example of a poster who I don't always agree with but whos posts I read because they rationally post the other view and make me question my stand point. On occasion I have changed my mind because of such posts.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I'm sick of reading about RWCs and Bleeding heart Libs. Do you Americans realise that the rest of the world doesn't fall into either catogory. Obama is no more a Maxist than Regan was a Nazi. Why is it that the US is so bi-parthide? so much hatred from one side to the other, so simplistic in outlook and world view. Truely, its pathetic.

Because it is good for business.

The owner of the Fark.com website wrote a book about
his observations.

One thing that he noted is the Pepsi-Coke false dichotomy.
There are always ads comparing Pepsi and Coke, as if
there were no other choices.
In this situation though, you can actually make the
choice of another flavor and get the drink you want.
(At least superficially, drink flavors are owned on a
regional level, so the money goes to a limited number
of owners)

If you choose, someone who does not have a voting
coalition behind them, your candidate may win, but
spend their elected term being used as the whipping boy
for the other parties - and accomplish little.

Thank you for your reply.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I think it is pathetic anyone in the world tries to say to anyone of any other nation you are less "cultured" than us.

I'm glad to see that you have changed your opinion. It was not always so.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

This leads to the question: why is international awareness important?

:o

I truly do hope this is your - and only your - own opinion.

Francis Bacon: Knowledge is power

Some things:
(1) what do you hope is my opinion?; and
(2) kindly answer the question: Why is international awareness important? Then, how about why international awareness should be important to me. If you think you can answer the latter question without imposing your innate view of your own cultural superiority to my inferiority then you are mistaken. In a sense, there is little difference between you and the ugly American.

I admit I like the ethos with which I was raised. While it is not blessed ignorance, the lack of ready availability of fuel in Cap D'Antibes isn't nearly so much of a problem to me as is my son's soccer game this evening.

(3) "Knowledge is not power." I think that knowledge is merely a component of power. The power, as I see it, comes from what a person knows and how that person acquires and deploys resources to maximize the utility of that knowledge. I'm sorry, but knowing the surf conditions in Cap D'Antibes tomorrow would really detract mental resources from something that would be powerful - such as whether to start Anthony Gonzalez or David Gettis as my number 3 receiver in Fantasy Football.

What are your thoughts on this subject, beacon of international awareness? I'm seeing Gettis as establishing himself as a number 2 receiver for the Panthers and alleviating some pressure on Steve Smith. Gonzalez, on the other hand, has talent and has Manning throwing to him, and Houston's pass defense has been marginal at best.

I like that Gettis is playing the Rams. While the Rams are decent defensively, their pass coverage is also somewhat marginal. Gettis also shredded a 3-4 scheme last week and will do well depending on how much the Rams play a Cover 2 shell.

This is something that is important to me, as well as to tens of thousands of other people here in the States. I'll start whomever you tell me to start. Do I start Gonzalez or Gettis?

Make your call and provide me with a bare minimum of informed reasoning and I'll take your advice.

Then again, it may be that you haven't ever even heard of David Gettis before. If you haven't, it is either a shame OR it may be that you find Fantasy Footbal "boring" or even that it just means nothing to you....

Show some awareness. Show your knowledge and tell me where to go with this.

Tell you what?? Your reply just shows you did not understand anything.

To compare (international) awareness or knowledge with your above *examples of knowledge* really is an insult to my intelligence.(Not first time I had to note that you seem to be far away from beeing a real jurisconsult. There is missing some substance in your diction.)

Anyhow, thanks for your reply by providing me an insight into a different world of of thinking resp. your way of thinking.

:ph34r:

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Or if we want to phrase it in a Euro Centric manner - why pay attention to Euro elections besides Germany, France, and the UK? Those 3 matter more than everyone else combined

Um -- who here in the US pays enough attention to the German, French & British elections to be able to reliably name who's running when one is going on? Most USians aren't real big on paying attention to other countries. [:/]

But Dilma Roussef won in Brazil.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I asked you more relevant, less leading questions, including:

"Or if we want to phrase it in a Euro Centric manner - why pay attention to Euro elections besides Germany, France, and the UK? Those 3 matter more than everyone else combined."

"Why paying attention to any election outside the US?"

That, much more, seems to be the general opinion from the other side of the pond. :P

I do not remember your question, sorry.

It's simply shortsighted to reduce the EU just on above 3 countries. Do not underestimate EU countries. As an example, have a closer look at Poland.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Or if we want to phrase it in a Euro Centric manner - why pay attention to Euro elections besides Germany, France, and the UK? Those 3 matter more than everyone else combined

Um -- who here in the US pays enough attention to the German, French & British elections to be able to reliably name who's running when one is going on? Most USians aren't real big on paying attention to other countries. [:/]

But Dilma Roussef won in Brazil.

Wendy P.

Is that Wilma Flintstone in Portuguese???

:)

"Or if we want to phrase it in a Euro Centric manner - why pay attention to Euro elections besides Germany, France, and the UK? Those 3 matter more than everyone else combined."

That, much more, seems to be the general opinion from the other side of the pond. :P

It's simply shortsighted to reduce the EU just on above 3 countries. Do not underestimate EU countries. As an example, have a closer look at Poland.

I think we should just cut all of you loose to do as you will.

If you want to protect yourslef from others.. I think you need to foot your own bills.

Poland - the place spending billions of Euros (primarily from others) to fix its awful road system. Even when that's done, how relevant will it be to the world?

To compare (international) awareness or knowledge with your above *examples of knowledge* really is an insult to my intelligence.(Not first time I had to note that you seem to be far away from beeing a real jurisconsult. There is missing some substance in your diction.)

Oh. So somehow what you think is important is what is important and doesn't matter?

Anyone who tells me that international minutiae should be more important TO ME than my son's soccer game can go fuck themselves. I understand that my son's soccer game doesn't mean shit to you. That's as it should be. I'm so sorry for not worrying about the labor riots in Paris because my son was playing soccer. But I'll tell you, it meant the world TO ME.

What do I give a shit about the austerity provisions? Sure, plenty of Europe has gotten itself into serious shit. Well, I'm a bit more worried about what's going on in my neighborhood than what is going on in yours. I make no apologies about that. You can maintain that same Euro-trash haughtiness about how ignorant and uncaring I am. Be my guest. Our country got STARTED because we were sick of Europe and just wanted to be left alone. Go a century without a war on your continent - butt the fuck out of everyone else's business.

Europe is like the US - only instead of France and Luxembourg and Norway we have Texas and Delaware and Alaska. We have PLENTY of stuff going on here to occupy our attention. Starting right here.

You mind your business. Do what you think is important. Go on and think, "Americans don't care what's going on in the world" in one breath and bitch that America sticks it's nose everywhere in the other. We're used to it. We get off on it.

[Reply]Anyhow, thanks for your reply by providing me an insight into a different world of of thinking resp. your way of thinking.

:ph34r:

Not a problem. Sure, my thinking is different froms yours. But, since you are from Europe, yours is the superior thought. That's right - Americans are worse than you. We are ignorant, unenlightened, stupid and otherwise mindless drones.

This, of course, may be why the US is a superpower. We take care of ourselves - and not taken care of by anybody (this, of course, is changing).

I'll put my education against yours any day. I'll put my life experiences against yours any day. I'll put my level of international awareness against yours any day (Uncle Sam trained me to kill you, after all). And our view of foreign places is understandable considering that America is populated by immigrants. When you find yourself one-on-one with some shop owner of a European ethinicity that is so idiotic that they fled to our shores to escape the threat of French military avtion or the comparative intellectual brilliance of their Polack neighbors.

Since our country is populated by those fed up with Eurotrash weenies, plenty of us just don't give a shit. We are vastly more interested in a NY governor baging hokkers than we are of some hemophiliac inbred accident-of-birth Prince banging a horse instead of his wife. I am bored by any place that would let Franco stay in power so long because nobody had tje balls to shove a fork in his neck at dinner.

We have our own inbred rednecks. And we get talked down to enough by the right-wing bible thumpers and left wing ivory tower pseudointellectualnouveau rock riche.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

You mind your business. Do what you think is important. Go on and think, "Americans don't care what's going on in the world" in one breath and bitch that America sticks it's nose everywhere in the other. We're used to it. We get off on it.

And there lies a truth. It's the primary reason why for the bulk of the 20th and the beginning of the 21st century the USA has been sucked into little wars all over the globe and keeps on getting it's ass kicked.
Ignorance is not a crime and I'm glad you get off on it but a national ego so large that it prevents you from learning from your mistakes is quite sad.

(Uncle Sam trained me to kill you, after all)

Somebody has been reading way too much Stephen Ambrose :P

I think we should just cut all of you loose to do as you will.

If you want to protect yourslef from others.. I think you need to foot your own bills.

?? Could your post be a bit clearer? It would make it easier to understand you. I'm an alien, ya know :P

Who is "... all of you ..."?

Who are the "... (from) others ... "?

And, exactly which part of my post made you reply in enigma??

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I am a firm supporter of bringing all US forces home and using our money to improve our own country instead of paying off every Tom with a Harry Dick dictator to be our "friend".

I am a firm supporter if the rest of the world wants to "get it on" go for it, there are too man many people anyway.
The rest of the world needs to pay for its own security and defense and ween themselves from the USA as World Police.

I think the damn near free ride that Europe and Japan/Korea has been on needs to cease.

I am a firm supporter of bringing all US forces home and using our money to improve our own country instead of paying off every Tom with a Harry Dick dictator to be our "friend".

I am a firm supporter if the rest of the world wants to "get it on" go for it, there are too man many people anyway.
The rest of the world needs to pay for its own security and defense and ween themselves from the USA as World Police.

+100
Dom

Wouldn't you want to start in your own southern states first

Yes!!!! I think we should take care of our own first. Once our house is in order then we can help out others. I just thought it was funny that someone from S.A. is gonna stand on a soapbox and talk down on the U.S.
Dom

Wouldn't you want to start in your own southern states first

Yes!!!! I think we should take care of our own first. Once our house is in order then we can help out others. I just thought it was funny that someone from S.A. is gonna stand on a soapbox and talk down on the U.S.

I think a few someones in the southern hemisphere have gotten all "Butt Hurt", about "Goat Fuck " policies and they aspire to be "rePUBICan" "conservitard"s but are prevented from joining the club. :ph34r::ph34r: