skyrider

"I'm Exhausted Of Defending You"

Even his Hand picked Town hall meeting, Could not save the truth from being asked!
The Video, (wish they had included is stammering answer)
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/09/20/cnbc_town_hall_questioner_to_obama_im_exhausted_of_defending_you.html

Teh stacked crowd:L
On Monday, CNBC will host a town hall on the difficult state of the economy with President Obama in the Washington area. But finding suitable audience members to ask questions of the president is apparently proving difficult.

According to an e-mail sent to an Ivy Leaguer (who also happens to be a big-time Republican), the network is reaching out to members of the Princeton Club for town hall participants. Here’s the e-mail, helpfully forwarded to Power Play:

Dear XXXXX, AN ALUMNI ALERT ….

The Princeton Club of Washington has received a TIME-SENSITIVE INVITATION to participate in a TOWN HALL with President Obama on Sept. 20. A special group will be selected for this, and it will be held in the Washington, D.C. area…. On Monday September 20, CNBC will be holding a special live town hall event from Washington D.C., featuring President Barack Obama.

We would like to invite you to be a member of the audience. We want your voice to be heard. We are looking to capture the sentiment of the nation ahead of the midterm elections. Audience members will have the opportunity to ask their questions directly to the president during the live event.

REQUIRED: That you be available from 10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. on Monday, September 20. If this fits with your schedule, please e-mail the required information listed below to our producer: xxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx This information if for security purposes, since the White House requires all audience members to be screened 72-hours in advance.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/cnbc-s ... umni-club/

>Notice the Moron and chief first reaction is to laugh, he must think he is
>on Candid camera, and it is a Joke...No, this is America asshole, and even
>those you fooled , have had enough!

I can't imagine what your blood pressure must be like day to day.

I can't imagin how you EVER got the title MOD....You are an instigator, NOT a Moderator![:/]

Now if you are done with your childish personal attacks, Back on topic!

Disappointed Supporters Question Obama
By MICHAEL D. SHEAR
It took only a few minutes into CNBC’s town-hall-style meeting for President Obama to get questions that cut to the heart of his political problem.

An African-American woman who described herself as a chief financial officer, a mother and a military veteran said she was disappointed that Mr. Obama had not lived up to her once-lofty expectations.

“I’m exhausted of defending you, defending your administration. … I’m deeply disappointed where we are right now,” she said, adding that when she voted for Mr. Obama, she thought he would change Washington. “I’m waiting, sir. I’m waiting. I don’t feel it yet. … Is this my new reality?”

Moments later, a young man offered a similar theme. He noted that the president had ignited a wave of inspiration for young people and students.

“That inspiration is dying away,” he said. “It feels like the American dream is not attainable for a lot of us. … Is the American dream dead for me?”

Together, the comments reflected the erosion of support among the constituency that swept Mr. Obama into office in 2008. And both were rooted in concerns about the struggling economy and its impact on future generations.

Mr. Obama told both attendees to remain hopeful. He defended his administration’s efforts to increase money for student loans, impose new laws on credit card companies and insurance companies, and stabilize the economy.

“I am confident that the American dream will continue,” Obama told the young man, adding that “there is not a country in the world that would not want to change places with us.”

He told the woman who said she was disappointed that “there are a whole host of things that we have put in place that do make your life better,” but he quickly cautioned, “I understand your frustration.”

“My goal here is not to convince you that everything is where it needs to be,” Mr. Obama told her. “But what I am saying is that we are moving in the right direction.”

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/20/disappointed-supporters-question-obama/

Similar story:
More House Democrats stressing independence from Pelosi, Obama
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/19/AR2010091904585_pf.html

So, it has happend before aruement...Jeeeezus, we used to hang people on crosses, and lock up children with downs syndrume so is that stil OK?

My gawd, can you people not learn from mistakes? Or can you only find past mistakes to make is seem Ok to fuck up again?

Following "Your" logic, Jumpers used to open at 500 to 800 feet, so we all shoudl still be able to do that ...:S

If they're sending an email out to folks and asking for it to be forwarded to potentially interested parties, I don't believe it could be considered cherry-picking. And the ranks of Ivy-Leaguers are probably not disproportionately liberal. Sounds to me like they're looking for intelligent questions from articulate people who are used to being in a position of power (that would describe a decent number of former Ivy-Leaguers,wouldn't it?).

So, while there are people who disagree with him, he's not trying to hide or quash them, he'd rather listen and answer.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

If they're sending an email out to folks and asking for it to be forwarded to potentially interested parties, I don't believe it could be considered cherry-picking. And the ranks of Ivy-Leaguers are probably not disproportionately liberal. Sounds to me like they're looking for intelligent questions from articulate people who are used to being in a position of power (that would describe a decent number of former Ivy-Leaguers,wouldn't it?).

So, while there are people who disagree with him, he's not trying to hide or quash them, he'd rather listen and answer.

Wendy P.

This was a carefull picked town hall crowd

Now watch the video and look at his expression then ask yourself the same question

Me? I am sure he was not expecting a question like this in any context
But, that is just my opinion
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

What makes you say that?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

What makes you say that?

Wendy P.

ABC reported it was by invitation only
Then look at who was invited
Abraham Lincoln

Well, unless it's a controlled venue, he's not talking in person. You should have seen the security when Reagan and Bush spoke at NASA after the accidents, and those people are all previously-vetted by virtue of federal employment or contracting.

I'm still not sure why inviting members of the Princeton club is selecting for sympathetic audience members, unless it's because Michelle Obama went to Princeton. But, ya know -- so did a whole lot of conservatives (including the one who forwarded it and publicized it).

Do you think that Ivy Leaguers are more liberal than the world at large? They're certainly more likely to be wealthy and in charge.

Wendy P.

Do you think that Ivy Leaguers are more liberal than the world at large? .

Wendy P.

Ivy Leage educators as are are most educators and gov employees in general.
Abraham Lincoln

I can't imagin how you EVER got the title MOD....You are an instigator, NOT a Moderator![:/]

skyriders bp will be just fine after he posts in " worst presidents " list !

:ph34r:

Oh look... whats that sigline???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amazon

I am so flattered you pay me SOOOOOOOOO much attention.:ph34r:

Even his Hand picked Town hall meeting

It's refreshing to see the audience wasn't hand picked by a news station to perpetuate a campaign narrative while the media was locked out. For those that can't remember, this is how town halls used to work and all open political forums should. However the preference is for ideological circle jerks that makes everyone feel better about their view point that has never been exposed to the light of day. It's never a good idea to be fully inline with a political representative and they should always go challenged including by the people that voted them in. This makes the system work as it's intended.

It should also be noted that the so called liberal mainstream media reported this story in full today.

:ph34r:

Oh look... whats that sigline???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amazon

I am so flattered you pay me SOOOOOOOOO much attention.:ph34r:

Just be careful...it may be a shitlist rather than a sigline!:o

but than again, maybe he just likes to shop.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Speaking out against Obama's policies? She's obviously a hateful, racist clinger.

Any criticism of him at all makes her a racist.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Note that Powell said that Obama's approach needed to change; he is passing too much legislation. He's not disavowing him.

I can criticize candidates I have every intention of voting for, and find good things in candidates I have no intention of voting for. It's part of not seeing things in black and white.

Wendy P.

Note that Powell said that Obama's approach needed to change; he is passing too much legislation. He's not disavowing him.
I can criticize candidates I have every intention of voting for, and find good things in candidates I have no intention of voting for. It's part of not seeing things in black and white.
Wendy P.

it's why we have rods , and cones !