nigel99

Prof Hawkins views

I could - but you wouldn't accept it anyway.

Let's see. I'm waiting - full of expectation.

:|

You wouldn't accept it, I'll not waste my time.

Give it a try. A letter, a pic, a recorded (phone) call, an email - anything, a wordly court would accept, too.

I know, of course, GWB had a leased-circuit with his *voice from above* but, unfortunately (like you) was not prepared to let us simple folks have a look into it.

Otherwise, you'd be considered a liar, mate.

:P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

--Give it a try.

It would probably be like convincing a blind person who has their eyes closed that those around them can see. They would deny eveything you told them because no matter what you said they still couldn't see. Those of us who who know God and have seen the perfect way He fits and fulfills our lives have our proof.

"None is so blind as those who choose not to see"

--Give it a try.

It would probably be like convincing a blind person who has their eyes closed that those around them can see. They would deny eveything you told them because no matter what you said they still couldn't see. Those of us who who know God and have seen the perfect way He fits and fulfills our lives have our proof.

"None is so blind as those who choose not to see"

True, but we often see what we want to.

I challenge anybody to produce proof of God.
Proof that will stand up in a court of law. (far less proof than needed for science).

The old movie Oh God had a pretty neat take on "proof" of God.

He simply won't provide it.

I have had experiences that have convinced me of the existence of God (mostly anyway).

Very subjective and circumstantial. Small miracles if you will. But I realize that it may simply be my desire for the existence of God that makes me believe in these miracles.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Proof that will stand up in a court of law. (far less proof than needed for science).

That is kind of funny. I am sure God will have His own "court of law" and I bet it won't look anything like the mickey mouse legal system that is foisted on us here in the USA. Our legal system is set up to provide lawyers with an income totally unproportional to the service they render.

God will be just , and God will be fair. And God's verdict will be final.

for those who believe no proof is necessary
for those who don't believe no proof is possible
attribution on request
human existence is IMPOSSIBLE without faith !

Actually, human existence is entirely possible without faith.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

for those who believe no proof is necessary
for those who don't believe no proof is possible
attribution on request
human existence is IMPOSSIBLE without faith !

Actually, human existence is entirely possible without faith.

we might be agreeing , depending on what you mean by faith. we use many appliances , conveyances , and systems on an everyday basis that we know little or nothing about . yet we have faith they will to some measure operate as advertised. not ONE of us is guaranteed tomorrow , let alone our next breath , yet we act in a manner that we are. what does this and all in our human existence require ?

Now, if he had predicted that the world would end in 2007, then he'd really have accomplished something.

You didn't get the memo? It's been moved up to 12/21/2012.

I'm still waiting to hear exactly what will end. The Universe? The world? (We'll need clarification for the term world on that one). The Earth? Civilization? Humanity?

The nutjob people always need at least one really vague component in their claim. Since they've picked a specific date, you can expect the predicted event to be so vague that they can point to just about any natural or man-made disaster and say "See, there it is."
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

That is kind of funny. I am sure God will have His own "court of law" and I bet it won't look anything like the mickey mouse legal system that is foisted on us here in the USA. Our legal system is set up to provide lawyers with an income totally unproportional to the service they render.

Just use the court of sharian law. That was easy. Next?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Prove it.

Patience, patience, your proof will arrive.

Godot should be here any minute now. Feel free to hold your breath.

2 Peter 3:8-9
But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...