JohnRich

Obama Blocks Import of Antique Rifles

I personally own an M1 Carbine...

Oh my! Are you sure you're not a gangster, and that you're not going to accidentally shoot someone with it? I'm not sure that Obama can trust you with that deadly weapon of war...

I have an IBM M1 Carbine, and "several" M1 Garands, all purchased surplus from the U.S. government. Lions and tigers and antique rifles, oh my!

...you're...

"...are you so worked-up over this that you're typing too fast? "

Fell over your own feet, mate?

You should study-up on your English a bit, before trying to criticize mine. You're wrong.

"You're": http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/you%27re

So you think that "maybe that principle doesn't apply any more now that you are chosen-one is in charge" makes sense as a sentence?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I personally own an M1 Carbine...

Oh my! Are you sure you're not a gangster, and that you're not going to accidentally shoot someone with it? I'm not sure that Obama can trust you with that deadly weapon of war...

I have an IBM M1 Carbine, and "several" M1 Garands, all purchased surplus from the U.S. government. Lions and tigers and antique rifles, oh my!

I am sure "Barry" has read your admission and will be there to grab those in a couple hours.

Where did I claim I don't stand behind my words? Looks to me like just another guy making words up, that I have never said. If that's all you've got to criticize me with, then you've already lost the argument.

Do pay attention. I didn't say it was something you said: it's something that's apparent in damn near every thread you contribute to. You make inflammatory, emotionally charged statements and then weasle around sniping away at anyone who reads them in context or picks up on the blatant implications or subtexts provided, claiming you meant only the most neutral and limited interpretation possible.

As point scoring methods go I guess you might say it's effective, but at the end of the day it just makes you look like a man without the balls to say what he means and stand by it.

Defending myself against people like you who claim I've said things that I've never said, is not whining. It's a justified counter-argument. So once again, your second strawman argument burns to ashes.

I haven't claimed you've said something you haven't said. That's your strawman.

...you're...

"...are you so worked-up over this that you're typing too fast? "

Fell over your own feet, mate?

You should study-up on your English a bit, before trying to criticize mine. You're wrong.

"You're": http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/you%27re

Oh my :D:D:D

Your so right, Mr. Rich, and your on a roll, indeed ....

Bwahahahaaaa ....

(Oh wait, perhaps that's Texas style :o ?? )

edited to add:

Why on earth did you delete parts of your comment? *I'm on a roll* was really amusing :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Remember when the NRA and the rest of the gun lobbyists had all you guys shaking in your boots that Obama was going to confiscate all your guns, so you and the other suckers would go to the gun shops and buy every gun and bullet you could find?

Quade's no boy scout. Instead of "Be Prepared," he works with the motto of "Be Hopeful."

And their obvious retort will be that nothing has changed with guns because the NRA, other gun rights, and millions of gun owners made it clear that if he tried, that we'd see a repeat of 2000 again. You can't disprove such a claim.

Since guns and bullets are quite durable items, and since I've never see gun prices go down in CA (and instead have increased much like medical inflation), there's not much harm in overstocking, up to the point where you pay in exceed for ammunition.

>Quade's no boy scout. Instead of "Be Prepared," he works with the motto
>of "Be Hopeful."
Contrast with the gun nut's position of "be afraid." (Or, more accurately, "Poll: Will Obama GRAB YOUR GUNS?")

but at least he has options.

Everybody has the option to not let their lives be manipulated by unfounded fear.

The fear of having your guns taken away by Obama and the need to go out and buy everything in stock was completely unfounded.

Admit it, you guys got played.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Everybody has the option to not let their lives be manipulated by unfounded fear.

The fear of having your guns taken away by Obama and the need to go out and buy everything in stock was completely unfounded.

Admit it, you guys got played.

I think you grossly overstate what happened. People individually make their decisions and it doesn't take that big an uptick to saturate a small market like civilian guns and ammo, esp when we are active in two wars.

Me, I haven't gotten anything since the early part of the decade - ~2003. But I certainly would suggest that anyone who has nothing and is thinking about getting a weapon to do it sooner than later. The cost of a good handgun in CA has increased a couple hundred dollars since I got the first in 1999. Choices have become more limited as well. Unlike cars or electronics, guns do not fall apart, do not age provided very limited maintenance and storage sense is used.

[regulator] Can I assume that IBM was one of the companies that were asked to manufacture weapons during the war or am I mistaken?

You are correct. Many companies with no gun manufacturing experience, but lots of the correct kinds of machinery, were pressed into service producing arms for the war. IBM (typewriters), Caterpillar (bulldozers), Singer (sewing machines), GM (cars), and National Postal Meter, are but a few.

[jakee] So you think that "maybe that principle doesn't apply any more now that you are chosen-one is in charge" makes sense as a sentence?

That wasn't the sentence which she highlighted, so I had no idea that is to what she was referring.

[Amazon] I am sure "Barry" has read your admission and will be there to grab those in a couple hours.

Why would he do that? They're legal. And why put "Barry" in quotes? That's a real name that Barack used to call himself.

[jakee] I didn't say it was something you said...

Thank you for admitting that you put words in my mouth that I didn't actually say.

[christelsabine] (Oh wait, perhaps that's Texas style??)

You can never resist a good old bashing of Texas, can you? Don't look now, but your bigotry is showing again.

[christelsabine] Why on earth did you delete parts of your comment? *I'm on a roll*

It's called editing. When I see something I posted that could be said better, I'll change it. You should try it sometime.

I think you grossly overstate what happened.

Really? Then why were so many people bitching and moaning about it? Why were so many people complaining about not being able to find ammo?

All one needs do is a cursory search of this forum to see the runaway fear folks had about it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I think you grossly overstate what happened.

Really? Then why were so many people bitching and moaning about it? Why were so many people complaining about not being able to find ammo?

People were bitching and moaning about $4 gas too. That didn't stem from a paranoid mob all trying to buy gas at once. It was a very small imbalance between supply and demand.

Without answering to the actual intent, the act of preventing this import is exactly the sort of thing you could expect for a gun controller type authority. It's a minor matter and no one is going to make a big stink over it. If you can't implement unpopular real reform, you stick to the petty.

That wasn't the sentence which she highlighted, so I had no idea that is to what she was referring.

Actually, the offending word was highlighted, you just didn't bother to look. So for a quick running tally; you're wrong, you're wrong about not being wrong and you're wrong about Christel not showing you where you were wrong.

Was that little dig at Quade really worth getting into this hole?

Thank you for admitting that you put words in my mouth that I didn't actually say.

Apparently you are unaware what 'didn't' means.

[jakee] So you think that "maybe that principle doesn't apply any more now that you are chosen-one is in charge" makes sense as a sentence?

That was exactly the sentence *she*referred to. You're a funny little negator, JohnRich, aren't you? (Or should I say: Arent'you?)

In German, we have another word for that - also starts with an *L* like in English :|

Texas style? Don't know - but surely JR style. :|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Actually, the offending word was highlighted, you just didn't bother to look. So for a quick running tally; you're wrong, you're wrong about not being wrong and you're wrong about Christel not showing you where you were wrong.

Better to spare your time, your energy for something else. He's just a poster unable to accept that typing his own language was a bit erroneous. Which, in fact, is nothing special. Typing or, f. e. speaking, erroneously .... happens to the best of us. Look at GWB.

Bwahahahaaaa - Texas will banish me for lifetime :ph34r:

JR, let me copy your words: I'm on a roll tonight :):ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

dudeist skydiver # 3105

jakee & christel:

I see you're having a lot of fun with personal bashing. But I've yet to see you post anything to justify why M1 Garands and M1 Carbines should be banned from import. Would you actually like to address the subject? Or is bashing individuals over fabricated misperceptions, and hurling insults, all you guys have got?

And why put "Barry" in quotes? That's a real name that Barack used to call himself.

Do you still call yourself "Johnny" if you ever called yourself that?

I know my brothers used to append a "y" to their names; one of them even in college sometimes. But they don't use those anymore.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The only ridiculous game being "played" here is the one where somebody blows what is probably a minor paperwork issue into an alleged major policy statement of "Obama Blocks Import of Antique Rifles."
Omaba has done no such thing and it's dishonest to say he has.

See? There's those word games again. .

Irony score 10/10. Read your own thread title.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.