rushmc

Obama. Open and Honest Again

Salazar doesn't seem like he is all there mentally.

Modifying something after it is signed like that is really low.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Salazar doesn't seem like he is all there mentally.

Modifying something after it is signed like that is really low.

He doesn't remotely need to be... this is governmentland, rules are FUMU (f^%$ up move up), and where businesses are rewarded for failing. Afterall, it's all on taxpayer dime so who cares.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

That's funny - I don't see reference to this in ANY of the other press sources.

I wonder why that is.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

"I wonder why that is"

Um... because it's not true. Again. Do you honestly not know to be wary of anything reported by Fox "News"?

Rebuttle sources?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

so you're ok with a government official modifying a report made by citizens? A change that reverses the opinions of these citizens? And making that change after they endorsed the report and not consulting them?

You're ok with all that?
--
Rob

so you're ok with a government official modifying a report made by citizens? A change that reverses the opinions of these citizens? And making that change after they endorsed the report and not consulting them?

You're ok with all that?

Of course she is!

Because Obama can do no wrong, and since it's his adminstration, the blind eye gets turned to where it is needed.

If their sign-off was stated and formed part of what people are supposed to judge, then any substantive content should have been reviewed by them. If they reviewed it and then grammatical and language changes were made, then generally it's not considered to be an issue.

So if Salazar did, in fact, add substantive content and present it as a group effort that was wrong.

But you (and not necessarily the rhaig "you") knew that. Some folks just hoping for a general opprobrium of all things Obama.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

You're ok with all that?

In light of what has occured..... damn right skippy.

They get to make INPUT like good little oil industry "experts"...... the people in charge of POLICY..... get to make the decisions, based on all the available facts.

You're ok with all that?

They get to make INPUT like good little oil industry "experts"...... the people in charge of POLICY..... get to make the decisions, based on all the available facts.

So if you wrote a self evaluation for submission to your employer, and after you signed it, the recommendation you gave yourself was modified and additional language was added to show a different recommendation, you'd be ok with that too, right?

http://www.click2houston.com/news/23833753/detail.html

Quote from the article:
Arnold said the government did not change he and his colleagues' words, but rather included the current moratorium in an executive summary not reviewed by the group before it was approved by the president and made public.

Definition of an executive summary:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_summary

So my understanding is that Arnold and the other oil experts were only one part of the original research, Salazar also had any number of other expert opinions and facts and then came to a conclusion and recommendation in the final executive summary which was presented to President Obama.
Arnold does not agree with the final --- so fox "news" concludes that the reports were falsified.

Also, maybe I'm missing something, but the actual moratorium does not seem all that different from what Albert et al. recommended. (although in other fox news articles, they claim there is a complete ban on drilling in the gulf, which is simply not true)

I really think you need to reconsider your news sources.

Arnold does not agree with the final --- so fox "news" concludes that the reports were falsified.

I really think you need to reconsider your news sources.

Where did you read "Falsified" even the TITLE says 'Misrepresented' .

You're ok with all that?

I didn't mean to ask "in this specific case" I meant in general.

you appear to be ok with government modifying the written opinion of it's citizens.
--
Rob

You're ok with all that?

So if you wrote a self evaluation for submission to your employer, and after you signed it, the recommendation you gave yourself was modified and additional language was added to show a different recommendation, you'd be ok with that too, right?

The managers do that all the time... they are the ones who provide the overall rating you get .... thats life.. deal with it and run down to the store and get some cheese

See the thing is the original was written by a diverse group of people who are experts in their field, who studied this, then came up with their recommendations, signed off on it and was intended to be submitted untouched.

It was then edited by ONE person to add in two paragraphs of their own opinion to subversively change the whole recommendation to go along with the administrations goals despite the new outcome doing more harm than good.

He admitted to doing this, and has already written letters of apology to the original writers.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

See the thing is the original was written by a diverse group of people who are experts in their field, who studied this, then came up with their recommendations, signed off on it and was intended to be submitted untouched.

It was then edited by ONE person to add in two paragraphs of their own opinion to subversively change the whole recommendation to go along with the administrations goals despite the new outcome doing more harm than good.

He admitted to doing this, and has already written letters of apology to the original writers.

Can I suggest a fine 2 week old Velveeta to go with that flavor of whine

I'm not sure your information shuts down the argument.
These guys (albert et al) contributed (along with a diverse group of environmentalists, engineers, etc) their opinion on the matter. The DOI never intended for them to have final say in the policy. They are incredibly naive if they actually believed they alone were going to define the new policy.

I'm not sure your information shuts down the argument.
These guys (albert et al) contributed (along with a diverse group of environmentalists, engineers, etc) their opinion on the matter. The DOI never intended for them to have final say in the policy. They are incredibly naive if they actually believed they alone were going to define the new policy.

not relevant to the discussion.

Obama said he relied on the advice of experts/scientists in coming to the decision for the 6 month ban. He wanted it to look like the scientists were making that recommendation, but that was not the case.

They didn't think they were going to "define the new policy", but they also didn't think that their signed report would be changed in order to make it look like they had.

It must be very tiring to spin that hard? Doesn't your nose hurt from holding it closed to the smell?

You must think we're incredibly naive if you actually believe that explanation would work.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am