Gawain

Al Gore's New $8.875M Monticello Villa

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/17/photos-al-goree-new-8875_n_579286.html

I'm sure this has a minimal carbon footprint. This, along with his mansion in Nashville...

He's a common man, looking out for the downtrodden and the polar bears. He's looking out for you! Yeah! :S:S

So good that he practices as he preaches.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Al Gore requires a huge carbon offset!!!

Al Gore speaks

Indeed...http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/05/18/al_gore_gives_depressing_commencement_speech_on_global_warming.html
Make light!

Forget offsets. Practice what you preach. A super insulated 1600 sqft raised ranch should be just fine for the windbag.

Just another rich elitist who wants to change the world by forcing a change in YOUR life. What does he care, he has the cash to absorb any changes to his lifestyle, to bad if you can't do the same.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

You beat me to it. Every time someone comments on the fact that a family-values-preaching republican gets hammered for having an affair when a Democrat doesn't, just take note of the hammering that Al Gore takes for his lifestyle, when Hugh Hefner doesn't :ph34r:

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

just take note of the hammering that Al Gore takes for his lifestyle, when Hugh Hefner doesn't :ph34r:

Wendy P.

to be fair, hef doesn't go around shouting from the mountain tops that the we are in a global crisis caused by people banging hot young women while thinking its ok for him to bang a ton of hot young women because he's buying pussy offsets.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

I'm sure this has a minimal carbon footprint. This, along with his mansion in Nashville...

He's a common man, looking out for the downtrodden and the polar bears. He's looking out for you! Yeah! :S:S

he's done extremely well for himself. A fine example of capitalism at work. It always amazes me thats staunch supporters of big business have such a hard time with Al Gore getting rich.

Quite frankly, I wish I would have thought of it.

the problem isn't with al gore getting rich. the problem is that he's claiming that we're in a global climate crisis and he's selling snake oil. if he really believed we were in a climate crisis, he would drasticly reduce his carbon footprint AND buy carbon offsets.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

he's done extremely well for himself. A fine example of capitalism at work. It always amazes me thats staunch supporters of big business have such a hard time with Al Gore getting rich.

You missed the point which was stated above. Practice what you preach. This applies to everyone. Doing otherwise makes them hypocrites.

the problem is that he's claiming that we're in a global climate crisis and he's selling snake oil. if he really believed we were in a climate crisis, he would drasticly reduce his carbon footprint AND buy carbon offsets.

Right, he created a need and then got rich of it. Sounds like perfect business to me. By your reasoning every tobacco executive has to be a smoker.

Gore has done nothing many before him haven't done. Create a fear and then get rich off it.

Quite frankly, I wish I would have thought of it.

Please note, I wasn't slamming his success. I was slamming his character. This is a guy spouting to anyone about the environment, and what "we all must do" to conserve and change our lifestyles. All this while his residence in Nashville consumes about 100x more resources than anything comparable in the state. He tops off this "success" in this fake market of carbon-credits by buying a 6 br, 9 bth, 6500 sq ft "getaway" in California. I'm glad Mr. Gore is doing so well. He's doing arguably better than President Clinton. His actions versus his rhetoric though...

By contrast, the man that all liberal environmentalists love to hate, President Bush's ranch in Crawford is a truly an environmentally responsible property...on a scale that Al Gore has yet to touch.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/house.asp
Make light!

By contrast, the man that all liberal environmentalists love to hate, President Bush's ranch in Crawford is a truly an environmentally responsible property...on a scale that Al Gore has yet to touch.

True, but Bush created fear which led to the deaths of tens of thousands of people. Personally I'll take Gore's indescretions over Bush's indescretions.

Gore is a private citizen making a buck for himself, don't think he is doing anything illegal. Morally questionable, maybe, but that describes a lot of CEOs and business owners (and politicians).

I think the outrage has much more to do with political leanings of those being outraged than anything else.

True, but Bush created fear which led to the deaths of tens of thousands of people. Personally I'll take Gore's indescretions over Bush's indescretions.

Gore is a private citizen making a buck for himself, don't think he is doing anything illegal. Morally questionable, maybe, but that describes a lot of CEOs and business owners (and politicians).

I think the outrage has much more to do with political leanings of those being outraged than anything else.

I stated my intentions, if you choose to call them into question, that's on you (and it's so cute to bring up the war in a thread about Al Gore's house). I'll take President Bush's character over Al Gore's any day.
Make light!

it's so cute to bring up the war in a thread about Al Gore's house

Your post right before this you say it isn't really about his house, but about his character. You brought up Bush, so I reflected on what I thought of his actions that speak about his character.

he's buying pussy offsets.

:o

I'm calling my broker.

Are you buying or selling? :S

He's a lawyer -

He's selling!:D:D:ph34r::ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Man, I sure wish the storms that dumped all that rain on Nashville a few weeks back only submerged Gore's house and fucked everything up in there. :|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban