hwt

Blame Bush

I am an independent who blames both parties for the mess we are in . But i am sick of Obama blaming Bush for the economy . In 2005 McCain tried to pass a bill which would have clamped down on Fanny Mae and Freddy mac but Obama and the Democrats filibustered the bill because they wanted to lower the restrictions to buy a house so everyone could own a home and now they blame Bush ?
Both parties are to blame and both parties want to distract the people and point fingers at each other.
The tea party movement is the best thing that has happened to us and it is growing.
The election in Massachusetts is proof that you can't ignore the Independent voters any longer.
http://forums.military.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/69719858/m/7360015991001

Funny how I was just thinking the same thing. Not so much about Fannie & Freddie, but how long can Bammer blame Bush? Everything is blamed on W and while he's a major contributor he is NOT the only donor. 1 year later and it's "we can't close Gitmo because of W." and "unemployment is on the rise even after we spent $400 billion because of W"...ad nauseum.

I think the emperor has no clothes and people are beginning to wake up from the hopety-changism spell.

New acronym...BBB. Bammer Blames Bush ;)

Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

The tea-party movement will continue to grow. As long as it stays on message and continues to be grass-roots.
I've missed everyone locally because I've had to work. I'll hopefuly make some this year.
Disgruntled members of both parties are starting to show up.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

Just to follow up

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5d87e54e-0925-11df-ba88-00144feabdc0.html

Democrats need to learn the blame game
By James Carville

Published: January 24 2010 20:20 | Last updated: January 24 2010 20:20

The most exciting spectator sport in American politics is in full swing in Washington following last Tuesday’s once-unthinkable election result. And it is just beginning.

Contrary to what you might think, I am a proud member of the pro finger-pointing caucus. It wasn’t too long ago that my longtime colleague Paul Begala and I urged our friends on the other side of the aisle to engage early and often in the blame game.

Now it is the Democrats’ turn. Point fingers is exactly what Democrats have done following Republican Scott Brown’s surprise victory in Massachusetts, and the subsequent setback for healthcare reform.

The White House, Martha Coakley, the Massachusetts attorney-general, Celinda Lake, her pollster, congressional Democrats, the Democratic National Committee, Nancy Pelosi, the House Speaker, and Harry Reid, the Senate majority leader, are just a few of the circular firing squad that has sucked up every last breath in Washington this past week.

I should admit I watched the cataclysmic election and the subsequent war of words from over 9,000 miles away. As author of 40 More Years, in which I outline how the Democrats are well positioned for sustained electoral dominance for the next three decades, I couldn’t help but be happy to be watching the sun set in the Seychelles rather than have to defend my thesis (which I stick to) Stateside.

Democrats would not be playing the blame game with one another for the loss or for the healthcare debacle if they had only pointed fingers at those (or in this case, the one) who put Americans (and most of the world) in the predicament we’re in: George W. Bush.

It is under his disastrous tenure in the White House that health insurance premiums nearly doubled for the average American family and the number of uninsured skyrocketed. It was under Mr Bush that the deficit spiralled out of control as we fought an unnecessary and endless $3,000bn war in Iraq and enacted the largest unfunded entitlement programme in history with the Medicare prescription drug benefit. It was Mr Bush’s economic team that worshipped at the Church of Deregulation and was asleep at the wheel as banks and insurance companies became too big to fail.

But Barack Obama, the US president, and his team admirably and eloquently argued that the US was ready to turn the page on the Bush years, ready to be united. Rather than look backward we should march forward in a new post-partisan environment.

Part of the problem is that Mr Obama was refreshingly naive in believing his own rhetoric. He really believed we could rid Washington of revolving doors filled with lobbyists or that “there is not a liberal America and a conservative America”. Mr Obama and his team really believed he could bridge the partisan divide. Being elected as a change candidate in a change election does not translate into changing Washington. Nothing can change Washington.

You can’t fault him for believing forward-looking governance is what the country really wanted. He saved the economy from near collapse and was on the brink of passing sweeping healthcare reform. But at some point reality catches up with you. So as the healthcare bill sat in committee for months waiting for a Republican senator to support it, momentum began to build for reform’s opponents. “Tea parties” popped up in the unlikeliest places, and Republican obstructionism set in firmly. No votes for the costly but necessary bail-outs, no votes for the stimulus package, and virtually no votes on healthcare.

While Republicans decided that obstructionism would be their winning tool of choice, Democrats were left trying to explain what happened to the thriving America they once knew. Democrats were blamed for the recession and 10 per cent unemployment, while Mr Bush raised millions for his presidential library in Texas.

In the end, blaming Mr Bush might not have been enough to win in Massachusetts, or to deflect anger from the governing party, or to get a healthcare bill signed. Maybe healthcare reform is just hard. Just think, if the US only spent $4,763 per person on healthcare costs, like Norway (the second-highest per capita costs of a developed nation), there would be nearly $750bn less to spread around insurance and drug companies and their 3,000 lobbyists. There’s a reason why Presidents Truman, Nixon, Carter, and Clinton all failed before.

There is still a chance Mr Obama and congressional Democrats can get some aspects of reform passed in the coming months. And the shift toward populism – reining in a banking industry which so badly needs it – will appease both allies and tea party critics alike. But Mr Obama now knows that he and his Democratic majority in Congress are mostly on their own in their attempt to get the American economy and morale back on track. In the aftermath of Massachusetts, our country and our political system seem more divided than ever.

My Republican wife Mary Matalin recently pointed out that: “It was once said of Mike Tyson, he hits you so hard, he changes the way you taste. If we (Republicans) win a seat in Massachusetts on the signature issue of the Obama agenda, healthcare, this will change the way politics tastes.” And taste differently it does: sweet harmony has turned sour in Washington.

The writer, chief strategist for Bill Clinton’s 1992 presidential campaign, is an international political consultant

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

> how long can Bammer blame . . .
> . . the hopety-changism spell.
>Bammer. . .

Obama Derangement Syndrome - it's a terrible thing.

All you disagree with is some kind of derangement syndrome:D
Abraham Lincoln

>Bammer. . .

But *BUSH* Derangement Syndrome is evidently A-OK.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I am an independent who blames both parties for the mess we are in .

Right, trying to look objective to slam Obama. To say it's 100% to 0% is ridiculous. Trying to say this mess isn't predominantly the fault of a known incompetent in GWB who was fully in power with a republican congress running the country for 6 years is as ridiculous. List reasons this mess is the fault of the Dems, what they did and how they could have prevented it since 2001. I won't expect an answer.

In 2005 McCain tried to pass a bill which would have clamped down on Fanny Mae and Freddy mac but Obama and the Democrats filibustered the bill because they wanted to lower the restrictions to buy a house so everyone could own a home and now they blame Bush ?

Which bill and what was piggybacked. Name the bill. Define, "clamped down." Care to talk about one of tHE biggest issues/catalysts of the mess; UTLRA-LOW INTEREST RATES CAUSING INFLATED HOME PRICES AND ENABLING SUB-PRIME MORTGAGES?

Both parties are to blame and both parties want to distract the people and point fingers at each other. [/quotE]

It's just hard to sell us on the idea that the people in charge for 8 years who:

- Inherited a very good economy at the end of the biggest growth cycle

- Left a mess only surpased by the Great Depression

- Ran the debt by 5 trillion

- Entered a war on what is now known as cherry-picked evidence which was presented to congress

- A myriad of fuckups like Katrina

So now that under the same guy's watch the mortgage mess was born and matured leading to massive foreclosures, BK's and virtually a total banking system failure, now you want to blame the party who was virtually disempowered.

***The tea party movement is the best thing that has happened to us and it is growing.

But movements like the Cindy Sheehan one is bad I'm sure. Yea, real independent:S. Don't insult our intelligence as a way to gain objective credibility. You sound like a typical Limbaugh listener pretending to be objective.

Altjho dissent is great, I' sure you disagree with dissent that is contrary to your opinions tho, dissent while carrying guns is assinine.

The election in Massachusetts is proof that you can't ignore the Independent voters any longer.

Someone has no clue that 1 seat of 535 in congress is virtually meaningless. Owww, tell us about the 2 or wasit 3 governor seats won last November:S. It would be virtually unprecedented if the Dems, who own a massive lead in the House and the Senate to not lose seats now in the pendulum effect. Win in 2012 and then wave your flag, until then it's just comedy.

Also. who made it easier for low income families to buy houses?

http://www.hud.gov/offices/cpd/affordablehousing/programs/home/addi/

Didn't that enable sub-primers to buy houses too? Coupled with low interest rates and there you go.

Keep indicting the party w/o power for 6 of the 8 years of your guy's term for a mess that occcurred under your guy's watch.

Funny how I was just thinking the same thing. Not so much about Fannie & Freddie, but how long can Bammer blame Bush? Everything is blamed on W and while he's a major contributor he is NOT the only donor. 1 year later and it's "we can't close Gitmo because of W." and "unemployment is on the rise even after we spent $400 billion because of W"...ad nauseum.

I think the emperor has no clothes and people are beginning to wake up from the hopety-changism spell.

New acronym...BBB. Bammer Blames Bush ;)

Unemployemnt on the rise? It was in freefall as Obama took office, just as the market and GDP were too. Sorry for no 2-week turnaround from your guy's and your party's mess. JUst as Clinton unfucked your partty's mess, so will Obama.

The tea-party movement will continue to grow. As long as it stays on message and continues to be grass-roots.
I've missed everyone locally because I've had to work. I'll hopefuly make some this year.

Oh please, the Dems showing up are Republicans posing as Dems.

>Bammer. . .

But *BUSH* Derangement Syndrome is evidently A-OK.

The B.D.S. is supported by 8 years of performance, rendering it to be a reality rather than a paranoia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_Derangement_Syndrome

Krauthammer defined Bush Derangement Syndrome as "the acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal people in reaction to the policies, the presidency — nay — the very existence of George W. Bush".[

I am an independent who blames both parties for the mess we are in . But i am sick of Obama blaming Bush for the economy.

I blame both parties too, but honestly who should he blame? He already inherited that mess, and his action didn't make it worse.

In 2005 McCain tried to pass a bill which would have clamped down on Fanny Mae and Freddy mac

In 2005 it was already too late. We all know bills do not pass overnight, and being signed into law in a year it would do nothing as the bubble was already there, and large enough. He should have tried to pass this bill in 2002 (and you can ask him why he didn't)

Both parties are to blame and both parties want to distract the people and point fingers at each other.

They're politicians - what else would you expect?
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

>Bammer. . .

Almost as contagous as "Palin Derangement Syndrome", Huh?:D
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Oh please, the Dems showing up are Republicans posing as Dems.

No, they are Dems that are not lefty progressive political extremeists. They love this country and do not want to see those with views such as yours destroy it
Abraham Lincoln

Which bill and what was piggybacked. Name the bill. Define, "clamped down." Care to talk about one of tHE biggest issues/catalysts of the mess; UTLRA-LOW INTEREST RATES CAUSING INFLATED HOME PRICES AND ENABLING SUB-PRIME MORTGAGES?

Why, that would be the FEDERAL HOUSING ENTERPRISE REGULATORY REFORM ACT OF 2005, Lucky.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s109-190

You can read up on how the Democrats killed the reform when Sen McCain saw the impending doom coming. I guess if they had allowed it to pass, then they would have less to blame on Bush.

Someone has no clue that 1 seat of 535 in congress is virtually meaningless. Owww, tell us about the 2 or wasit 3 governor seats won last November:S. It would be virtually unprecedented if the Dems, who own a massive lead in the House and the Senate to not lose seats now in the pendulum effect. Win in 2012 and then wave your flag, until then it's just comedy.

So, Scott Brown's one vote is meaningless?:$
In your love of Bush bashing it seems that you have completely forgotten the impact that the house and senate have on US politics. Even Obama can't get them to open up on C-Span.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

You really are a trip,
I should say, like minded Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, and independents.

Look past your world, it's getting ready to change.

Change we can believe in!! (I think I've heard that somewhere before)...

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

Can it get a better name for itself? I've already heard enough tea bag remarks to think that it can't grow much further without a name change.

Why for... two little words...easy to spell and therefore hard for that many idiots with a lack of education to spell them wrong, it works on so many levels for them.

Can it get a better name for itself? I've already heard enough tea bag remarks to think that it can't grow much further without a name change.

Why for... two little words...easy to spell and therefore hard for that many idiots with a lack of education to spell them wrong, it works on so many levels for them.

Duuurrrrrr, us peoples in duh tea perty would fergit to breath ifn' it wern't auto-type-matic. I'm reeeealy wishin' dat dem there liberals would cum in an tell us how teh think. Dem peoples be soo smert.

yeh can reeeally tell by deh way they look down dem dere noses at us in der elitist way how smert they r. Ifn' ya aint liberal, den ya a moron.

Isn't stereo typing a type of Bigotry?

Duuurrrrrr, us peoples in duh tea perty would fergit to breath ifn' it wern't auto-type-matic. I'm reeeealy wishin' dat dem there liberals would cum in an tell us how teh think. Dem peoples be soo smert.

yeh can reeeally tell by deh way they look down dem dere noses at us in der elitist way how smert they r. Ifn' ya aint liberal, den ya a moron.

When them thar brogans fit yall needs to wers em.

Ya sur you not RePUBICan? Ya sur do talk like em. All dat labeling an shallow-minded pre-conceived type notions an all.

Ya sur you not RePUBICan? Ya sur do talk like em. All dat labeling an shallow-minded pre-conceived type notions an all.

Well Iz did vote fer Nixon and Reagun.... and I did surve in da militarry fer 8 yars.. hows bout yall?

Adn since them folks did trane me as an instructuerer... the teached me to talk at the lowest comon level so no idjiot gits left behinidz.

So Iz jist mekin surez yall can unerstan.

Well Iz did vote fer Nixon and Reagun.... and I did surve in da militarry fer 8 yars.. hows bout yall?

Adn since them folks did trane me as an instructuerer... the teached me to talk at the lowest comon level so no idjiot gits left behinidz.

So Iz jist mekin surez yall can unerstan.

Youz voted fer Raygun and Nixon? I knews you rePUBICan:ph34r:
I got 20 years in dat canoe club called the navy. I take apart dem explody thingys in those hot desert type places with those E-O-D type peoples. I'm to dumb to do anything else.

I'm glad dem liberal politicians can talk down to us simple folk. It makes it easier for dem to explain all dat stuff I saw over der with my own two eyes isn't so. Dey will tell me what I really saw, how dem guys really aren't all bad, just missunderstood when dey sacrifice women and chillin. Not an evil bone in em.

Yep, I just to simple and stoopid to tink for myself. I really need someone to tell me what to think, so I can be a liberal sheeple.

You really are a trip,...

Translation: You have no response.

Look past your world, it's getting ready to change.

What has changed in a year other than the freefall of the market, GDP and unemployment? Really, has HC been enacted? Has the war ended? Nothing has changed but the financial crisis has been curbed and now needs to be recovered. You act as tho anything other than the financial crisis has changed.:S And now it will change back; recheck your current events. Just because change has been proposed and struck down doesn't define change.

Change we can believe in!! (I think I've heard that somewhere before)...

Again, the only change is the economy and struck-down proposed change.