airdvr

Where have I heard this before?

In his first public comment since the Christmas Day incident, Obama said he directed his national security team to "keep up the pressure on those who would attack our country."
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/12/28/obama.airline.terror/index.html

After the first WTC bombing in 1993
Clinton said the United States was "absolutely determined to oppose the cowardly cruelty of terrorists, wherever we can."

On June 25, 1996, terrorists attacked the U.S. military complex and Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia, killing 19 Americans and wounding hundreds more.
"The explosion appears to be the work of terrorists. The cowards who committed this murderous act must not go unpunished," Clinton said. "America takes care of its own."

On Aug. 7, 1998, terrorists bombed the U.S. embassies in Nairobi, Kenya and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, killing 258 people. More than 5,000 were injured.
"With compelling evidence that the bin Laden network of terrorist groups was planning to mount further attacks against Americans and other freedom-loving people, I decided America must act," Clinton said.

On Oct. 12, 2000, terrorists bombed the USS Cole as it sat in the Yemeni port of Aden. The bomb killed 17 U.S. sailors. American officials quickly linked the attack to bin Laden and al-Qaeda.

We will find out who was responsible, and hold them accountable. If their intention was to deter us from our mission of promoting peace and security in the Middle East, they will fail, utterly."

Hmmm..
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

In his first public comment since the Christmas Day incident, Obama said he directed his national security team to "keep up the pressure on those who would attack our country."

Clinton said the United States was "absolutely determined to oppose the cowardly cruelty of terrorists, wherever we can."

On June 25, 1996, terrorists attacked the U.S. military complex and Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia, killing 19 Americans and wounding hundreds more.
"The explosion appears to be the work of terrorists. The cowards who committed this murderous act must not go unpunished," Clinton said. "America takes care of its own."

On Aug. 7, 1998, terrorists bombed the U.S. embassies in Nairobi, Kenya and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, killing 258 people. More than 5,000 were injured.
"With compelling evidence that the bin Laden network of terrorist groups was planning to mount further attacks against Americans and other freedom-loving people, I decided America must act," Clinton said.

On Oct. 12, 2000, terrorists bombed the USS Cole as it sat in the Yemeni port of Aden. The bomb killed 17 U.S. sailors. American officials quickly linked the attack to bin Laden and al-Qaeda.

We will find out who was responsible, and hold them accountable. If their intention was to deter us from our mission of promoting peace and security in the Middle East, they will fail, utterly."

Hmmm..

and Bush and his crew said similar things after 9-11 - it's called posturing.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

"Terror unanswered can not only bring down buildings, it can threaten the stability of legitimate governments. And you know what? We're not going to allow it." - GWB, 2001

"Since September the 11th, our intelligence and law enforcement agencies have worked more closely than ever to track and disrupt the terrorists. . . .Our government must have the very best information possible, and we will use it to make sure the right people are in the right places to protect our citizens." - GWB, 2003

"We're acting, along with the governments from many countries, to destroy the terrorist networks and incapacitate their leaders" - GWB, 2005

Yep, we have indeed heard this before.

The big difference was that GWB actually declared a war on terror... and while conceived as bad action from many he was not afraid to drop the hammer. The new admin pretty much refuses to even say terror let alone actually acknowledge terror.

>>> now you respond with: Bush was a war monger, Bush didn't attack those that attacked us, Bush was an idiot, yada yada yada. At least he called a spade a spade.

I wonder if there will be any more "human attempted disasters" during the gitmo trials? ....I hope not and if so I hope we thwart them all.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

The big difference was that GWB actually declared a war on terror... and while conceived as bad action from many he was not afraid to drop the hammer. The new admin pretty much refuses to even say terror let alone actually acknowledge terror.

>>> now you respond with: Bush was a war monger, Bush didn't attack those that attacked us, Bush was an idiot, yada yada yada. At least he called a spade a spade.

He called a spade a spade, and a heart, and a club, and a diamond according to need.

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'"
- G.W. Bush, 9/17/01, UPI

"...Secondly, he is not escaping us. This is a guy, who, three months ago, was in control of a county [sic]. Now he's maybe in control of a cave. He's on the run. Listen, a while ago I said to the American people, our objective is more than bin Laden. But one of the things for certain is we're going to get him running and keep him running, and bring him to justice. And that's what's happening. He's on the run, if he's running at all. So we don't know whether he's in cave with the door shut, or a cave with the door open -- we just don't know...."
- Bush, in remarks in a Press Availablity with the Press Travel Pool,
The Prairie Chapel Ranch, Crawford TX, 12/28/01, as reported on
official White House site

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

He called a spade a spade, and a heart, and a club, and a diamond according to need.

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'"
- G.W. Bush, 9/17/01, UPI

"...Secondly, he is not escaping us. This is a guy, who, three months ago, was in control of a county [sic]. Now he's maybe in control of a cave. He's on the run. Listen, a while ago I said to the American people, our objective is more than bin Laden. But one of the things for certain is we're going to get him running and keep him running, and bring him to justice. And that's what's happening. He's on the run, if he's running at all. So we don't know whether he's in cave with the door shut, or a cave with the door open -- we just don't know...."
- Bush, in remarks in a Press Availablity with the Press Travel Pool,
The Prairie Chapel Ranch, Crawford TX, 12/28/01, as reported on
official White House site

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

So you're saying your guy Bammer is sounding just like Bush...thanks.

Destinations by Roxanne

Yawn. Any twit can bash the other team for the sake of bashing, which is all that this is. When you have something substantive to say, wake me up. Zzzzzzzzzzz.....

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Yawn. Any twit can bash the other team for the sake of bashing, which is all that this is. When you have something substantive to say, wake me up. Zzzzzzzzzzz.....

When you have something adult to say, for a change, Marc, let us know.

Pot? You STILL have not met Kettle???

:D:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Hmmm..

The difference is Bush actually did more than talk. You're welcome.;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Sounds like a personal attack. Where's billvon when you need him? Oh yeah, on the other side.:ph34r:
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Except for the fact that this fucktard couldn't get the mixture correct we would be talking about a terrorist attack on US soil again.

I fear we are moving backwards with a POTUS these guys don't worry about.

Destinations by Roxanne

Except for the fact that this fucktard couldn't get the mixture correct we would be talking about a terrorist attack on US soil again.

Please persuade us, with something truly substantive (i.e., other than general sloganeering and Obama-bashing), that this would far more likely have been thwarted 1 or 2 years ago when Bush was still president.

Please persuade us, with something truly substantive (i.e., other than general sloganeering and Obama-bashing), that this would far more likely have been thwarted 1 or 2 years ago when Bush was still president.

Unfortunately the NSC doesn't consult with me on these things. Just a gut feeling. Have to wonder if this was what Biden was referring to in the campaign after he was briefed. Fortunately it was a dud.

Destinations by Roxanne

Hmmm..

The difference is Bush actually did more than talk.

True, he pretty much abandoned the search for Bin Laden to concentrate on his personal score with Saddam Hussein.

The big difference was that GWB actually declared a war on terror... and while conceived as bad action from many he was not afraid to drop the hammer.

You realize that the Clinton administration apprehended many of those responsible for the acts you referenced. He treated them properly, as police matters.

Bush, on the other hand, decided a howitzer makes a better flyswatter than an actual flyswatter. It has not proven to be a beneficial change.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

The big difference was that GWB actually declared a war on terror... and while conceived as bad action from many he was not afraid to drop the hammer.

You realize that the Clinton administration apprehended many of those responsible for the acts you referenced. He treated them properly, as police matters.

Bush, on the other hand, decided a howitzer makes a better flyswatter than an actual flyswatter. It has not proven to be a beneficial change.

So you think 911 et. al. are police matters and should be handled accordingly? How's that plan of closing Gitmo coming?

Destinations by Roxanne

So you think 911 et. al. are police matters and should be handled accordingly?

Yes, that is correct. Terrorism is not a problem that can be successfully addressed using primarily hard power.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

So you think 911 et. al. are police matters and should be handled accordingly? How's that plan of closing Gitmo coming?

Digging out of a predecessor's pile of excrement is never easy, quick or pleasant. Had Bush/Cheney/Ashcroft done the right thing in the first place we wouldn't have this problem to deal with.

Digging out of a predecessor's pile of excrement is never easy, quick or pleasant. Had Bush/Cheney/Ashcroft done the right thing in the first place we wouldn't have this problem to deal with.

:D:D:D So this whole problem didn't exist until the GW administration? Now that's some funny shit right there.

Destinations by Roxanne

:D:D:D So this whole problem didn't exist until the GW administration? Now that's some funny shit right there.

No - it wasn't his direct fault - but he did little in the way of repair.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Which problem are you referring to John?

Destinations by Roxanne