brenthutch

I was wrong about global warming

Apparently it IS Mann made!

(Dr. Michael Mann for those on the left)

And here I thought it was because the temperature of the center of the Earth is several *MILLION* degrees (info courtesy of the Goreacle®).
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

so you think that global warming is silly???

No, I think global warming exists, and I take it quite seriously. To me, the issue is one of science, and I detest the way it's been politicized. Much of the discussion is carried out in a silly way, rather than in a mature and thoughtful way. These forums are no exception.

Some reason you couldn't have just appended this to your other silly thread currently on global warming?

Having the old reading comprehension problems again?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Some reason you couldn't have just appended this to your other silly thread currently on global warming?

Having the old reading comprehension problems again?

Having the old useless post problem again? Or the old posting just to argue problem again? :D (oops that's me too :D)

No, I think global warming exists, and I take it quite seriously. To me, the issue is one of science, and I detest the way it's been politicized. Much of the discussion is carried out in a silly way, rather than in a mature and thoughtful way. These forums are no exception.

So you beleive global warming exists despite that the data supposedly proving it was falsified and that even the IPCC has said we have been cooling for the past 10, we have cooled to the point of undoing the warming of the past 30 years and could continue to cool for the next 20 year. Sounds like global warming is happening to me too!

So you beleive global warming exists despite that the data supposedly proving it was falsified and that even the IPCC has said we have been cooling for the past 10, we have cooled to the point of undoing the warming of the past 30 years and could continue to cool for the next 20 year. !

Wrong on nearly every count.

Looks like the Chinese will be getting the economic benefit from green technology.
edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/12/13/red.green.china/

To me, the issue is one of science, and I detest the way it's been politicized.

This is an interesting point. In my eyes, all the science supports global warming as fact, and even most of the politicians support global warming as fact.

So where are the deniers getting their information? From conspiracy theorists? From oil companies? With politicians and scientists behind this measure, who is trying to subvert it?
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

To me, the issue is one of science, and I detest the way it's been politicized.

This is an interesting point. In my eyes, all the science supports global warming as fact, and even most of the politicians support global warming as fact.

So where are the deniers getting their information? From conspiracy theorists? From oil companies? With politicians and scientists behind this measure, who is trying to subvert it?

The "deniers" are getting there info from actual data not predictions which the global warming theorist are still relying on. They continue to use the predictions from 10 years ago that have been falsified by actual data.

Looks like the Chinese will be getting the economic benefit from green technology.

I thought, it was just General Electric that would 'reap' the benefits of global warming.

Chuck

China now produces 1/3 of the world's wind turbines, and has passed the US as the largest producer. Thanks largely to the activities of the deniers, the US has lost its lead.

I thought, it was just General Electric that would 'reap' the benefits of global warming.

Chuck

China now produces 1/3 of the world's wind turbines, and has passed the US as the largest producer. Thanks largely to the activities of the deniers, the US has lost its lead.

What bothers me about all this 'green' stuff is, the 'greenies' (not meaning the mods here) want all this clean, cheap energy but, they don't want it in 'their back yard'.

Chuck

>So you beleive global warming exists . . .

Global warming exists. Dozens of data sets, including data taken by thousands of stations across the world, proves that. Attached are ten different ones.

>that even the IPCC has said we have been cooling for the past 10 . . . .

1995 - warmest year ever
First decade of the 20th century - looking like the warmest decade ever

>we have cooled to the point of undoing the warming of the past 30 years

2008: 8th warmest year ever, .49C above baseline
1978: .05C above baseline

See below.

So not even close.

>Sounds like global warming is happening to me too!

Good! Sounds like you're able to see past the denier politics and see the science behind all the yelling.

>So you beleive global warming exists . . .

Global warming exists. Dozens of data sets, including data taken by thousands of stations across the world, proves that. Attached are ten different ones.

>that even the IPCC has said we have been cooling for the past 10 . . . .

1995 - warmest year ever
First decade of the 20th century - looking like the warmest decade ever

>we have cooled to the point of undoing the warming of the past 30 years

2008: 8th warmest year ever, .49C above baseline
1978: .05C above baseline

See below.

So not even close.

>Sounds like global warming is happening to me too!

Good! Sounds like you're able to see past the denier politics and see the science behind all the yelling.

I get the feeling some people could be roasting in hell and would still deny that anything was ever wrong with the climate.:D

The "deniers" are getting there info from actual data not predictions which the global warming theorist are still relying on.

I have yet to see data from a reliable source that disproves global warming. Can you present that here?
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

The "deniers" are getting there info from actual data not predictions which the global warming theorist are still relying on.

I have yet to see data from a reliable source that disproves global warming. Can you present that here?

LOVE to oblige you on that, but it was the AGW alarmists that blocked peer review, pressured publishers not to accept papers from 'deniers', etc... and you wonder WHY we doubt their honesty?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

LOVE to oblige you on that, but it was the AGW alarmists that blocked peer review, pressured publishers not to accept papers from 'deniers', etc... and you wonder WHY we doubt their honesty?

How about data from actual climate scientists who are deniers? Give us their data.

… but it was the AGW alarmists that blocked peer review, pressured publishers not to accept papers from 'deniers', etc...

Not submitting or not making it through the peer review process is not the same as being blocked.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!