Ron

My problems with God

It is my belief that both God and Man are ........ Man Made....... abnd I can live with that. Can You?

Yep. Partially right: God was man "created".

Man is result of a more than a million year old and still working evolution.

:)

I think we've pretty much killed evolution. :|
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Again your argument is ridiculous...you ever seen a human heart?

The heart has to do with desire. What do you want?

The more I read your posts, the more I realize half of what you say is made up. Explain to me where you get this exponentially rising result? Last time I checked, religion, on all fronts is losing momentum, and atheism is a rising trend in society.

Exponentially means powerful. The amount of people has nothing to do with it. It is the spirit within the people that has the power. Basically, the light is appearing brighter.

Why can't curiosity just be a by-product of a self aware being?

It can be in your mind... some are more curious than others.

You do not "know" god is real, and I know this because I do not know he is real, and you do not contain any mental capacity I do not.

You arent listening to anything Im saying are you? But knowing whether he is real or not means nothing if you dont have faith that he is good.

I can argue that I know the flying spaghetti monster is real, but of course I cannot back this up, and you would instantly refute my reasoning...same here.

I have heard this one before. They must teach the spaghetti monster in school or something. But still your missing the goal of faith.

You on the other hand, seem to take words as truth, without an ounce of research or evidence

Im afraid your mistaken. I felt a connection with the Gospel, it was very pure to me, I took that purity as the truth in my heart... from that, I found all the evidence I need. I have tested my faith against everything I have come across and my mind is consumed with truth and my heart with grace.

of course, when you read other religious text that contained nearly identical stories, you decided they made no sense, but then when put in the bible they "make absolute sense"....come on now

I said earlier that many things in other religions have made sense to me. Many sayings and proverbs, philosophys ect... but that all of them contain revelations given in the Gospel.

About the stem cell research, good I am glad you are for it, doesn't change the fact that your faith is against it.

The faith is about discernment. My faith is not against stem cell research. If the religion of Christianity is sorely against it, I would at least listen to the reasons, but ultimately do the right thing. I believe that stem cell research will begin soon.

So following your same logic, faith does bring good, but also the atrocities of religion with it,like killing millions of people in the name of a god, or flying planes into buildings, or halting medical research, or opposing condom use in the #1 Aids infected capital of the world, would you agree?

Yes, but also it is the greatest refuge for love. Soon, the spirit of truth will discern the difference between man made and God made "religions". Soon means inevitably.

And where exactly did you find this in your religious text?

It is revealed through the spirit in the words. "These words are spirit, and they are life"
"We didn't start the fire"

It is my belief that both God and Man are ........ Man Made....... abnd I can live with that. Can You?

If that is true, then sure, no problem. That would have made things a lot easier. But in my youth I became increasingly aware of an undiscovered and undeveloped part of my psyche that needed to be addressed. Looking back , I now realize it was a God consciousness that was causing an intense desire to know God. After many years and one hell of a ride, my pursuit of spiritual Truth and relationship with God has become my most valued possession. I am glad I did not settle for less.

Exponentially means powerful.

:D:D:D

The only thing that could have made that sentence better is if you hadn't mixed adverbs and adjectives. Let's just say that you're right for the wrong reason.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I agree there are too many people out there that are crazy about throwing their faith in others faces and I do not like that. It just seems to me that you would be content with no one ever being able to talk about it.

Nope, I just do not like that either. Especially when they try to throw their faith by passing laws, or by spending public money.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

If a person does not express a belief and faith in God, how do you know you can trust them? How do you know they have a history of doing right things?

That is why I have proceeded from being an atheist to an "anti-theist." Christianity (in particular but all theisms in general) is not a source of unity but a source of division. First they decide they don't respect us, then they don't trust us, then they don't feel the need to treat us fairly. At least the Muslims are upfront about it.
Religion is evil at its core.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone is more interested in the topic this is probably the best overview of the subject I have ever come across. Read it. Understand it. Forget it. Live on.

http://www.amazon.com/End-Faith-Religion-Terror-Future/dp/0393327655/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260924348&sr=8-1

Just had to throw in a vote. Nice to see everyone thinking (or at least trying to :o JK. Funny how SC is more civil than the forums that you aren't suppose to argue in. :S:P

What would you test in anyone's belief?? People believe so many different things! Belief often does not require evidence, so there is nothing to test. The best example of this is god. There have been lots of different gods that people have believed in or currently believe in all with out any evidence of existence. Belief can make you do strange things.

When you can provide physical evidence of god any god then I will change my mind on this subject. This evidence must be repeatable for anyone and also be able to be tested and verified many times.

I was unaware that I avoided any questions of yours. Why has God not talked to the masses like he used to?

He already did this, few listened anyway. His message was to love him with all your heart, and love others with that same love. Love is alive man, either you believe in its power or you dont. I cant answer your question beyond that and JOHN 16. If you read Jn 16 you will see, maybe. If you dont have a bible, go on www.biblegateway.com and use the New International Version (I find it a little easier to read, understanding on the otherhand is not up to me). Merry Christmas

Its funny to me because I believe we are all a bit strange to one another. If everything about everyone was exposed to one another, surely we would all find one grand thing in common. We are all very unique, and very "strange", and our walls are much more thick than we know. Hows this: "anyone who thinks he is normal is the most strange of all.":P