mikkey

Climategate: the final nail in the coffin of 'Anthropogenic Global Warming'?

fair enough,
please address my point of how NASA's raw data should be public, not state secrets as you would suggest

False premise - they are not state secrets nor are they treated as such.

Then why is NASA/GISS being sued for non-compliance, after refusal to release data under FOIA?

Anyone can file a suit for any reason they wish.

That is only one possibility. He asked a specific question, which warrants a specific answer. Why do you deflect?

What a stupid question.

How am I expected to know why someone unknown to me filed a lawsuit. If Mike wants to know he should go ask the plaintiff and not ask me to do his homework.

But - Kallend . . . you know EVERYTHING, don't you?:o Your opinions cannot be disputed, ever. So - you should already know.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

fair enough,
please address my point of how NASA's raw data should be public, not state secrets as you would suggest

False premise - they are not state secrets nor are they treated as such.

Then why is NASA/GISS being sued for non-compliance, after refusal to release data under FOIA?

Anyone can file a suit for any reason they wish.

Deflection. If NASA/GISS had released the data as requested (instead of treating it like a 'state secret', perhaps?) they wouldn't be getting sued.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Terrified as we may be of the environmental apocalypse that is now unfolding, there are people working feverishly on solutions.

The Earth doesn't care at all if it warms or cools. People may find it kind of inconvenient if their 100 year floods become 5 year floods.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Terrified as we may be of the environmental apocalypse that is now unfolding, there are people working feverishly on solutions.

The Earth doesn't care at all if it warms or cools. People may find it kind of inconvenient if their 100 year floods become 5 year floods.

Well, you know that and I know that, but it does not have much to do with the idea that, having achieved climactic perfection, it is incumbent upon us to maintain it ad infinitum.

Having people who flunked watered down Science for Liberal Arts Types courses lecture me on Mechanisms of Global Radiation Heat Transfer and other such subjects is a bit tough to swallow.

I do not dispute that humanity is a factor in the heat balance of our planet. I do have an issue with the Problem vs. Solution mechanism that is now afoot.

While I do not condone the treatment Galileo received from the Vatican, it turns out that neither the Vatican nor Galileo had a valid model of the issue that brought their conflict to a head (the effect of the moon on tides, IIRC).

Thus, just because one side is out to lunch does not mean the other side is any less faulty.

Anytime an argument takes on religious fervor ("deniers" <=> "heretics"), I am likely to hold both sides suspect.

Blue skies,

Winsor

Wow- just viewed all this today for first time-
"Can't we all just get along?" Agree to disagree? "Evironmental apocalypse"?
So- There may be global warming. It may be man-made? Climate does change- that is what it does. Expensive and expansive policy decisions based on near-religious devotion to agenda-based "science" are reckless. Scientists as as likely to follow the money as anyone else. When you ask why is...?
FOLLOW THE MONEY!

> When you ask why is...? FOLLOW THE MONEY!

Yep. And most of it leads to Exxon-Mobil, Enron, Halliburton and the like - all of whom have trillions invested in denial. Google who supports the Heartland Institute.

Already trying to forget the CRU extortion sheet I see:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

On the other hand, have you done any research to see what comanies with make the most money should cap n trade be made law?

May surprise you
Abraham Lincoln

>Already trying to forget the CRU extortion sheet I see

And what 'sheet' would that be?

BTW I recommend when you see one of my posts and blow your top, you take a deep breath, figure out what you want to reply, and then reply all at once, instead of 2-3 replies to each of mine every time a new retort pops into your head. The thread is more readable that way.

Yep. And most of it leads to Exxon-Mobil, Enron, Halliburton and the like - all of whom have trillions invested in denial.

Exxon is full of very smart, very responsible, people. They are making huge investments in gas. To claim they're irresponsible indicates a lack of understanding on your part.
We are all engines of karma

On the other hand, have you done any research to see what comanies with make the most money should cap n trade be made law?

What? This is available in a conversant language? :|

Your attitude is just simply not worth trying to take the time to make it simple enough for you to understand[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

Your attitude is just simply not worth trying to take the time to make it simple enough for you to understand[:/]

Just write like you talk and I'll try to understand you (or better, not?) It must not be simple, Marc, just in your own proper language will do the trick. And I'll try my best to understand you.

Man, when did you leave basic school? Is it that hard to use your own language/syntax? [:/]

dudeist skydiver # 3105

>Already trying to forget the CRU extortion sheet I see

And what 'sheet' would that be?

BTW I recommend when you see one of my posts and blow your top, you take a deep breath, figure out what you want to reply, and then reply all at once, instead of 2-3 replies to each of mine every time a new retort pops into your head. The thread is more readable that way.

Now you project :D:D

Blow my top?

LOL is more like it.

You like to forget and ignore "invonvienent' bits and pieces dont you.

And you do remember the post where the CRU dudes had the list of companies from whom they wanted/expected money right?
Abraham Lincoln

Just write like you talk and I'll try to understand you (or better, not?) It must not be simple, Marc, just in your own proper language will do the trick. And I'll try my best to understand you.

Man, when did you leave basic school? Is it that hard to use your own language/syntax? [:/]

:D

Your neck must hurt all the time:D:D
Abraham Lincoln

> When you ask why is...? FOLLOW THE MONEY!

Yep. And most of it leads to Exxon-Mobil, Enron, Halliburton and the like - all of whom have trillions invested in denial. Google who supports the Heartland Institute.

So, show the trillions they've invested in the deniers, Bill.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Your neck must hurt all the time:D:D

No. Never. You should have headache and perhaps, start to think.

Why do I discuss with you. It's not important enough. :|

Now you get it:D
Abraham Lincoln

>Exxon is full of very smart, very responsible, people. They are making
>huge investments in gas. To claim they're irresponsible indicates a lack
>of understanding on your part.

I didn't claim they were being irresponsible. They are being VERY responsible to their shareholders. And their shareholders benefit when the science surrounding climate change is obscured or distorted.

>You like to forget and ignore "invonvienent' bits and pieces dont you.

I often do forget invonvienent bits. I will also admit I don't understand ahtbnopogenic warming or gernouse gases as well as yourself. But I do try to follow the science instead of FOX News, and I find I learn more that way.

>You like to forget and ignore "invonvienent' bits and pieces dont you.

I often do forget invonvienent bits. I will also admit I don't understand ahtbnopogenic warming or gernouse gases as well as yourself. But I do try to follow the science instead of FOX News, and I find I learn more that way.

Calm down
you will be alright even if you cant remember things:)
Oh, and I do not watch any tv news of any kind. Havent for 3 years or so

I read many different sites though, not just the BBC (thinking that they are unbiased)

But I have to thank you for getting into the spelling insults too. Shows you are running out of anything with any substance to stand on:D
Abraham Lincoln