warpedskydiver

A Day Without Personal Attacks

I talk substance, you talk rhetoric; that's the stark diffrence.

Um, yeah, ok - seeing as how you throw around accusations of being a bush supporter at those who don't agree with you like beads for a mardi gras float, I think I'm going to take this one with a LARGE grain of salt.

I'd rather call some a dick, but that isn't good for longevity here. My point is that I don't care what people call me or say otherwise, just that in their drive to do this, DON'T FORGET TO ANSWER THE ISSUES AND SUPPORT THEIR ASSERTIONS WITH SOMETHING OTHER THAN HANNITY, LIMBAUGH, NEWSMAX, ETC.

Call me a fuck, I don't care, just quit dodging, running , misidrecting and asmwer teh fucking question with support other than - My didy did it that way and it worked for him.

Doesn't that sound like a great idea?

How about it?

Are you people willing to abide by this?

Can we make it just one day?

A few days?

A week?

I doubt it, but I am going to lead by example.

Let's also include veiled statements that are actually directed at provoking others.

We been trying to get that from day oen on our forum...doesn;t seem like it would be hard... hasn't happened yet![:/]

BUT, so far in the biker forum (3 years) not a single personal insult been made yet! respect is an amazing thing!

Let's also include veiled statements that are actually directed at provoking others.

Great idea. I do think the last line of your challenge is the toughest one though because you never really can know what's going to set somebody else off. And let's face facts here, if anybody wants to be a jerk they can take even the most innocent of comments and turn them into a flame fest.

Sometimes it is not just being the jerk. Real meaning is better understood when you can see the word spoken to your face. Without that a lot of assumptions need to be made at times.

But, to your point? You are dead on
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I talk substance, you talk rhetoric; that's the stark diffrence.

Um, yeah, ok - seeing as how you throw around accusations of being a bush supporter at those who don't agree with you like beads for a mardi gras float, I think I'm going to take this one with a LARGE grain of salt.

I'd rather call some a dick, but that isn't good for longevity here. My point is that I don't care what people call me or say otherwise, just that in their drive to do this, DON'T FORGET TO ANSWER THE ISSUES AND SUPPORT THEIR ASSERTIONS WITH SOMETHING OTHER THAN HANNITY, LIMBAUGH, NEWSMAX, ETC.

Call me a fuck, I don't care, just quit dodging, running , misidrecting and asmwer teh fucking question with support other than - My didy did it that way and it worked for him.

Nobody has is nailed like you do I guess.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Sounds good to me. There isn't that many who haven't put across some form of PA in their replies - Marg and Wendy spring to mind, but it's a good point.

Thanks. I try. :)
I’ll also pay-it-forward and add that I really like [matthewcline]’s sig line – both parts. But especially the latter, as one might apply it to interacting with anonymous or semi-anonymous folks on the internet. He seems to live up to it on dz.com too.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

I personally am issuing a challenge to all, in order to see who can control their typing, mouths or anything else in order to prove that they can actually act civil.

My bet is that most of the people here are pretty civil in real life. There are actually mostly nice people in the world, if you get to know them.

I doubt that a lot of discussions we as a group have in real life are much like some of the nastiness here. Problem is you don't get to know much about a person if your only interaction is a web forum. Makes it easy to be a bit snippy, and for some downright assholish.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I personally am issuing a challenge to all, in order to see who can control their typing, mouths or anything else in order to prove that they can actually act civil.

My bet is that most of the people here are pretty civil in real life. There are actually mostly nice people in the world, if you get to know them.

I doubt that a lot of discussions we as a group have in real life are much like some of the nastiness here. Problem is you don't get to know much about a person if your only interaction is a web forum. Makes it easy to be a bit snippy, and for some downright assholish.

Agreed. And add to that the security of knowing that the person you are attacking has no way of actually getting to you and the abilty to become "assholish" increases (I don't know if that's an acutal word, but I really like it:)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

As the semi-offially anointed most elloquent asshole on here.

I concur. A day of hugs and all those things that make me feel all icky.

We've lost some brothers in a very demoralizing way.

Yeah...I'm in for a day of hugs.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

As the semi-offially anointed most elloquent asshole on here.

I concur. A day of hugs and all those things that make me feel all icky.

We've lost some brothers in a very demoralizing way.

Yeah...I'm in for a day of hugs.

Hell.. I would give ya a hug big guy:)

Obviously we live in two different worlds.

The diff is that I define mine in detail, you just, "wow" yours, as if you're at a deficit as for what to say.

Not even close. The difference is in your world insults are beneficial. In mine they're detrimental.

Yeah, like telling someone he seems happy that 12 soldiers are dead. :S

But in the spirit of this thread, I won't call you a hypocrite.

Taking such a horrific event (within minutes of the event unfolding I might add) and using it in such a way to push a political agenda while also utilizing sarcasm... I calls it like I sees it my friend.

I didn't PA anyone in that post, and you did. That's the point, plain and simple.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

I'm in.... but only for the "2 pats on the back" man hug kinda thing.

No freakin way... I don't roll that way

Its a full blown Amazon hug for you or nuthin......

I would suggest waiting until national health care is a reality before accepting any Amazon hugs.

The chiropractor bills will bankrupt you:P

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Obviously we live in two different worlds.

The diff is that I define mine in detail, you just, "wow" yours, as if you're at a deficit as for what to say.

Not even close. The difference is in your world insults are beneficial. In mine they're detrimental.

Yeah, like telling someone he seems happy that 12 soldiers are dead. :S

But in the spirit of this thread, I won't call you a hypocrite.

Taking such a horrific event (within minutes of the event unfolding I might add) and using it in such a way to push a political agenda while also utilizing sarcasm... I calls it like I sees it my friend.

I didn't PA anyone in that post, and you did. That's the point, plain and simple.

Well I don't consider it a pa but I empathize that you do. It was an observation and the more you continue on, the more I feel like I called it right. At least one other member agreed so in the future you might want to consider how your posts will be perceived before clicking the submit button.

Furthermore, I never claimed I don't use pa's so your accusation of hypocrisy is ridiculous. I simply followed warpedskydiver's lead. Meanwhile you continue to shit all over it.

One thing I can claim is I have never been given a warning nor have been banned by a moderator here. I am generally a nice and respectful person but I also will be the first to stand up and call bullshit and the way you started that thread was complete and utter bullshit. Own it.
www.FourWheelerHB.com