StreetScooby

What is it about gay marriage?

>However, to adolescents, it is exciting and tempting. Once
>experimentation becomes habit the individual believes they were born
>that way.

Sounds like that describes heterosexuals as well!

And skydivers. :P
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Just to spark discussion. Do you think it would be a good idea for homosexuals to be recognized more than socially? For example, is it necessarily a good idea for Obama to get rid of the "Don't ask don't tell" policy?

I personally feel like it would create more problems for homosexuals than solve them. I have no problem with homosexuals, some of my family are, I just feel like being recognized in the work place, opens a can of worms that is "Equal Opportunity" and "Tolerance" dilemmas.

-Evo
Zoo Crew

>I just feel like being recognized in the work place, opens a can of
>worms that is "Equal Opportunity" and "Tolerance" dilemmas.

Hmm. Our company recognizes gay partnerships and marriages, and extends all benefits that a married couple gets to same-sex couples. No problems so far.

Just to spark discussion. Do you think it would be a good idea for homosexuals to be recognized more than socially? For example, is it necessarily a good idea for Obama to get rid of the "Don't ask don't tell" policy?

Don't Ask, Don't Tell is going away. Maybe not today, but my guess would be within the next year. It takes a considerable amount of time to work out some details and get the military switched over in how they do certain things, but it's absolutely going away.

I personally feel like it would create more problems for homosexuals than solve them. I have no problem with homosexuals, some of my family are, I just feel like being recognized in the work place, opens a can of worms that is "Equal Opportunity" and "Tolerance" dilemmas.

A person's sexual identity or orientation should never be an issue unless you personally plan on fucking them. Done. End of discussion.

Well, in an ideal world anyway.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

-Evo

I think it would be a good idea to have them be more "open".... I feel badly for my friend that feels that he has to hide a huge part of who he is... just imagine being ashamed of LOVE. being ashamed of your significant other. being ashamed of yourself....

I don't think they SHOULD have to hide. But... until the change catches up with our culture... they hide. Remember, the Emancipation Proclamation eliminated slavery... but the change didn't catch up with society til the 1960's (or even later....) But to make a positive step forward for PEOPLES rights... not "gay rights" .... "not womens rights" ... not "black/yellow/purple/green......." but PEOPLES rights.... that's where we should work toward

for PEOPLES rights... not "gay rights" .... "not womens rights" ... not "black/yellow/purple/green......." but PEOPLES rights.... that's where we should work toward

People are idiots, collectively anyways, I vote for the rights if the individual:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

That population isn't KNOWN for long term relationships.

:S

Why the rolly eyes thing. The gay population isn't KNOWN for long term relationships, it's KNOWN as promiscuous This doesn't hold true but that is largely irrelevant to the gen pop observations
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

That population isn't KNOWN for long term relationships.

:S

To be fair, she does acknowledge it's really no different in hetro relationships in the very next sentence.

But who wants to read to the very next sentence? It's much more fun to take things out of context and roll eyes.

>I just feel like being recognized in the work place, opens a can of
>worms that is "Equal Opportunity" and "Tolerance" dilemmas.

Hmm. Our company recognizes gay partnerships and marriages, and extends all benefits that a married couple gets to same-sex couples. No problems so far.

That's cool. Isn't California one of the most progressive states in the nation regarding gay rights?

In most of the south, we're still a few decades behind in social thinking and treatment of gays/lesbians and minorities (blacks and hispanic, etc). [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I think you might be confusing "gay" with uninhibited masculine behavior.

I'm not confusing ANYTHING, i know full well what i wrote, how are your comprehension skills:)

I gave no comment on my views but that of general populations which has limited if any exposure to any lifestyles other than their own small narrow minded world
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

That's cool. Isn't California one of the most progressive states in the nation regarding gay rights?

Not unless you're in one of the major metropolitan areas. California as a state is actually a lot more "red" than people think.

/edited to add: Seattle is the new San Francisco.

Not unless you're in one of the major metropolitan areas.

Even if!

There is a little section known as Orange County that is between Los Angeles and San Diego that I'll put up against just about any religious conservative area of the country.

California as a state is actually a lot more "red" than people think.

Way, WAY more than most people think.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Not unless you're in one of the major metropolitan areas. California as a state is actually a lot more "red" than people think.

/edited to add: Seattle is the new San Francisco.

Seattle has always been avante Garde if it wasnt for the bloody cold itt would be a great place to live :D:D:D
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I did read the very next sentence. it didn't feel like you were saying promiscuity exists across all sexual preferences - it sounded like you were saying gays are promiscuous - but truthfully, so are heteros.

But here "my friend that feels that he has to hide a huge part of who he is... just imagine being ashamed of LOVE. being ashamed of your significant other. being ashamed of yourself...."

is spot on.

When you can't express yourself naturally, openly in everyday life - I can imagine that you'd kind of go to extremes in settings where you could. People who don't have the opportunity to experience love/tenderness/sensuality seek it out in ways they may not have otherwise.

Heteros get to glance at someone at the salad bar or catch someone's eye on the sidewalk with only the fear that the other isn't attracted. Not that the other will spit on you, or call you names, or beat or kill you.

How many hetero kids fear their parents will reject them outright?

If I lived my life in fear or feeling like I had to sublimate a huge part of who I was - would I indulge in settings where I felt accepted and "normal"? You bet I would. That doesn't mean gays are promiscuous.

What excuse do the heteros have?

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

Man, talk about an entertaining thread.

Many scream that our laws and Constitution stop the many from taking "rights" from the few. As it has not been brought up yet I thought it was time.

But, it also works the other way. It also stops the few from taking rights from the many.

Simply put. (in the context of this thread) The US Constitution does not in any way say there is a "right" for same sex marriage,and therefore, no law, natural or man made, has been infringed.

Our Constitution says the only inalienable rights are those that are named by our creator!

It has however been set up to correct mistakes (our Constitution that is) that may have been made by the founders. Therein lies the ONLY path of debate and change.

Libs fucking HATE that FACT
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln